• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaCon March 2010 March 12th - 14th, 2010

Pi

Smash Hero
me and 11 others are going and if we get up to 25 then we get a group discount

if anyone wants to go

http://www.megaconvention.com/

Orange County Convention Center Hall D
9899 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,-81.462336&spn=0.005774,0.00751&z=17&iwloc=A

it's there

but yea

if anyone is interested feel free to let me know
my phone # is 407-462-2531

we'd juss need everyones money together in 1 sum then we purchase the tickets

my friends settin stuff up

if anyones who's interested wants to like, hang out and smash and go over any questions that'd be chill too

juss lmk

see if we can shave some monies off

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
im going to megacon, but i dont know if i would compete. guess ill know when i get there. are they going to do doubles or just singles?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
So you would rather go all the way down to orlando, spending x amount of dollars on gas, x amount on food for the whole trip, and x amount on getting into this place then to go to Fr which is less then half an hour from you:confused::confused:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol, I was just kidding about going to this.

But that would definitely be more worth it to go to Orlando than Final Round. Final Round is going to have like 8 people for Melee lol.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
yea i'm curious about the tournament there
is there one?
any details on it?
someone told me there was gonna be one, but i dont know the details. this will be my 1st time at megacon.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Megacon sucked really hard last year.
I have been to a **** ton of anime cons in my life, and Megacon is definitely not up at the top of my list.

To be fair, its not exactly at my bottom either. It has its perks, but overall..its average-below average.

Attend Megacon if you don't have any other plans

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i've gone to megacons in the past and the way they do it often is: no losers bracket, items on, 2 minute time limit, only 8 original characters. So basically how the game comes default is how you play another person, so what you see mostly is people picking fox, hitting you and running away the whole time on temple.

nevershootme

Smash Master
i'd go if it wasn't so boring to deal and harass cosplayers and holler at the good ones to get their numbers! 2nd statement is an exception...

anime con tournies you can always assume they're mostly crap rules (items and time) and crap prizes (no real money, gift cards or plushies) unless otherwise

only a good TO would be able to weasel with con staff to let them run any tourney with good results... but turnouts will always be good at good anime cons. best example of anime con with good tourney, me taking care of smash for yasumicon (free but w/e con at FIU with decent to high turnouts up to 60 ppl), and 2 others taking care of SFIV and BB

going to megacon = $30, same as going to final round

Pritch

Smash Lord
i've gone to megacons in the past and the way they do it often is: no losers bracket, items on, 2 minute time limit, only 8 original characters. So basically how the game comes default is how you play another person, so what you see mostly is people picking fox, hitting you and running away the whole time on temple.
What he said. If you're looking for a good smash tournament, megacon is not where you want to be. If you're looking for a reasonably good anime con that happens to have a smash tournament, then go for it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol. Please don't attend a convention just because you want to enter the smash tournament. You will wasting both your time and money.
I highly approve of this

to me, Megacon is the worst con to go to (personal opinion). Everytime I go, i regret it. As far as events go, theres never any good ones cause all of the decent events are wasted on comic books

not to mention the game room is actually inside of the store, which closes at like 7-8. on top of no events, that gives me like nothing to do after that

and its not at a hotel, so its harder to plan party shenanigans since it involves travel

...i think ill just sleep home

Frames

DI
uh i went last year

there was NO melee

only ONE brawl setup

and the tournament sucked

oh btw it was laggy

megacon is fun...the smash is not

Top Bottom