• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Mans F-Tilt / Pellet Tech?

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I may have discovered some minor tech for Mega man in the super smash bros 3ds demo. Though honestly its probably not tech at all.
While you’re doing Mega man’s F-tilt (The Triple Pellet Shot), after you shoot the first or second pellet if you jump and quickly tap the A button, you can shoot the remaining pellet(s) while mid-air. (if you don’t tap the A button quick enough mega man will not be able act for a moment because the move will begin to recover)
Why is this good? because while mid-air, if you shoot a pellet, Mega Man’s buster gets a hitbox which knocks the opponent back. so you can combo the first 2 pellets into a short hop pellet.
This gives you a lot of options offensively and defensively. you can run towards your opponent, fire 2 pellets then short hop backwards and shoot a pellet to zone/space, or if you get a hit confirm on the pellets you can do a short hop pellet to knock your opponent back, you can also just stay on the ground and possibly catch your opponent off guard with a quick grab .

sorry if I didn't do a good job explaining this, I've never been good at explaining things. - Not even sure if this is worth posting about

Last edited:

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
This is also relevant for his Jab and N-Air, right? He's my demo main but I haven't really figured out anything with him yet other than U-Smash into U-Air into U-Air.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
This is also relevant for his Jab and N-Air, right? He's my demo main but I haven't really figured out anything with him yet other than U-Smash into U-Air into U-Air.
I think this is only relevant with Jab and F-tilt. you pretty much get the properties of N-air when you jump while doing your Jab and F-tilt

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I think this is only relevant with Jab and F-tilt. you pretty much get the properties of N-air when you jump while doing your Jab and F-tilt
Good point, considering jump pellets are literally N-Air.

Top Bottom