• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman - Read my last post in the thread and think hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I've been planning on making a megaman hack once model replacement was possible, would you mind me using your model for my own project once you finish?
Im sorry but no you cannot use any of the megamans i am making for any projects. Its always better to make it yourself, you will be more satisfied and you can take full credit, trust me, its better.

Ah and i wanted this to be a surprise guys, but your all asking too much about it. I am making megaman and megaman X then zero. I will go on to make other megaman themed stuff, so be patient, i want there to be atleast an element of surprise in here.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
So, basically. We could submit Movesets for them right now, and you choose... Right?

Smash Ace
BTW that means i would like it for you guys to submit your moveset ideas.

Anyone want early screens on the model?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Im sorry but no you cannot use any of the megamans i am making for any projects. Its always better to make it yourself, you will be more satisfied and you can take full credit, trust me, its better.

Ah and i wanted this to be a surprise guys, but your all asking too much about it. I am making megaman and megaman X then zero. I will go on to make other megaman themed stuff, so be patient, i want there to be atleast an element of surprise in here.
hmm...

oh i see the post now, thankz colored blind ^_^ but a classic interpretation huh? well, this should be very interesting then, considering I was almost positive if megaman was in Brawl, he'd be X. ah well, should be neat anyway... heh heh heh XD
well then, i guess ill be getting the head start on zero xD

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
Alright, lemme see.

B= Buster, can be charged for more damage, can be changed to different powers
UpB= Rush lifts up Mega
DownB= Changes power for the B attack
ForwardB= Beam sword dash can be charged
-----------------
Thats all I can think of.

Smash Ace
Did the original megaman have charge shot? I always thought it was the whole only 3 little shots thing.

Anyway im gonna rest for a while. Ill come back to modeling in a few hours.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Did the original megaman have charge shot? I always thought it was the whole only 3 little shots thing.

Anyway im gonna rest for a while. Ill come back to modeling in a few hours.
I know that he could charge in MegaMan 3.
I don't know if he acquired it during the 2nd one of was it brand new in the 3rd... But yes, he could charge his shots.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
What Zero model/models would you be making?

just out of curiosity
er... actually, negative on the moveset, something has... eh... come up?
well, kinda, but there WILL be a moveset, just not for a while... anyway...
by model, i mean Partial Size Modifier models, since Ive got nothing to make models with atm. plus, Im using this code to tide us over until the importer is released. you can see what im making and what I have made on my thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242011

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
You should go for a Megaman 9 moveset.

It'd be cool if he was 2D like Game and Watch, but I doubt this is possible. Samus is the obvious choice for a base, Snake might work too.
can you use the item "scope" to shoot out different sized shoots
I don't think you need to use Samus

Samus transforms
so I doubt mega man needs that

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
I'm sure there's a code which can modify certain characters on the z plane (3D plane) basically reducing them to paper size... I'll see if I can find it. The only problem with it as I remember was that it didn't look 2D unless you paused the game and had rotated the screen around to look at the side.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
His neutral B should obviously be his buster. If in the future it becomes possible to edit projectiles and the number of them then limit his non-charge to three, his semi charge to one (but with the highest amount of speed), and his third charge to one (but with a speed in between that of semi and non charge. A realistic Megaman charge should be possible since there's a Fighter Kirby character that can shoot different levels of hadoukens quite similarly to how Mega can shoot his shots. Just limit him from being able to do anything except move and jump during the charge.

If you're going for a classic Megaman, I suggest using his jet form for his up-b. His down b can allow him to switch between weapons. If possible make his different weapons all map to b since the original megaman was unable to use a charge shot and a robot master's weapon at the same time. Cutman, Airman, Fireman, Iceman, and Elecman are possible weapons since they're abilities can translate fairly well to smash without being broken, and they're also well known by everyone in the Megaman community. Perhaps his over-b could have him enlist the help of one of his other robo-buddies

For an X interpretation things get a little trickier. X hasn't been around enough yet to give off a really set nostalgia factor. The main points everyone remembers from the X timeline are Sigma, Zero, and the various suits.Ultimate armor could obviously come in as his Final Smash similar to how Giga Bowser and Wario-Man works, or you could simply have him use the Ultima charge similar to Marth's critical. As far as B moves for him, I'm pretty stumped. None of the robot masters really stood out to me especially since all of their difficulty levels are fairly low compared to the old games.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna work on a moveset for X and I'll be posting it sometime soon.
And, just like Neko, I'd be glad to see the early screens. Could we also get to see the concept arts?
*Note: "Ultima Charge" will be Nova Strike for you, m'kay?

Smash Ace
I didnt do concept art, just a model sheet.

And i will release screens later tomorrow.

I have been studying megaman further, i have finished megaman 1 and 6 so far. Megaman 6 in 1 continue :p and 1 with 1 continue as well. I will be playing the rest of them, i have an almost complete moveset written up, i may start it fairly soon and work on and off with the model.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Samll suggestion, sense you said you'd do other characters after Megaman, X, and Zero, what about Cutman? He's a classic character!

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Classic Megaman is Cool and All But My Fave Megaman is Starforce Megaman (don't hate me for that) I Mean he has a F**king Alien Head For a Hand How B****s is that? I still Support This Project Though cause I already Know Someone Who's Working on Starforce Megaman (Not naming names cause he's not on smashboards)

Smash Ace
Samll suggestion, sense you said you'd do other characters after Megaman, X, and Zero, what about Cutman? He's a classic character!
I told you guys to wait, i said i wanted there to be an element of surprise. Thats it, from now on if anyone asks me to make more characters, i will make sure they are not made.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
You can use the Cannon Spike (Dreamcast) model as a reference.
It's the best Megaman classic model I know.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Just my suggestion for a Mega Man B-Set.

Neutral:Buster. Can run and jump while charging. Can shoot 3 uncharged shots and 1 charged shot of any level. Uncharged shots do as much damage as a single Super-Scope shot. Second level charge should do about the damage of Tink's Bomb. Third charge should do as much damage as Samus's.(I was about to say a fully-charged shot from the Super-Scope, but that would just be broken.)

Side B:Metal Blade. Works like Ivysaur's Razor Leaf, or Link/Tink's Boomerang. He changes weapons, and in the time that you change weapons, you can edit it's trajectory. You can rapid-fire up to 2 shots from it.
[OR]
Tornado Hold. Mega Man shoots a small fan onto the ground. This fan blows people(and Mega Man) upwards. If shot offstage, it can actually save people.

Up B:Flight Adapter. Similar to Pit's up-B, if Mega Man gets hit out of it, he cannot use it until he either grabs the ledge or touches the ground. Hitting him will also knock him out of it.
[OR]
Rush Jet. On the ground, Rush appears, and Mega Man has free roam of the stage for a few seconds. Again, like Pit's Up B. Only cooler, cos' he's a robot.

Down B:Leaf Shield. A shield of Metallic leaves forms around him. He can move freely, but can do no other special moves while in the Leaf Shield. If hit, no matter how hard the hit, the Leaf Shield will protect him. If Down-B is pressed again, he will shoot it forward.

Other moves:
DSmash:Charge Kick-- A slide forward, similar to Falcon Kick. The difference is that it does not go as far, and it always goes the same distance, even if you hit someone.

Final Smash:Upgrade to X-- Mega Man jumps in the middle of the screen, lights flash, and armor pieces attach to him, making him into Mega Man X. He is stronger, and his Special moves are all much stronger. 5 uncharged Buster shots onscreen at once, and the ability to throw 2 charge shots at once by pressing b right after you fire the first. The second one can KO at really low %'s.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Just my suggestion for a Mega Man B-Set.

Neutral:Buster. Can run and jump while charging. Can shoot 3 uncharged shots and 1 charged shot of any level. Uncharged shots do as much damage as a single Super-Scope shot. Second level charge should do about the damage of Tink's Bomb. Third charge should do as much damage as Samus's.(I was about to say a fully-charged shot from the Super-Scope, but that would just be broken.)

Side B:Metal Blade. Works like Ivysaur's Razor Leaf, or Link/Tink's Boomerang. He changes weapons, and in the time that you change weapons, you can edit it's trajectory. You can rapid-fire up to 2 shots from it.
[OR]
Tornado Hold. Mega Man shoots a small fan onto the ground. This fan blows people(and Mega Man) upwards. If shot offstage, it can actually save people.

Up B:Flight Adapter. Similar to Pit's up-B, if Mega Man gets hit out of it, he cannot use it until he either grabs the ledge or touches the ground. Hitting him will also knock him out of it.
[OR]
Rush Jet. On the ground, Rush appears, and Mega Man has free roam of the stage for a few seconds. Again, like Pit's Up B. Only cooler, cos' he's a robot.

Down B:Leaf Shield. A shield of Metallic leaves forms around him. He can move freely, but can do no other special moves while in the Leaf Shield. If hit, no matter how hard the hit, the Leaf Shield will protect him. If Down-B is pressed again, he will shoot it forward.

Other moves:
DSmash:Charge Kick-- A slide forward, similar to Falcon Kick. The difference is that it does not go as far, and it always goes the same distance, even if you hit someone.

Final Smash:Upgrade to X-- Mega Man jumps in the middle of the screen, lights flash, and armor pieces attach to him, making him into Mega Man X. He is stronger, and his Special moves are all much stronger. 5 uncharged Buster shots onscreen at once, and the ability to throw 2 charge shots at once by pressing b right after you fire the first. The second one can KO at really low %'s.
leaf shield would be too good

Doval

Smash Lord
@Nihongo:
A full buster charge should be considerably weaker than Samus's Charge Shot.

That Leaf Shield implementation would be retardedly strong. Full Super Armor for 1 hit at will is simply a no go. A light amount of Heavy Armor (up to 6%, perhaps) and/or nullifying 1 minor projectile per leaf would be far more balanced.

I'd rather see Tornado Hold than Metal Blade and Flight Adapter than Rush Jet.

I also highly dislike the idea of "Upgrade to X" since it's not confirmed that X is an upgraded version of the original Mega Man, and it doesn't make any sense for him to revert back to classic Mega Man either. Any of his MvC2 supers are more than fitting enough for a Final Smash.

I also agree that Slide Kick should be the Dash Attack.

Doval

Smash Lord
What precisely is going to stop him from using the Super Armor to trade with you and beat you out? What precisely is, say, Ike supposed to do? Once you get him to a high %, how do you plan on killing him since most kill moves aren't multi-hit?

"Perma" Super Armor makes a ****load more sense in a game where you can cancel most attacks into another one.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Grab him perhaps? Edgehog him? Projectiles to kill the shield? Super Armor is susceptible to those.

Jabs to kill the shield? Invincible moves (shine, Marth up B, etc) to kill the shield? Kill moves arent the only way to have an opponent lose stocks.

If the move is coupled with a hefty-start up, you could easily take advantage of that. The reward of the move seems unbalanced when you only take that into consideration. When you start to add in other factors that drag down the move as a whole, such as hefty start up AND wind down or inability to use it in air, or helpless in air, etc etc, that balances it out.

There is more than one way to skin a :V.

And Super armor is still super armor. They still receive damage anyways, so its not a total loss to get beat out by super armor. (Wario Fsmash ffffff)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Full Super Armor for 1 hit at will is simply a no go.
I don't think this is possible in terms of PSA anyway. I don't know of any way to determine if the character is hit -- if someone knows a way, however, please tell me. It'd be incredibly useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom