• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man 9

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Megaman ZX development team is working on the game.

This is gonna be amazing. :"]

Info for people who are too lazy:

Robot Masters

Magma Man
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Concrete Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Tornado Man
Splash Woman

- Dr. Wily returns
- Story: Dr. Wily blames Dr. Light for robot master attacks
- various level hazards: lava, gravity-defying magnetic platforms, Mega Man clones
- attacks gained from Robot Masters: Galaxy Man’s Black Hole Bombs
- development handled by Inti Creates (Mega Man Zero, ZX, Battle Chip Challenge)
- controls: Wiimote NES style, just as you would expect it to be
- Rush returns
- 8-bit style was chosen to ‘please fans’
- 8-bit music
- 8-bit cut-scenes
- difficultly on-par with NES games
- return of classic enemies, as well as new ones
- Will Protoman be playable? “you’ll have to wait and see.”
- hopes in surpassing the quality of Mega Man 2

----------------

Protoman!!!!

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
YES!!:roll:It's about time for another classic Mega Man game to arrive.. A female Robot Master?Whoa,that's different!I think it's cool to go 8-bit on this.Looking good!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
One thing I find of note is here:
http://www.rockmanpm.com/i/original/rockman9/mm9-nintendopower-1.jpg

Nintendo Power said:
We could go on about how Mega Man 9 features classically influenced game design and thumb-busting challenge, enhanced with features such as online leaderboards and downloadable content, but instead we'll go straight to the source: the game's producer (and Mega Man's creator) Keiji Inafune.
Could this mean MM9 will feature custom and sharable stages like in MMPU?(among other things)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Firstly, this isn't a thread about the Battle Network games (which I quite enjoyed the first one), it's about MM9.

Secondly, I just about nerdgasm'd when I saw that "8-bit" music would be in this. Also, does anyone know if there's been a confirmed release date? This looks like it'll be a long wait!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, it's coming to XBLA and PSN too, I'll probably get it for PSN.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
****ing, lame. Now I have to actually plug my Wii in after almost a month of non-usage to play an 8-bit game. But it is Mega Man...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
****ing, lame. Now I have to actually plug my Wii in after almost a month of non-usage to play an 8-bit game. But it is Mega Man...
Exactly. It's an 8-bit Megaman game.

It's one of the two franchises that should ever be allowed to revert back to it's original incarnation. The newer megaman games weren't bad, but the script sucked and it lost what made the original Megaman games so awesome - the insane challenge level.

The interview that Nintendo Power published had Keiji Inafune saying that the challenge level would not be diminished to please newer gamers. It would be as hard as the other old-school Megaman games. He also said that he hoped to do more with these in the future.

Also, it's not a Wii exclusive.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168479

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It'll go to other consoles later. Exclusivity means so little this direction ESPECIALLY with Capcom and especially with online stores. It just will be a while.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i take it the other franchise you refer to is sonic?

Exactly. It's an 8-bit Megaman game.

It's one of the two franchises that should ever be allowed to revert back to it's original incarnation.
This game looks fun. I will have to buy it after i buy Dr.mario after a find some money.

now we just have to wait till a remake of sonic.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yes, we all know that all 2D Sonic games in the 90s were good. Let's wait for Sonic the Hedgehog 4 so the nostalgics can rip that game to shreds because they idiotically compare it to Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

This is why I think MM9 will either bomb or do badly compared to other MMs. The nostalgia factor usually clouds people's judgement. Just you wait, this game will unluckily be compared to whatever MM game the fans consider the best. Thus, it will harsh reviews.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This is why I think MM9 will either bomb or do badly compared to other MMs. The nostalgia factor usually clouds people's judgement. Just you wait, this game will unluckily be compared to whatever MM game the fans consider the best. Thus, it will harsh reviews.
Ironically, that's actually supposed part of the point of this game. Kenji inafune pretty much said they want this game to surpass whatever MM game he and the fans considered the best (MM2). Thus, comparing it to MM2 would be valid, since that's pretty much Kenji and Inti creates goal: to surpass MM2 in awesomeness.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yes they WANT it to surpass MM2. Doesn't mean it actually will happen. :O
Reading comprehension, ftw!

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
S'more info and pics:

- There are doors marked Dr. L (Dr. Light) before each boss. This goes with Dr. Wily accusing Dr. Light of creating the evil robot masters
- Galaxy Man: use portals to travel through the level, enemies that split and multiply
- Plug Man: “disappearing block” puzzles
- Hornet Man: lots of bees
- Jewel Man: stand on swings and use momentum to make jumps
- Magma Man: lava, lava, lava
- Concrete Man: reminiscent of Guts Man
- Tornado Man: spinning platforms, mid-air leaps
- Splash Woman: Inafune designed this Robot Master, level features bubble puzzle reminiscent of Megan Man 5
- Dr. Light’s shop is included
- items to purchase: energy balancer, spike shoes, armor
- play as Mega Man without his helmet, if you want to
- Select screen and Menu screen feature music directly from Mega Man 2
- Select screen features options that are not allowed to be discussed until E3
- charged mega-buster and sliding not in the game, at this point. It is unclear if they will be in the final version.
- Rush Coil confirmed
- more to look forward to than the ‘regular game’. Menu screen holds other game options

Source of images: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/mega-...a-20080702154756565049/g-20080626165055938021

Also, an interview talking about MM9 on PSN and XBLA and some other things: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mega-ma...ind-behind-the-machines/a-2008070217152878013

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
That no-helmet feature sound awesome,but I remember reading about it from "The Complete Work"game info that with no helmet=defense is cuts in half.I wonder if it's the same way for MM9?
But from the screenshots & informations,it's looking good to me!

Viroxor

Smash Ace
*Mouth drops open from sheer amount of incredible*

My dreams of the past 15 years have come true. They're doing Megaman Legends 3 next, I just know it. I knew Inafune hadn't given up on the blue bomber!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
GamesRadar: If there is a XBLA or PSN version in the making, will there be any differences from Wii to 360 to PS3, like online capabilities or galleries?

Inafune: We haven’t announced a XBLA or PSN title yet. Do the fans want them? As a rule, I try not to create differences between platforms. Differences based on platform capabilities may optimize possibilities and gameplay specific to a particular platform, yet that is not necessarily welcomed by the users. Everyone desires what s/he has to be better than the others’ and it will be unfair to create differences in my opinion. To avoid such a situation, I always try to create equality across the platforms and make sure everyone will be happy with our creations.
Everyone should know by now that Capcom HATES video game exclusivity. Kinda sucks for PSN and XBLA though, nothing extra added. I still have decided which to buy this for. Hmm...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yes, we all know that all 2D Sonic games in the 90s were good. Let's wait for Sonic the Hedgehog 4 so the nostalgics can rip that game to shreds because they idiotically compare it to Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I know what you mean. It's like when New Super Mario Bros. was released, and some people said it was bad becuase "it didn't have the magic" of the old games (so they basically admitted that nostaliga was rating games for them).

Granted, I do feel that NSMB is inferior to SMB3 or World, but it's because I felt the powerups were uninspired and too situational to be useful, the levels were quick and easy (as oposed to SMB3 whose levels were quick but challenging), and the game seemed to like devoting whole levels to one gimmick which it doesn't even develop, and then drop that gimmick for the rest of the game. In short, I think NSMB is worse than SMB3 for actual gameplay reasons, not on how old the game is. It's a shame that so many people judge games on the latter.

Top Bottom