• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega-ish Fusion! July 18 ~ South NJ ~ New Details!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE ALSO CHECK OUT THE TOURNEY LISTINGS THREAD HERE:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277792
<efsa>
<ssfg>

PRESENTING MEGA-ISH FUSION!?

The same way Super DSO was a bigger and better DSO event, Mega Fusion aims to take a Fusion event and make it bigger and better - beyond the super level - to THE MEGA LEVEL!
Mega Fusion will be a special event hosted by yours truly, my first 2 day event since CoT4. With the added flexibility of hosting at the Red Fusion Gaming Center, I can offer new things that I wasn't able to do at past events.

Update: Well, due to some problems with other people scheduling events closer to people, I was forced to change this to Sunday only, but that doesn't mean this won't be awesome!

IMPORTANT ASPECTS:
  1. Two day event Sunday only so everyone can go to events that weekend!
  2. Brawl only, with side events
  3. OVERNIGHT Tournament! No limits on time between Saturday and Sunday, housing not required Tourney will still run as long as we need to on Sunday, no set closing time!
  4. Full parking lot, no parking problems like Philadelphia
  5. All at a good price

Date:
July 18th, 2010

Time:
12:00pm - Venue Opens
12:30pm - Doubles begins
After doubles - Singles Bracket
After singles - Side events!

Side events may include but aren't limited to: Brawl- Singles, Brawl Low Tier Doubles, Brawl Mid Tier Singles

Price:
$5 Venue Fee
~~~~~Free venue if you bring a TV and Wii we can use!
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Brawl Doubles per team
$5 per person for side events

Address:
Red Fusion Gaming Center @ The Shore Mall
6725 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-3904

Payouts:
Singles - 48/22/14/8/4 (in %, both 5th place players get 4% of the pot)
Doubles - 55/30/15 (in %)
Side events - 60/30/10 (in %) for singles and 55/30/15 (in %) for doubles

Rules:
Check out my tourney rules here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273232
Some rules might be updated before the event with fair warning

Transportation:
By Car:
Approximately 55 miles from Philadelphia, PA
Approximately 90 miles from Princeton, NJ
Approximately 120 miles from New York, NY
Approximately 130 miles from Baltimore, MD
Public Transit:
NJ Transit Bus 502 Stops here connecting from the Atlantic City Bus Terminal (24 minute ride)
You can get to the AC Bus Terminal from a train from NY and a train from Philadelphia.
or
Take the NJ Transit Train from Philadelphia to Absecon and see if someone can pick you up, the station is 4 miles from the venue.

Setups List:
  • 3x TVs and Wiis - Chibo/Venue
  • 1x TV and Wii - Keitaro
  • 2x TVs - Inui
  • 1-2x TVs and Wiis - Orion/Baji (Needs full confirmation)

Interested Attendee List:
-ChiboSempai
-Ally
-ForTheLulz
-M@v
-Kel
-Alex Strife
-Vex
-Inui
-Keitaro
-Allied
-Fury
-Smurf
-Kaylo
-MIB

Important Posts:

Livestream:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fusion-smash-tournament

AllisBrawl Link
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9907

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i dont think im gonna make it $15 ally, id rather ppl use the $5 to enter a side event. dont worry, ul still win plenty of money lol

Kel

Smash Master
I'm kind of interested. IF this gets big enough and I remember/ you remind me, I will probably come.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No, the mall closes at the normal time (like 9:30p or somethin?) but the store stays open. The front door closes but it has a door to outside in the back people can use

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What V17 event??

There was nothign when I announced this tourney and if there is one it will literally be 3rd or 4th tourney announced in Atl North on the same date wtf

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol he announced it in a post one day before yours

We have lots on our plate.

July 25 - Brunswick zone (Friday Night)

July 17 - V-17

July 23 - Brunswick Zone (Friday Night)

July 24 - Tour Date (Rhode Island)

Ju,y 30 - Tour Date (Location TBA)

August 14- Tour Date (Location TBA)

August 21 - V-17

August 28- Tour (Location TBA)

September 25- V-17

We are also starting a partnership with Buffalo Wild Wings begining in August for Wednesday night events.
theres no official thread (will probly be one within the week) but yeah kotc is hosting another asylum that day and yeah jg's has been talkin to me about it since last sunday.

im probly gonna go to whatever tourney ally will be at though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
theres no official thread (will probly be one within the week) but yeah kotc is hosting another asylum that day and yeah jg's has been talkin to me about it since last sunday.

Chibo announced his event first and it's going to have more side events, more cool stuff, more freedom in general, etc. JG shouldn't gay Chibo like this.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Nah actually KOTC announced all the future events for the next 3 months in one post that i quoted. as you can see in the timestamp of his post, it was dated one day before chibo made his thread.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I checked threads everywhere and AiB

Making a post in a friday tourney thread is real meh. Smash doesn't have to be at all of their events.

This tourney is gonna be awesome, 2 days of smash, tons of side events, great venue (especially if we get a larger room @ the mall which the owner is trying to do, but we'll still be fine even with the current room).

There hasn't been a 2 day brawl only event in Atl North in FOREVER

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yo **** V-17 or KOTC or whatever. This is MEGA Fusion not Fusion 2, Mega Fusion, or mega fusion, its MEGA FUSION 2 DAY EVENT. Be there or be square

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This event is going to have a MUCH better venue. I've been to both, and this venue has way more space and we won't be crowed with Halo/Madden kids.

Side events besides just Brawl-.

Two days instead of one day.

This is going to be way better.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Kind of is a biggie when I announce a big tournament for like all of Atl North to have like 4 other events schedule on the same date after me. I can deal with the other ones, but another NJ event? Mad lame.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Kind of is a biggie when I announce a big tournament for like all of Atl North to have like 4 other events schedule on the same date after me. I can deal with the other ones, but another NJ event? Mad lame.

Nah actually KOTC announced all the future events for the next 3 months in one post that i quoted. as you can see in the timestamp of his post, it was dated one day before chibo made his thread.

Just because you cant read chumbo. even though it was posted in a friday tourney, it was still announced and many of us saw it.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
lol he announced it in a post one day before yours

We apologize for the mix up but we put out our schedule in May, posted on Smash Boards in June. Due to the fact that we have muliple events and dealing with a few venues, it is essential that we schedule long in advance. This is in no way an attempt to cause any type of confusion. Our calendar can be found at:

http://njhalo.com/CALE.pdf

To show there there was no attempt for confusion, I also posted the schedule on the link below (date and time stamp is on it)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277634

We hope that both events have great turnouts.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
In the future, make threads for new tournaments when applicable, not put them in a thread ppl wont check

I'll decide what to do about this later today
thx guys

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
But like, it's a mixup where I'm the one that gets screwed over when I did nothing wrong lol. I checked atl north, listings, and aib for conflicting tourneys and none were posted, so now I have to move the date of my tourney despite being a bigger one and formally announced first. w/e

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
But like, it's a mixup where I'm the one that gets screwed over when I did nothing wrong lol. I checked atl north, listings, and aib for conflicting tourneys and none were posted, so now I have to move the date of my tourney despite being a bigger one and formally announced first. w/e
Moving forward, this type of thing won't happen again. Sorry for the confusion.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Because of scheduling conflicts, this tournament will now be a 1 day tournament only on the same Sunday it was being held on - July 18th.

For full details check the OP

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
heres the potential convoy of people invading this event from Philly area

fury, smurf, hime(?), chibo, vex, ally, stingers, xzax, squall, kaylo, mib, kingtoon, ebo, tusm, phillyrider, and everyone else i might have missed

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i want to go but i have no ride. :/
ill prolly go to KOTC but i dont know if anyone from there is going. i could also possibly go w/ them and then get housing if someone would be willing ot pick me up the next day if it would be closer lol. id obviously be willing to pay all gas money
is b- still happening?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i want to go but i have no ride. :/
ill prolly go to KOTC but i dont know if anyone from there is going. i could also possibly go w/ them and then get housing if someone would be willing ot pick me up the next day if it would be closer lol. id obviously be willing to pay all gas money
is b- still happening?
if theres time for b- at the end il hold it and if ppl want to

currently im doing mid tier singles and low tier doubles semi simultaenously between doubles and singles

Top Bottom