• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Robocop (Congratulations to M2K/Hall/CAO/Tedeth and many more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Last time It just 1on1 no items...so I dunno. It was also used with wiimote :(

edit: and it's on lag machines ofc. :(

Ricky is that a new pokemon? It's looks soooo cool

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mew2King has arrived in Melbourne. My experience with him so far has been very pleasant. Very interesting character -- not everyday you see a prof. gamer speed run Mega Man 2 before Bwyan arrives.

He's currently with Jesse/Marteh/Buff/Bryan in the city -- Dorfs! If you guys are in the city today, you can meet us all for lunch and I could show you guys some choice drinking holes!

0466-352-145

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Nintendo Experience just released this information yesterday - I knew about the DQIX stuff for a week though.

So kiddies! Nintendo's hosting a Brawl tournament at EB Swanston this Friday at 3pm! Dodgeball will take a hit from this, and will be rescheduled to 1pm! Further changes to the Friday schedule will now be made, but all for the better!

http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=332&pageID=6

FRIDAY SCHEDULE:
1.00PM - DODGEBALL
3.00PM - NINTENDO EXPERIENCE BRAWL TOURNAMENT
6.00PM - DINNER MEET
8.00PM - BAR HOP

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Call/text me around 12pm!

Also, I can feel the hype again, reminiscent of last year. It's going to be an amazing week.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Update of this Friday's schedule for everyone! Be ON TIME PLEASE!

THE ROBOCOP PRE-PARTY - DAY ZERO INFORMATION

Day Zero (Friday) will feature a bevy of social events for Smashers to meet up and basically own this town for a day.

EVENT A: DODGEBALL (FRIDAY, 1.00PM)

Dodgeball: Meet at Flinders Street Station under the clocks at 1pm Friday. To avoid the abrupt disappointments of Dodgeball last year, we will have a FFA event, with the sole survivor winning a free pair of their very own designed Converse Chucks to fit, imported from Venice Beach, California! (Value excl. shipping @ $99)

You can submit any design to the guys from The Ave Venice, even all your favourite Smash characters!

EVENT A2: NINTENDO EXPERIENCE BRAWL TOURNAMENT, EB SWANSTON STREET (FRIDAY, 3PM)
http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=332&pageID=6

EVENT B: ROBOCOP DINNER PARTY (FRIDAY, 6PM)

Dinner: +39 Pizzeria & Degustation. We'll be heading here right after the Nintendo competition. It's moderately priced, about $20-$25 would be all that's needed for a good dinner with drinks (there are good vegetarian options here as well). I will need to gauge attendance for this in order to make an accurate reservation, so if you plan on coming along, give me some indication that you will be attending. In any case, I will make a provisional reservation for 20 people, but I will expand that if I get more confirmations from people.

EVENT C: ROBOCOP BAR HOPPING (FRIDAY, 8PM) -- OR,
EVENT D: VARIOUS SMASHFESTS TAKING PLACE THROUGHOUT THE CITY

After dinner you have two options. You're either:
EVENT C) Probably wanting to play some Smash -- there are planned Smashfests by various folks right after the dinner, or
EVENT D) Probably wanting to sample Melbourne's best known drinking institutions.

Redact will be hosting a Smashfest, but I will be acting as a guide to show visitors and drink/social-happy Smashers some of my favourite drinking holes (+18 only). The bar hopping tour will include the following bars, possibly more (all being free entry):

- The Melbourne Supper Club
- Berlin Bar
- The Croft Institute
- Section 8
- The Rooftop Cinema

This is likely to end at 10PM.

Sirias

Smash Champion
CLEVA TREVA! ^

I thought that Fantanoice was either a 12 year old boy or a 16 year old girl. XD
Just the NOICE part in the name was giving me doubts about my estimations.
Beep.

I'll come along to the dinner if I'm not busy with something else. =]

Wow, I want those chucks, though I've already gone through 3 pairs.
I need shoes more substantial.

Also I don't know where my brother works, but I'd like to see him (if he's working, apparently he cut a nerve in his hand, dunno how long he can't work for) later on on Friday if I don't see him any other day. =]

Vermy

Smash Champion
So. Much. Hype.

The butterflies in my stomach feel like they've drunk a six pack of Red Bull.

So, who's suiting up this weekend? =)
Like last year, I think we should have one day where we ALL suit up. =D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
So. Much. Hype.

The butterflies in my stomach feel like they've drunk a six pack of Red Bull.

So, who's suiting up this weekend? =)
Like last year, I think we should have one day where we ALL suit up. =D
all of us blazblue melb players are suiting on saturday, suit up that day

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Redact, in all of my Blaz Blue n00biness, would you be able to coach me at RC? xD
I use Hazama and Arakune.
i can coach you in theory but i cant tell you better combos with your characters since i dont play either of them

all of them are so boring now, ct was the bomb, i played like 5 characters in that game or more, cant remember

MTGod

Smash Champion
The three WA stooges (me Buff and Marty) will be attending the dinner on Friday, as well as the other events provided we can get our arses together to train it in on time XD

Sirias

Smash Champion
Clubbing bro, wtf is wrong with you.

Oh, yeah, the only suit I have is a woman's one. d:
The men's one is too big for me now (I don't understand why it's too big in the first place considering I was smaller when I was younger).
I'll still bring it, though, lul.
And da vest.

Edit:

Ah blargh I don't have any good shoes, though.
I'll have to buy some in Melbourne.

Rad

Smash Ace
The intelligent side of me booked bad tickets and I won't be in Melbourne till 7pm on Friday.

Regrettable. :(

S.D

Smash Master
Clubbing bro, wtf is wrong with you.

Oh, yeah, the only suit I have is a woman's one. d:
The men's one is too big for me now (I don't understand why it's too big in the first place considering I was smaller when I was younger).
I'll still bring it, though, lul.
And da vest.

Edit:

Ah blargh I don't have any good shoes, though.
I'll have to buy some in Melbourne.
I need to buy shoes too, not bringing a suit though too much hassle. Shopping then clubbing :)

S.D

Smash Master
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!
I'm freakin sick again.
IF I GO DOWN TO MELBOURNE
AND I'M STILL SICK
THAT'LL BE
TWICE
I'VE GONE DOWN
AND TWICE
I'VE BEEN SAVAGELY SICK
ARRRGHH!!!!!!

Edit:

I don't really wanna team with Dave OR Zac or any top player...
I wanna team with srs bznz people.
Like...
Whoever.
Someone.
Zzz.

I'll team with you, SD, for Brawl. :D
Yer mang.
I be da shiz.
Carried Hotscrubdogs once, yez bru.
KK I'll team with you Kas will be fun bruh

You can have him.
The guy was so ungrateful after my mother and I pretty much had to babysit the guy 24 ****ing hours a day since Thursday (all hours of the day having to do what he wants, get what he wants, clean up his mess he constantly makes), and after I accidentally kicked a glass of water on his controller (that if he prizes so much why did he leave it just anywhere?) goes through a psychotic episode for 10 ****ing hours which has me up all night trying to console the guy, saying I've ruined his life, etc etc

and now he's sending me constant messages telling me what to do again (omg you have to buy me several controllers from playasia right now so I can get them before robocop).

I wasn't planning on teaming with mew2king at all, he asked me and I said eh if you want too. If Ricky hadn't said to me not that long ago that he probably wasn't even going to participate in any tournaments at robocop (and I even asked Leisha/etcetc if he would be changing his mind and she didn't know) I would have said no to the guy.

But no amount of ****ing money is going to honestly compensate for the bull **** my family had to deal with. I'm sorry I ruined his god **** prized controller (Such a ****ing prized controller that he threw it on the ground on Sunday at the tournament whilst playing melee [said it was ****] and left it there and probably the only reason he got it back was because I spotted it), but a guy like him not even saying THANK YOU to me or my mother after LITERALLY BABY SITTING HIM FOR 6 DAYS I don't think I can feel sorry for any more.

I already have a massive migraine from this crap; I already have my issues with playing smash and finding it boring, but having people like you S.D; someone I considered a friend, saying this **** like I'm some sort of ****ing money hungry ******* just really ****ing insults me.

The guy came into australia:
- with no ****ing money (i've paid for everything hes done in australia thus far, and I've decided to not really take any of it back)
- forcing me to not even be able to see the two other americans coming here that I'm friends with because he "hates" one of them.
- no clean clothes
- nothing to stop him from being bored (so joyous occasion having to stay up with him until sunrise to make sure he isn't "bored")

ughhhhhhhhh.
I really like the guy, I know he has his issues that he can't help, but I am not appreciating the rest of the bull **** I'm seeing/hearing from people who don't have any idea of the situation at all. I shouldn't have to feel like I've murdered someone because of accidentally breaking a controller.
Shaya I realise you're upset about this which is fair enough, and I've already contacted you about it, but I didn't know the situation at hand, I just asked why I wasn't given the option of teaming with M2K based purely on the donation situation. Hosting the guy for a week is worth much more than what anyone donated anyway, so your more than entitled to team with him.

Also I never insinuated that you were any sort of money hungry jerk or anything like that for teaming with him, and I would never do so (I think a few other people may have but I wasn't among them). Sorry if you took it that way - but ima team with Kas anyway, haven't met M2K yet but sounds like he more trouble than he's worth anyway.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I'll be honest if M2K goes back to America complains about us and doesn't return, I won't care (America probably feels the same).

We rock up say hi to a wet fish handshake while he curls in a ball about the incident, then complains all he wants is sleep and brawl so we have to give up our sight seeing for him and pay stuff for him, he then refuses to leave the lan center we leave him to sleep, not to mention pretty much abusing me for having tap jump off.

So yeah Shaya I don't know how you managed for that long.

In other news, everyone else I've met today, Splice, Vyse, Cao, Scoot, Bryte, Nicks, Caol (I think), the dorfs, are all awesome guys =D

L0ki

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!

I've just received word that THQ are stepping up by providing us with a Playstation 3 console to give away at BAM2010!
I'm thinking at this point that the fairest way for us to give it away will be as a door prize, so anyone who attends BAM2010 will have a chance to win!

We had upwards of 150 pre-registrations this year, and given the trend of pre-reg to on-the-day sales last year, I'd expect us to hit attendance over 300 this year, it's going to be a huge event with basically all of Australia's best players there to duke it out.
Just 3 days left now, looking forward to seeing you all there! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom