• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Evolution Possibilities

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Lucario is one of the few Pokemon who received a Mega Evolution- a temporary in-battle evolution that awakens the inner beast, so to speak. Now that he has returned to Smash Bros., will his Mega Evolution have any appearance? And what, exactly?

There are numerous possibilities, from being an Alt. Costume to Mega Evolving for his final smash, and so on. What do you guys think? Should his Mega Evolution be present? If so, how?

Edit: Replaced the image link with one that actually works.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking it will be a final smash but how it would work I have no clue.
Maybe it will cap out his aura for the duration of it?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It should be the exact same as the Brawl Final Smash (except faster), but Lucario Mega Evolves, then does it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At the very least, he keeps the same Final Smash, Aura Storm, but he transforms into Mega Lucario temporarily for the attack. Would be a simple aesthetic change, but a neat detail nonetheless.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It should work like in X and Y:

Increase attack power
Make it permanent until Lucario if K.O.'d
Still takes damage

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I really want to his Final Smash to be changed somehow. I said this already in another thread, but is very easy to avoid Aura Storm in Brawl

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
A Mega evolution alt. costume would be cool, but it wouldn't do it justice. I think he'll get a new, Mega evolution based final smash.

Unless Sm4sh introduces power enhancing transformations as special moves (i.e. transformation that don't change the character: Zelda/Sheik, Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle) that somehow have a handicap (for balance), I don't really see another possibility for incorporating Mega Lucario than a Mega Lucario Final Smash enhancement.

And I doubt they'll simply pass up such an obvious opportunity to update Lucario.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I imagine Mega Lucario will be his Final Smash.

I think that when he mega evolves, he will perform Close Combat, releasing a giant flurry of punches that can fill half of the screen in the direction he's facing. Based on artwork and stats, Mega Lucario is more physical and doesn't use aura powers as often as his normal form, so if Mega Lucario were to be a final smash like Wario Man, his move set could behave very differently.

If Mega Lucario is a transformation that Lucario can use under certain conditions, and his moves behave differently as a result, it would give Lucario players more strategy to work with.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly feel as though an alternate costume is the best method to include his Mega Evolution. I would use it, a lot. That being said, the obvious use might entail he transforms prior to his Final Smash or something.

Maybe he Mega Evolves when you are behind in the match, like once you hit last place, he Mega Evolves. That wouldn't be so practical though, but still, it would be cool.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I honestly feel as though an alternate costume is the best method to include his Mega Evolution. I would use it, a lot. That being said, the obvious use might entail he transforms prior to his Final Smash or something.

Maybe he Mega Evolves when you are behind in the match, like once you hit last place, he Mega Evolves. That wouldn't be so practical though, but still, it would be cool.
That might be a bit unfair, it's like his aura mechanic x1000

Morbi

Scavenger
That might be a bit unfair, it's like his aura mechanic x1000
It would obviously be scaled for Smash, it wouldn't use the canon of the Pokemon games. I mean, maybe it is a little bit more fair if he Mega Evolves when the player is at his "weakest" or when his aura is at its "strongest."

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
mega evolution makes me think of how bowser transforms into giga bowser, or wario turns into wario man.
a mega lucario will work just the same way.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My thoughts: Lucario will have his Mega Evo tied into his final smash.
Basically, Aura Storm only he turns Mega beforehand.

"WATCH THE POWER"
And then transformation.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm thinking the Mega evolutions will be used in the same way for both Lucario and Mewtwo, and be their Final Smashes. In this case they would either be a Wario Man/Giga Bowser sort of thing or then just an aesthetic change before doing their normal Final Smashes.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
But I really like Lucario's Final Smash.
I think Mewtwo is more suited to a Wario Man style Final Smash.
I guess but mega evolution is just a slight power upgrade, you keep the same moves and stuff so I don't see why he would just perform some random attack sakurai pulled out of nowhere

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Could just do the regular Final Smash, but turn into MegaLucario before hand.

* OR Lucario could turn into Super Lucario to perform his Brawl Final Smash, but only if he has 99 percent damage or higher. This gives him a wider, stronger, faster beam.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's an input that I've brought up on a different thread...

So Lucario maintains its aura mechanics, along with its specials. However, because its Final Smash hasn't been seen yet, maybe there will be a drastic change to it.

If Sakurai wants to reference Mega Evolution in any way, but in the form of a Final Smash, Lucario would be the best candidate for the job.

When Lucario mega evolves into Mega Lucario, its aura-based attacks will have their power doubled, all thanks to its ability, Adaptability. However, the duration of the Final Smash only lasts for about 20 seconds, and Mega Lucario will still be vulnerable to damage and knockback.

Much like with normal Lucario, the strength of Mega Lucario's aura-based attacks depends on its current damage, along with whether or not it's leading/trailing a match.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai said he was going to signifigantly buff Aura. Maybe after 77 percent damage, Lucario transforms into MegaLucario for even more damage.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I'm thinking about it working like this: Mega Lucario's aura trait would do the maximum amount of damage on attacks, regardless of how much damage Lucario took before activating his Final Smash. It would also make Lucario faster and stronger, a la Wario Man/Giga Bowser.

Or Lucario could turn into Mega Lucario and perform his usual Final Smash.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He might turn into Mega Lucario when using Aura Storm, though as an aesthetic change. I'd rather Lucario keep Aura Storm personally. Also, here's an idea: What if Aura Beam becomes more powerful when Lucario is at a very high damage percent? Perhaps Lucario could Mega evolve then.

I also like BridgesWithTurtles's idea. Lucario could Mega evolve to increase his power after he takes a good beating.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Sakurai said he was going to signifigantly buff Aura. Maybe after 77 percent damage, Lucario transforms into MegaLucario for even more damage.
Crap, could you imagine the damage if Sakurai were to double the damage?

154% could blow Bowser and Ganondorf off the stage at the very least. That's my Goku. :)

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Wario's route is the way to go here, or Zero Suit Samus. Slightly altered moveset that is triggered by a Final Smash or an difficult series of buttons? Good enough for me.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
It should work like in X and Y:

Increase attack power
Make it permanent until Lucario if K.O.'d
Still takes damage
Basically, this is what I've been thinking. Mega Evolution is supposed to be this one big push to get an advantage in battle, and a Pokemon is unable to revert back until 1. the battle ends or 2. they faint. It should also be noted that a Pokemon that has Mega Evolved, faints, and is revived within the same battle is unable Mega Evolve again. Thus, I honestly don't think it would fit as a Final Smash, something that can be repeated multiple times in one battle. I like the idea of only being able to activate it after you take a certain amount of percent, though, which has been brought up. However, like in X and Y, it could only be used once per match. I think a good benchmark would be 100% personally, but maybe more? Also, the Mega Evolution doesn't have to be THAT big of a boost, just enough to make a noticeable difference without being too crazy.

Anyway, this would definitely make Lucario a much more interesting character imo. Do you try to get an early lead, or do you wait until your last stock to make a comeback? If Mewtwo makes it in (which I'm pretty positive it will), he could also utilize his Mega Evo(s) in the same manner. Of course, that's just what I think would be cool.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Lucario turning into his Mega Evolution after he reaches his aura cap sounds like a great idea. Though the Final Smash one sounds good too but I would really miss his Kamehameha blast and Mewtwo already sounds like he'll take the place of having a Mega Evolution as a Final Smash.

Also this thread is a breathe of fresh air, tired of hearing people whine and complain about Lucario.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Also this thread is a breathe of fresh air, tired of hearing people whine and complain about Lucario.
Thought the same thing, I can't stand GameFAQs normally, but they went insane with the Lucario hate.

Interesting ideas, I like the idea of him Mega Evolving when he reaches his Aura Cap, but I feel like making him change as he does his giant beam is what is most likely.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Yeah and I for one believe that's what really helped him get into ssb4. Mewtwo as you know also gets 2 Mega Evo's so I think he has good chances to make it in.
It would not make any sense at all for Mega Lucario to be an Alternate costume becuz ML gets a major stat boost all around in X & Y so ML would have to be Lucario's new Final Smash. Right?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It would be pretty cool if after lucario is at a certain percentage(Maybe like 100), if he uses this taunt he transforms into Mega Lucario until he loses stock. Giving him stat boost such as being slightly stronger and faster (Maybe like 1.2% more than normal).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It would be pretty cool if after lucario is at a certain percentage(Maybe like 100), if he uses this taunt he transforms into Mega Lucario until he loses stock. Giving him stat boost such as being slightly stronger and faster (Maybe like 1.2% more than normal).
I guess that would be cool but it seems a little lame for something that is supposed to be huge and epic since thats not much stronger and it won't last very long as you would probably die pretty quickly past that point

Top Bottom