• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 1/6 at 11:59 PM EST

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
im kind of ambivalent to join in on the jd wagon cuz votecount but g **** *******

@MOD request votecount

also... it seems like everyones either hating on jd or just isnt here.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
So, let me point out the elephant in the room for just one second?

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry literally hasn't posted since game's start. @ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair hasn't posted. @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo last posted at Tuesday at 3am. This is sum buuuuuuu. How a hydra between Raz and Ryker has yet to post, and I'm literally just realizing their slot is a hydra, is absolutely beyond me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah I'm sorry. I've been in deadline hell and will probably take some time this weekend to post, though no promises, I have another one monday and tuesday. I should be good after that though. I have a decent idea of what's going on, but haven't done anything besides skim.

#HBC | Gorf

its probably because they want to calculate their move in hopes of finding a way around me shooting them. and zozos just -

oh would you look at that ninja

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Jdietz43

you've been playing very defensively. waiting for Ryker to show up and respond to Gorf isn't happening. That's not even something guaranteed to happen. so far you've said Soup asserting Maven was being awkward is null and that you don't know why Joey went in so hard but that it was fine. you're voting nabe right now from that buttmaster joke way back there. who's scum?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
bad... and a little scummy. see: Inglorious's #222.

@ DtJ S2n DtJ S2n Inglorious elaborates on the problem with Jdietz in #222, which I didn't have the patience to do last night. I'd like you to weigh in on what you think of Jdietz after reading that.
I'm wary of him but I'm not sold on him being scum. He didn't answer in a way I was expecting

I agree with Gheb/JTB on their thoughts on why to press him.

Right now I want the Ryker slot to post.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
this is not how I would have expected you to respond as town...

I was hoping that you would point out that I should commit to either one or the other so that I can't change my mind later when it's convenient for me. This is important for catching liars.

For some reason you are more concerned about whether my timing was "good" and whether what I said/the timing of what I said "helps" the town. (As opposed to figuring out whether I'm strategically trying to hurt the Town).

You're also using words like "mistake", "confused", "bad move" - very passive language that assumes I am Town - when you're interrogating my anti-town behavior.

vote: fand
Okay, its obvious now what you were trying to do. However you are not thinking critically about this.

I was questioning your behavior because it was confusing, Look at the context of my questions and why I asked them. I still have no strong leans on anyone even despite Gorf's post basically eliminating any sort of RVP, I am just questioning and seeing where everyone's head is at.

I was questioning you because as I said, I was really confused about what you were hoping to gain out of your post had I thought you were scum I would have just voted you. Of course I was concerned about the timing, that's what made me initially dismiss your post as a joke, it was your behavior later that confused me and made me reconsider. I also brought up that it was bad play to back up the claim there because it does actually hurt the town, in that situation it would have been better to wait to see what Gorf's gambit was (since you'd know they are legit) and see Ryker's response and then backup their claim, backing up their claim there only gives Ryker the possibility to rethink their options.

Maven89

Smash Master
I've been very busy and haven't had time to really read the thread, only barely skim at the start and nothing at all the last few pages.

Gorf's post was clear bull**** and I don't understand how someone pulling out clear BS and having others pretend that they don't know it's BS can be used to judge anything useful from someone else responding to this BS. So I didn't respect Gorf's claim and I don't think anyone should have, there's way better ways to get the ball rolling then that. I had no interest in wading through that mess.

I'll get to this game tomorrow or the weekend.

Soup be quite my humor is flawless

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ Vult Redux Vult Redux how about you let me do my laundry
oh bby

Votecount 1.1

1. DF:
2. FML: Dietz
3. Soup: Dietz
4. Ruy:
5. Maven:
6. Stew: Vult > Dietz
7. ZoZo:
8. IR: Dietz
9. Dietz: Nabe
10. Joey: Gorf >
11. Vult: Dietz > Fanny
12. Nabe: Joey
13. Gorf: Joey
14. Fanny:

Count
Dietz (4): FML, Soup, Stew, IR
Joey (2): Nabe, Gorf
Fanny (1): Vult
Nabe (1): Dietz

Not voting: Dramatic Flair, Ruy, Maven, ZoZo, Joey, Fanny

Deadline is Monday, December 15th at 11:59 PM EST! With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch!

:186:

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker

.....Owain? Owain?! ......Blast.

Where in blue blazes has that man gone to THIS time? Figures he'd run off without me before things have even started!

Never fear, ladies!

Your great and fabulous Inigo is here to protect the lovely ladies of this Town from all the scum lurking within.

Errr..... once he reads the thread, of course.

Bear with me!

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
ryker, i claim town dayvig. i will give you three posts to claim, or i will shoot you.

Owain isn't with us at the moment, but rest assured we'll not submit to your demands, fiend!

I am quite fond of the ladies @#HBC | Joey and @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo based on their brief exchange in 143-145.

Joey's 154 is also a logical response to the counterpoints made to his original post.

That said, I can't say I get the impression that Joey is actually scum-reading Gorf, and I'm concerned by the number of people who are buying into that as of the bottom of Page 4.

Continuing on reading this absolutely riveting thread.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
It's not a question of giving credit to people though. The point is that whatever Gorf intended to do with his claim is now secondary to the fact that his claim did end up getting us out of RVS immediately. So let's just leave it at that and stop talk about what Gorf may have wanted to achieve. Neither does it matter nor is there a high probability that we will ever find out anyway.

Valid point! I must say though, your avatar is hardly ladylike at all. That simply won't do.

I do wonder why anyone expected us to actually respond to such an empty threat in the first place.

At worst, Gorf shoots us and spoils a game like my reckless comrade Owain once did, and the ladies of the world are robbed of my illustrious visage until the next time Owain and I ride again.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
and fml STRIKES again, this time featuring likely 100% wifom+meta related reasons to give a ****ty read!
I can't say I agree with this one.

Though he did not explicitly explain it, I think by the time he posted this there was more than enough content from the Lady Joey to have formed a read on the slot.

I, at least, have come to the same conclusion for now.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
ehh. ill take that. i see it different but honestly i think timell tell more than anything.

i think joey disguising what is clearly an emotion based perception of my actions with an attempt of logic and reason is moreso the case here. but truth be told he HAS backed down (at the recommendation of town, but nonetheless backed down) so maybe youre right. still dont feel all that hot about em doe.

I'm not fond of this. Joey was looking to generate content, not simply start yelling. To that end, providing that logic and reason makes significantly more sense than not doing so.

I'm not comfortable with this door being left open here. Do you scumread Joey? What was the motivation for him to come out hard on an OBVIOUS gambit? Do you think he ever legitimately scumread you, to the point that he would lynch you?

I can't see the scum motivation behind Joey's play thus far. Perhaps you can show me.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Fanny asking the right questions, Dietz asking the wrong ones.

That's strange because right after you posted your #135 you kinda just dipped ... exactly at a time where a lot of discussion was happening and where it became very clear that RVS would not be a thing in this game. Since the game did get kicked off "proper" after that post of yours I'm curious why you were nowhere to be seen at the peak of our discussion regarding Gorf's claim and how soup and Joey reacted to it? It happened from the moment you stopped posting until the end of page 5 [on 40 ppp.] where we concluded that Gorf's claim is null. Where were you during that time?
If I were hoping for an immediate response to something I say, I wouldn't disappear for the next like 48 hours.
This is a valid point, but I'm not wholly convinced, due to knowing what Dietz's schedule is like. He's gone for long periods of time for work.

I'd have to look at the exact timing to be sure.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
You mean what was I doing between 9PM, the first and only time I had time to access the computer that night after work before bed, and 11PM? Sleeping. Those posts were all I had time for, seeing the game was open, skimming what I assumed was a joke claim, and half joking half hoping that the person viewing should totally regard that claim as "legit" and respond. When that didn't spark an immediate comment in the next 5 minutes I went to bed.

I think you're far overestimating the amount of time or effort I posted with. Each time I've posted here so far has been the first free moment after work I've gotten. In yesterday's case I didn't even get dinner, I just collapsed upon getting home and woke up near midnight later on. So if you're going to take issue with my post timings forget it, I have no control over any of that these days.

.... As expected.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
this is not how I would have expected you to respond as town...

I was hoping that you would point out that I should commit to either one or the other so that I can't change my mind later when it's convenient for me. This is important for catching liars.

For some reason you are more concerned about whether my timing was "good" and whether what I said/the timing of what I said "helps" the town. (As opposed to figuring out whether I'm strategically trying to hurt the Town).

You're also using words like "mistake", "confused", "bad move" - very passive language that assumes I am Town - when you're interrogating my anti-town behavior.

vote: fand
This is...... extremely weak.

Surely I can't be the only one thinking this?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
oh bby

Votecount 1.1

1. DF:
2. FML: Dietz
3. Soup: Dietz
4. Ruy:
5. Maven:
6. Stew: Vult > Dietz
7. ZoZo:
8. IR: Dietz
9. Dietz: Nabe
10. Joey: Gorf >
11. Vult: Dietz > Fanny
12. Nabe: Joey
13. Gorf: Joey
14. Fanny:

Count
Dietz (4): FML, Soup, Stew, IR
Joey (2): Nabe, Gorf
Fanny (1): Vult
Nabe (1): Dietz

Not voting: Dramatic Flair, Ruy, Maven, ZoZo, Joey, Fanny

Deadline is Monday, December 15th at 11:59 PM EST! With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch!

:186:
we unvoted
@MOD request votecount

also... it seems like everyones either hating on jd or just isnt here.
We think hes town.
Reading razs stuff now

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker

With that, I am caught up!

I don't have a whole lot additional to add to my comments I've made thus far, apologies for bombarding a bit there.

I'll see you all in the morning. It's 3:03 AM and I needed to get SOMETHING done lest the ladies wonder where the heck we've been.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
So this gimmick is basically like J but spearheaded by Ryker on the forefront of posting while Raziek twiddles his thumbs in their QuickTopic making one or two off-posts during the current dayphase. Lovely.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
So this gimmick is basically like J but spearheaded by Ryker on the forefront of posting while Raziek twiddles his thumbs in their QuickTopic making one or two off-posts during the current dayphase. Lovely.
Raz is the every so charming, if a little bit queer, Inigo. Ryker is, presumably, the fanciful Owain. I would bet on my inheritance that these strapping young lads wouldn't try and impersonate one another's characters. I'm considering making my own OC for this game now...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This dietz wagon is dissipating fast in my eyes. This game is in desperate need of a spark because nobody is at each other's throats or they're not putting in the legwork to actually start to push on something of merit, whether it be because of the situation we're in or just being plain lazy. I fall under the category of being lazy but I have a nervous habit where I see that a game isn't going anywhere and I feel convicted to try and push it forward even if it comes at the expense of me being put in spotlight, good or bad.

I'm not sure if @Jdietz43 simply didn't care or was phased by what I said about him but it's unnerving to be blown off like that. Maven's recent response didn't wow me either but this all feels like a waiting game right now. I kind of hate waiting.

I will say one thing about not JD itself but the wagon is that it's very fruitful and I would like to see it move forward. I'm taken aback by Vult jumping off of it only because he seemed convicted for a while, but then it never really wrapped itself up. He's voting fanny for whatever reason he might have that I should probably not skim eventually and my incoherent ramblings about the current state of the game and my frustration with SWF town probably won't do any good.

@ Inglorious Retards Inglorious Retards , @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , @#HBC | Joey and @ Fandangox Fandangox are unappealing lynches to me right now. There's a disconnect between me and @ Vult Redux Vult Redux like I mentioned with him both hopping off of Fanny and subsequently voting someone who I feel has been relatively harmless with his questioning and I fail to see the ill intent in them. I think most of them are good and even if I'd love to see more action from him, perhaps I'll get that seeing how Vult responds. Gorf has practically set himself up in a way that he won't get lynched D1 beacuse he hasn't retracted his DayVig claim. It's pointless to talk about it as much as that slot until he takes an action. IR has been overall pleasant, but my only possible gripe that could become of him is that he is playing rather safe and reserved, otherwise, his posts have been agreeable and we're both on the same mindset (hopefully) with JD. My original thoughts with Joey still ring true and I probably won't be able to fully read that slot with confidence at all this game because I am always appealed by how much effort he puts in his posts that I think he couldn't possibly want to waste that much character space to elaborate on every little detail. What's horrible is that he does it as town too so my trick more or less is to see how he reacts emotionally to something, and so far the only emotional thing he's done is blow up at gorf which he eventually retracted after being told that it wasn't the right thing to do. Does anyone want to clarify if they feel that this is characteristic of Joey as town or as scum? This can also be without meta if you think that him backing out was alarming either. I don't like telling people what to do but I have a priority and I'd like answers.

@ FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch , @ Maven89 Maven89 (and JD) are people who I could agree to lynch right now. My main lynch is still JD until proven otherwise, but I haven't really been keeping much tabs on FML other then he made a really weird post where he town-read Joey for 'being honest' which in itself is lazy and was never really elaborated on either. This read is more based on rather on what FML hasn't done, which isn't ****. I feel he's being too cryptic and quiet for his own good, and I would definitely from a meta stand-point expect Rake to at least be a bit more talkative. I don't have much to say on Maven but gut feeling and how he's been dodging the thread up until now. I really dislike the activity.

Anyone else mentioned really needs to post more before I decide how I feel about them. @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu has made a couple of posts I would consider useless but given this is Red Ruy and I'm certain that he will eventually get going in due time. I'm more cautious of @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo and @#HBC | Nabe instead. I don't know what to make of S2 as he falls under that annoying category of 'I question them and they seem to outright ignore it.'

I can't believe I made this stupid wall. I hate mafia.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Didn't even know you questioned me. Sorry. Here's a bit of my mind in return for me having been rude.

You're right that there's a lot of waiting in this game. I'm waiting for JDietz to take an opinion on someone/thing that isn't a null read, and is someone that he wasn't asked to take an opinion specifically on.

There's also the matter of Gorf's conditions for going through with the dayvig being met. iirc he said he'd shoot them if they didn't claim by Friday, or within their first three posts. If he

My original thoughts with Joey....
regarding Joey. I attribute him voting gorf straight out of the gate to being characteristic of him regardless of alignment. Maybe I'm being naive, but I actually read town from him backing out and expanding his view. He's fine for the time being.

#HBC | Gorf

an... OBVIOUS gambit?

pfft. i didnt even like your contributions much. peace, sorry you didnt comply but im SURE you must understand where im coming from, seeing how youre one of the few who can outplay me in this game and i see that as a threat.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
This is...... extremely weak.

[...]

Surely I can't be the only one thinking this?
Nah, you're right. At first I thought Vult wasn't really that serious and just tried to tangle up Fanny in an argument to get a reads on him so I decided to let him do his thing. But right now it looks like Vult is just poking him for the sake of it while not digging into any of the other subjects at hand. Though it's definitely in line with his meta it makes things a bit too easy on himself so I'm not OK with it. And his arguments haven't been convincing, nor has he tried to draw other players' attention onto it which makes it look even weaker.

A Vult wagon might not be the worst idea and I'm willing to give it a shot ... if Dietz ever starts to like actually look out for scum, that is.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

G-Gimick? You couldn't be farther from the truth!

I AM A MAN OF PASSION!

Your assumptions make it more than clear just how little you actually understand about how our hydra (Or 'Dynamic COMBINATION!' as Owain insists I call it) works. The two of us see each other often enough that we have no need for scrolls to communicate..... when he doesn't bail on me without warning, as he is prone to do.

Further, you significantly underestimate my vigor for a game when give reason to have interest in it. Most of the time, it is I who scripts our posts regardless, as Owain so frequently insists on prancing around the room yelling special move names while I script our posts.

Raz is the every so charming, if a little bit queer, Inigo. Ryker is, presumably, the fanciful Owain. I would bet on my inheritance that these strapping young lads wouldn't try and impersonate one another's characters. I'm considering making my own OC for this game now...

Ahh..... Makoto, was it? What a vision of loveliness. You've the right of it once again, though I do hope to change your mind on the 'queer' part. Perhaps you'd like to visit my tent this evening for an audience to one of my 'special dances'?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
an... OBVIOUS gambit?

pfft. i didnt even like your contributions much. peace, sorry you didnt comply but im SURE you must understand where im coming from, seeing how youre one of the few who can outplay me in this game and i see that as a threat.

YOU, on the other hand, are quickly trying my patience. You've wasted just about enough time with this tripe. Make good on your threats, or get over yourself.

And if you shoot us, you'd damn well better have a suitable special move name thought up. I pity the man who finds themselves haunted by Owain's ghost. Seven hells, that man can be a bother sometimes.

Now, allow me to direct your attention to my earlier inquiry that you conveniently glazed over:
I'm not fond of this. Joey was looking to generate content, not simply start yelling. To that end, providing that logic and reason makes significantly more sense than not doing so.

I'm not comfortable with this door being left open here. Do you scumread Joey? What was the motivation for him to come out hard on an OBVIOUS gambit? Do you think he ever legitimately scumread you, to the point that he would lynch you?

I can't see the scum motivation behind Joey's play thus far. Perhaps you can show me.

I won't be satisfied until I've received a clear stance from you on the Lady Joey.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker

G-Gimick? You couldn't be farther from the truth!

I AM A MAN OF PASSION!

Your assumptions make it more than clear just how little you actually understand about how our hydra (Or 'Dynamic COMBINATION!' as Owain insists I call it) works. The two of us see each other often enough that we have no need for scrolls to communicate..... when he doesn't bail on me without warning, as he is prone to do.

Further, you significantly underestimate my vigor for a game when give reason to have interest in it. Most of the time, it is I who scripts our posts regardless, as Owain so frequently insists on prancing around the room yelling special move names while I script our posts.

Ahh..... Makoto, was it? What a vision of loveliness. You've the right of it once again, though I do hope to change your mind on the 'queer' part. Perhaps you'd like to visit my tent this evening for an audience to one of my 'special dances'?

YOU, on the other hand, are quickly trying my patience. You've wasted just about enough time with this tripe. Make good on your threats, or get over yourself.

And if you shoot us, you'd damn well better have a suitable special move name thought up. I pity the man who finds themselves haunted by Owain's ghost. Seven hells, that man can be a bother sometimes.

Now, allow me to direct your attention to my earlier inquiry that you conveniently glazed over:

I won't be satisfied until I've received a clear stance from you on the Lady Joey.
Ahhh bother, I forgot to get into character properly first. My apologies, Lady Laundry. Won't happen again.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
This dietz wagon is dissipating fast in my eyes. This game is in desperate need of a spark because nobody is at each other's throats or they're not putting in the legwork to actually start to push on something of merit, whether it be because of the situation we're in or just being plain lazy. I fall under the category of being lazy but I have a nervous habit where I see that a game isn't going anywhere and I feel convicted to try and push it forward even if it comes at the expense of me being put in spotlight, good or bad.

I'm not sure if @Jdietz43 simply didn't care or was phased by what I said about him but it's unnerving to be blown off like that. Maven's recent response didn't wow me either but this all feels like a waiting game right now. I kind of hate waiting.

I will say one thing about not JD itself but the wagon is that it's very fruitful and I would like to see it move forward. I'm taken aback by Vult jumping off of it only because he seemed convicted for a while, but then it never really wrapped itself up. He's voting fanny for whatever reason he might have that I should probably not skim eventually and my incoherent ramblings about the current state of the game and my frustration with SWF town probably won't do any good.
I should clarify that I'm not jumping off the Dietz wagon and I am still there in spirit. I also am not suggesting that I would prefer to lynch Fand over him.

My vote switch is because I was concerned about the game lagging and wanted to mix something up (in your words... give it a "spark").

this is also @ whoever else mentioned that they don't like my switch

That's not to say that my vote is meaningless. I DO think that the direction of Fand's questions are problematic. I think it's pretty clear at this point (it was probably clear was I first said it too...) that I don't know anything about Gorf's role. Fand is the only player who is still focused on it - and not for the right reasons.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Owain isn't with us at the moment, but rest assured we'll not submit to your demands, fiend!
but what is your reaction to Gorf...

Gorf's post was clear bull**** and I don't understand how someone pulling out clear BS and having others pretend that they don't know it's BS/quote]Fand has implied that he is ambivalent about whether to take Gorf's claim seriously... Is he lying, then?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Okay, its obvious now what you were trying to do. However you are not thinking critically about this.

I was questioning your behavior because it was confusing, Look at the context of my questions and why I asked them. I still have no strong leans on anyone even despite Gorf's post basically eliminating any sort of RVP, I am just questioning and seeing where everyone's head is at.

I was questioning you because as I said, I was really confused about what you were hoping to gain out of your post had I thought you were scum I would have just voted you. Of course I was concerned about the timing, that's what made me initially dismiss your post as a joke, it was your behavior later that confused me and made me reconsider. I also brought up that it was bad play to back up the claim there because it does actually hurt the town, in that situation it would have been better to wait to see what Gorf's gambit was (since you'd know they are legit) and see Ryker's response and then backup their claim, backing up their claim there only gives Ryker the possibility to rethink their options.
Hmmm

One more question: you said my "behavior later" made you reconsider. What are you referring to, exactly?

Top Bottom