• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mechakoopa Set-ups

DonutsKy

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I am a dedicated :4bowserjr: main since the release of Smash 4, and I check out these threads quite frequently to improve my game. However, it seems that this topic has not been tackled before, so with that said, I would see some cool mechakoopa set-ups that you may have come up with!

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
This topic has been addressed in previous threads.
Do you mean setups that begin with the mechakoopa or setups that allow you to get a mechakoopa hit in?
For the latter, mechakoopas are usually best left alone while you continue to fight your opponent. If they get bumped and hit by one, capitalize on it, reading their knockback direction and starting a chain of Uairs.
For the former, there are several techniques, like using side B to catch up to your MK and pick it up after it bumps your opponent into the air but before exploding, or picking it up and then Z dropping it over your opponent, or picking it up, recatching it, and letting the explosion only hit your opponent, etc.
I would check the other threads on this board and use the search function, honestly. Many of the answers you seek will be there. :)

DonutsKy

Smash Rookie
This topic has been addressed in previous threads.
Do you mean setups that begin with the mechakoopa or setups that allow you to get a mechakoopa hit in?
For the latter, mechakoopas are usually best left alone while you continue to fight your opponent. If they get bumped and hit by one, capitalize on it, reading their knockback direction and starting a chain of Uairs.
For the former, there are several techniques, like using side B to catch up to your MK and pick it up after it bumps your opponent into the air but before exploding, or picking it up and then Z dropping it over your opponent, or picking it up, recatching it, and letting the explosion only hit your opponent, etc.
I would check the other threads on this board and use the search function, honestly. Many of the answers you seek will be there. :)
Thank you so much! :)

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I could imagine z-dropping would be useful and another thing to take not of is if you throw it on the floor it creates a hitbox around you as the explosion doesn't hurt you

Top Bottom