• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mega Man Moveset/Data Discussion

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Any tips vs Fox or Mario? Or should I just go ahead and use Wolf for that?
The same things that apply to Pichu can be used on the MUs against Fox and Mario, since they all are heavy combo characters, meaning they are the most dangerous up close, so we will have to play a more defensive style because their CQC is ridiculous.

First of they have reflectors, so we won't be able to abuse our projectile game as much as we'd like.
Charge shot against them is a huge no-no, you may get super lucky and land one but the risk is too great to even consider it, especially at higher percents.

Pellet spacing is key against these characters since once they get in and start a combo Megaman has a really hard time getting out of it due to poor CQC in comparision to theirs.

Item Blade is another tool that has its uses against them in the sense that it gives a way to fake some actions with Z-Dropping to bait them into Reflector and then punish:
- Z-Drop --> Grab --> Fair
- Jump --> Z-Drop --> Fair or Bair

Even without baiting, we can still contest their aerials with Fair, Bair or Upair not too bad in the aerial dept. if I say so myself.
We still have a hard time landing against them tho.

Leaf Shield is also another great tool against them since they have shorter reach than say DK or a Swordie, they have less ways to beat LS besides their reflectors.
If Leaf shields hits at mid-percents ( 40% - 60% ) with the projectile LS and you are close enough to them when it hits you can follow up with:
- RAR-Back air if they jump after being hit
- Jumping pellets if they don't jump

Mario and Fox have that dumb Nair and in the case of Fox, he gets some stupid kill confirms with it, practice Parrying them and punish with Down Smash, Up Smash or Up Tilt.

Off stage you can actually do stuff to them:
- Pellet to mess with their jump usage
- Fair and Bair for the kills, even trading against them with any of these moves means we win
- Dair works really well against Fox, because Fire Fox leaves him wide open.
- If they recover low you can go for a stage spike with a Back air
- Crash Bomber can 2-Frame recoveries if sticked to the ledge, many Palutenas have died because of it.

If you are the one recovering be sure to mix up your Rush usage:
- Always stick a Crash Bomber to the stage, if possible near the ledge that will give you some added protection in case the opponent tries to some 2-Frame stuff.
- Remember that if we keep our jump we can still use it after Rush, many opponents and some Megamans forget about this
- Some opponents will go for the kill once they see Rush come out, that's when we pull our Jump and suddenly they are the ones in disadvantage.
- You can wall jump out of every FD and BF, if you recover super low Rush --> Jump and still can't make it, try Wall jump and then Air dodge up

That is all I have might add stuff later once I review some of my matches against some Marios or Foxes

SneakOak

Smash Rookie
https://m.facebook.com/beaesneak/po...tn__=EH-R&cached_data=false&ftid=&mdp=1&mdf=1
I've been putting into work your advice, what I've found is that MegaMan works better on big stages but suffers when a character is above a platform, this footage is from a tournament I had today

I mean, keeping
The same things that apply to Pichu can be used on the MUs against Fox and Mario, since they all are heavy combo characters, meaning they are the most dangerous up close, so we will have to play a more defensive style because their CQC is ridiculous.

First of they have reflectors, so we won't be able to abuse our projectile game as much as we'd like.
Charge shot against them is a huge no-no, you may get super lucky and land one but the risk is too great to even consider it, especially at higher percents.

Pellet spacing is key against these characters since once they get in and start a combo Megaman has a really hard time getting out of it due to poor CQC in comparision to theirs.

Item Blade is another tool that has its uses against them in the sense that it gives a way to fake some actions with Z-Dropping to bait them into Reflector and then punish:
- Z-Drop --> Grab --> Fair
- Jump --> Z-Drop --> Fair or Bair

Even without baiting, we can still contest their aerials with Fair, Bair or Upair not too bad in the aerial dept. if I say so myself.
We still have a hard time landing against them tho.

Leaf Shield is also another great tool against them since they have shorter reach than say DK or a Swordie, they have less ways to beat LS besides their reflectors.
If Leaf shields hits at mid-percents ( 40% - 60% ) with the projectile LS and you are close enough to them when it hits you can follow up with:
- RAR-Back air if they jump after being hit
- Jumping pellets if they don't jump

Mario and Fox have that dumb Nair and in the case of Fox, he gets some stupid kill confirms with it, practice Parrying them and punish with Down Smash, Up Smash or Up Tilt.

Off stage you can actually do stuff to them:
- Pellet to mess with their jump usage
- Fair and Bair for the kills, even trading against them with any of these moves means we win
- Dair works really well against Fox, because Fire Fox leaves him wide open.
- If they recover low you can go for a stage spike with a Back air
- Crash Bomber can 2-Frame recoveries if sticked to the ledge, many Palutenas have died because of it.

If you are the one recovering be sure to mix up your Rush usage:
- Always stick a Crash Bomber to the stage, if possible near the ledge that will give you some added protection in case the opponent tries to some 2-Frame stuff.
- Remember that if we keep our jump we can still use it after Rush, many opponents and some Megamans forget about this
- Some opponents will go for the kill once they see Rush come out, that's when we pull our Jump and suddenly they are the ones in disadvantage.
- You can wall jump out of every FD and BF, if you recover super low Rush --> Jump and still can't make it, try Wall jump and then Air dodge up

That is all I have might add stuff later once I review some of my matches against some Marios or Foxes
MegaMan has a bit of a hard time setting the distance with pellets because they can get in eventually and it leads you to a huge deficit, I'll rather just play a secondary against good cgc characters

DarkDream

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys deal with villager? Just fought one on battle field and I could not even reach him

SneakOak

Smash Rookie
How do you guys deal with villager? Just fought one on battle field and I could not even reach him
Maybe because the close space of battlefield, try going to a stage with more space, like Kalos, pellets beat everything from villager, don't use charge shot a lot because he could pocket it, fair will help you when you are close and backair will help you close stocks, it is a good MU for MegaMan

Mitsuki

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys, I´m maining megaman but IDK if someone of you have some kind of guie or maybe the frame data of the lastest version 3.0.1 ...... also i want to understand more the character, i have lost a match vs ike but to many people told me that I should won because megaman is like a counter for ike. if some one want to play with me to explain me or maybe just tell me what I have to improve or what i have to practice , i really want to become a good megaman players so if someone could help I will be gratefull

SneakOak

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, I'm the best Megaman in Honduras and I went to a local major last Sunday, I got to fight our 1st Ranked player Yuka and I would love some feedback regarding this battle as to what I could have done that would make me win

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Hello guys, I'm the best Megaman in Honduras and I went to a local major last Sunday, I got to fight our 1st Ranked player Yuka and I would love some feedback regarding this battle as to what I could have done that would make me win
Hmm... Interesting. It seems that Yuka used Snake and Lucina, while you stayed with Mega Man the entire time. Snake and Lucina are two of Mega Man's "unfavorable" matchups according to Eventhubs, as Mega has match average of 4.8 against them. Personally, I would try looking at a few YouTube videos just to get a taste of how to get better with Mega Man, so these videos might help. Of course, you can't bring up Mega Man without bringing up King of Skill's legendary video, am i right?

I hope these videos help you improve your Mega Man play, Sneak.

Top Bottom