• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ill put it into simple words because people still don't seem to get what Cao is trying to explain

you guys don't own n2c
you guys don't choose what happens and what doesn't happen at n2c
we all pay the same amount and have the same say in what gets put on the tvs
if we want to play melee, its not up to you guys if we play or not, its up to the people that own the tvs
the people that own the tvs are n2c

see what I'm getting at? you guys cant pick what happens and what doesn't happen

and last time i checked, if we play melee there, it doesn't stop you guys from playing brawl, it doesn't instantly make brawl less fun, the stuffs the exact same, so unless you have some actual allergy to like the plastic the gamecube is made out of or something, you should probably consider growing up a bit and thinking about others

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Alright well since it really doesnt bother me weather we have melee set up or not, just put 2 tvs with melee and brawl + like i said before, and two others on brawl. its seems fair enough imo

lets all just get along =)

we're still best friends yeh leisha? <3
O_O erm sure thing haha

xD

Toby.

Smash Master
Brawl+ at N2C?

NSW road trip GOGOGO

In NSW we talk about how cool and healthy your smash scene is. I doubt condog realised the implications of his decision. Maybe it would be best to put angry faces aside and get back to being healthy happy smashers...this really ain't your style.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I was just trying to get stuff organised early cos i like to know what im doing beforehand >_>

How about this for a compromise: we have 3 tvs for brawl, and the last tv can be brawl+ til about 9 or so when cao gets there, at which point everyone with be sick of brawl+ and ready to play melee.

So the brawl+ people are happy, the brawl people are happy, and the melee people who want to come are happy, and we can all stop shouting at each other :s

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
wow you really don't seem to get it

YOU DO NOT OWN THE TVS AT N2C

like why are you still trying to imply you do?
you organized this, so what? if it was your own house or your own tvs, yeah its fine man brawl all the way since you want it.

but unfortunately, you don't own n2c

people will just do what they want, you can't tell people what to play sorry.

ps: im not angry or having a cry, i just find it silly that people here seem to think that they own n2c

Toby.

Smash Master
It's pretty easy to switch one tv between melee, brawl+ and brawl. Takes like 2 minutes. Maybe the best stress saver is to just let people play whatever they want at any given time. Then everyone is happy all the time, providing they can be bothered switching between games.

Seems pretty simple to me?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
mmmm well, as i said before we'll decide what happens once everyone gets at the n2c meet. Its really not worth carrying on with this silly fight. so lets all chill out >=O

_X_

Smash Lord
Let's say I bring iceK and Devil.

And we bring a N64 and three controllers. And we don't want to play Brawl or Melee.

And we pay for use of the venue.

And we set up a T.V there.

Are you going to walk up to us and say 'get out, we're playing Brawl here'. I doubt it.

Vermy

Smash Champion
How about this.

Everybody bring your gear.
Everybody get to N2C.
Everybody play whatever Smash they f*cking well please.
Everybody love everybody.

C-dog, stop trying to control it. You're one of my closest mates, but youre being a little overpowering considering factors.

Cao, wow. ive never seen you post like that, its a totally different side of you, remind me never to piss you off ^_^; Condogs intentions were good, and id hate to see the two of you not getting along.

Boil it down to a misunderstanding and everybody stfu and get along with your lives. N2C this friday = SMASH IN GENERAL.

F*ckin' A people. Y'all need to be lovin'.
We have the best smash scene in Australia ya know. =)

Much better than NSW i hear =p

(changes subject to promote unity in bagging NSW)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
no x, especially since i hear you once beat mike tyson, chuck norris and jesus christ in a 1v3 (icek is the weakest of the three, he'd prob run if you just said something sternly to him)

it doesn't matter now brawlers, nobody wants to hear your compromises because there shouldn't have to be compromises, it's just a social gathering with video games, and nobody wanting to play melee or just play melee is going now anyway.

Splice

Smash Hero
@dekar

Condog asked people what they wanted and in the end that was what was most popular.
Its a meet that is being organised and its a brawl meet. Sure the people that want to play
Melee can come in and bring some Melee/Wiis/GCs and play on some TVs, but those people
want to play brawl and they pay the money to go and use those TVs. Its true it should be social
And welcome more smashers, but if only the brawl people bring Wiis to use than i think those people
have a right to decide what is played on their console.

@ Cao

I dont think you should have been so hostile towards Condog. Its not like he's a veteran, but for as long as he's been going to Tournaments he has contributed a lot and organised things like this, he simply said that out of the tvs that the brawl people were bringing wiis for, all of them would be for brawl, because thats what the people wanted (apologies if he didnt include you in people he asked, but if you were going to bring a bunch of friends should you not have told him earlier?) and im sure Condog would have been more than happy to let the Melee people play alongside them, if you either brought your own consoles or told him so many Melee'ers were coming. But yeah, I think Condog deserves more credit than you give him, he's trying to contribute to a community, even if it is mainly Brawl not Melee.

@Redact

Condog doesnt own the TVs, N2C does, true.
And lots of people want to use the TVs for 3 different things, so Condog has thought of a way
It can work out well for everyone. Since when should people get punished for trying to think of
ideas to help everyone get what they want? The way you say it sounds like no-one should get a say
'cept N2C who dont care what you play. Again, if the Melee people would contribute with the consoles...

Im not saying Condog made a perfect decision.
But he's trying to help, and at first didnt realise how interested the Melee'ers were.

EDIT: Like 20 posts happened in the time it took to type this >.<

And i agree with Vermys post.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Let's say I bring iceK and Devil.

And we bring a N64 and three controllers. And we don't want to play Brawl or Melee.

And we pay for use of the venue.

And we set up a T.V there.

Are you going to walk up to us and say 'get out, we're playing Brawl here'. I doubt it.
N64?
No brawl or melee?
Multiplayer, ZOMG why did no one think of this before :laugh:.

Vermy is spot on, stop with the hating and chill together. We have one of the tightest scenes so stop hating

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Wow when did the scene get so petty?
I miss the old days of smash :(

Edit: I thought the melee kids were going to forte's anyway?

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
I dont get it.

Why are people overreacting about Condog trying to be organised so the night will run more smoothly?
I mean fair enough if you want to play Melee then go for it.
But seriously condog is only trying to do the right thing by organising things. I mean someone has to do it.
I completely understand if you guys want to play melee but i think the reason Condog is trying to organise TVs is to try to bring people together to play the same game for once. i mean where were all the Melee players at stigma-b? we miss you all :(.

lol dont hate on Condog hes the reason there is a meet on friday in the first place.

EDIT: Completely agree with Splice :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
try to understand my terrible metaphor and point.

it's not about the lack of melee, it's about trying to make it so that all the tables at crown are poker only, and also assuming that nobody else will be playing poker when you get there.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
man splice im not trying to be aggressive here, but your post is so mis-informed its silly

@dekar

Condog asked people what they wanted and in the end that was what was most popular.
he didn't ask me, or dekar, or atticus, or cao, dont think he asked quite a few more people, he just asked his brawl buddies who obviously were going to say they were playing brawl

Its a meet that is being organised and its a brawl meet. Sure the people that want to play
Melee can come in and bring some Melee/Wiis/GCs and play on some TVs, but those people
want to play brawl and they pay the money to go and use those TVs.
because us melee people totally don't pay to get into n2c aswell

Its true it should be social
And welcome more smashers, but if only the brawl people bring Wiis to use than i think those people
have a right to decide what is played on their console.
didn't i already say i was bringing my cube?

@ Cao

I dont think you should have been so hostile towards Condog. Its not like he's a veteran, but for as long as he's been going to Tournaments he has contributed a lot and organised things like this, he simply said that out of the tvs that the brawl people were bringing wiis for, all of them would be for brawl, because thats what the people wanted (apologies if he didnt include you in people he asked, but if you were going to bring a bunch of friends should you not have told him earlier?) and im sure Condog would have been more than happy to let the Melee people play alongside them, if you either brought your own consoles or told him so many Melee'ers were coming. But yeah, I think Condog deserves more credit than you give him, he's trying to contribute to a community, even if it is mainly Brawl not Melee.
and condog is STILL trying to tell us what to do, turns out we are going to be happy with brawl+ instead of melee yeah?

wait sorry i don't like brawl plus, but uhh condog is making the decisions so i have to go with it

@Redact

Condog doesnt own the TVs, N2C does, true.
And lots of people want to use the TVs for 3 different things, so Condog has thought of a way
It can work out well for everyone.
no his way doesn't work man, i want to play melee and brawl, but brawl+ isn't actually melee sorry

Since when should people get punished for trying to think of
ideas to help everyone get what they want? The way you say it sounds like no-one should get a say
well by condogs practice, the brawl guys get a say, but unfortunately us melee guys get nothing, to bad hey?

'cept N2C who dont care what you play. Again, if the Melee people would contribute with the consoles...

Im not saying Condog made a perfect decision.
But he's trying to help, and at first didnt realise how interested the Melee'ers were.

EDIT: Like 20 posts happened in the time it took to type this >.<

And i agree with Vermys post.
you guys realize that you dont actually have to clarify specifically what each tv is going to have or so on, stop trying to do that, you guys just need to have the mentality of

"HEY MAN IM GOING TO PLAY SMASH THIS FRIDAY AT N2C"

see what i did there? i didnt go "man its going to be ONLY BRAWL, NOTHING ELSE" because people can just play what they want, NO ONE HAS TO MAKE A DECISION OF WHO IS GOING TO PLAY WHAT so stop trying to make that decision in any form

all i want to do is play melee, i dont care if its 1 or 2000 tvs, i just want to play the game, and i want to play brawl too, i dont want people to choose what im going to play, i want to choose what to play myself

earla

Smash Lord
ladddieeessss... must be that time of the month.

it's a brawl meet thats that. 15 possible peeps confirmed mainly to play brawl. need the tv's to run that smoothly. if u don't like it don't come.

dekz im buyin melee btw hahaha

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if there's 15 people going, a maximum potential of 4 tvs and they all want to play heaps of brawl, then clearly having the meet at a public venue (which costs money by the hour) is a bad idea.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Again im pretty sure condog was under the impression that anyone who wanted to play melee this friday was going to forte's so they didnt need a tv at N2C...

Now stop it all of you, Dont make me come down there!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i think i will boycott this friday, just because of the reaction from the boards. i quite frankly want nothing to do with any of it.

calm the freak down.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Redact man, chill out.
We just sorted this sh*t out.

you come to n2c, and you play whatever you feel like, k?

people we don't need more fan to the flames.

SO CALM THE F*CK DOWN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spFY1I2NQ

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!

crap on a stick, this is being taken waaaay out of proportion.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
calm down? I'm certainly not angry, this is all very interesting and at times hilarious.
theres alot of people that want to play brawl that have already signed up to go.
signed up? how do people... think like this?! it's n2c!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
its fine man, there was no aggression (from me at least lol) to begin with, if you think there was any, that was just your incorrect guess

i just find it funny how people like condog or so on, just have no idea and just post totally incorrect things, so its easy to poke fun and prove them wrong C:

Splice

Smash Hero
man splice im not trying to be aggressive here, but your post is so mis-informed its silly

I said you were being aggressive? Well, you are being hostile to condog.
he didn't ask me, or dekar, or atticus, or cao, dont think he asked quite a few more people, he just asked his brawl buddies who obviously were going to say they were playing brawl

I addressed that below. Im not saying he executed this perfectly, but he's trying to help and is taking suggestions, which you are dismissing.

because us melee people totally don't pay to get into n2c aswell

Umm, if you pay, that doesnt mean you can use the consoles of the other people who paid for whatever you want.

didn't i already say i was bringing my cube?

Great! so whats your problem? Go play melee.

and condog is STILL trying to tell us what to do, turns out we are going to be happy with brawl+ instead of melee yeah?

No he's not, he's trying to make a decision that will make everyone happy. He doesnt have to let you play melee later on that night, but he's going to.

wait sorry i don't like brawl plus, but uhh condog is making the decisions so i have to go with it

Well his wii has Brawl +, so umm yeah Condog can do whatever he wants with his wii.

no his way doesn't work man, i want to play melee and brawl, but brawl+ isn't actually melee sorry

Well, then play Melee on your GC that you are bringing! This meet is still a brawl meet. Are some SF4 players gonna come in and tell us smash isnt SF4? coz that means nothing, and same applies with Melee. your hosting a Melee meet, Condogs having a brawl one (which still has melee later on coz he's so kind)

well by condogs practice, the brawl guys get a say, but unfortunately us melee guys get nothing, to bad hey?

Hey, AT YOUR MELEE MEET LETS ALL PLAY BRAWL!!! I want to do that, and so i think we should do it. Oh what? It's a Melee meet. Ok then. And yeah, its N2C he doesnt own it. But they own the wiis, and you dont. They're paying for the TVs. How bout you pay for your own and set up that nifty GC you got there, hey?

Everything else you said is easily answered, by the fact you can play melee at N2C, you just cant use other peoples consoles to do it, get your own, you have your own, stop whining.
Sorry i did this the unproffesional way. Why do arguments have to be so late? I dont have time, need sleep.

EDIT: again the amount of time i take to type makes the timing of this annoying. ah well.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
did you guys know i have an older brother that plays sf4 competitively

splice: it's very clear you have never been to n2c, don't understand how it works and have no idea what the argument is even about(consoles etc? wtf?), please do not post on the subject any more.

Vermy

Smash Champion
did you guys know i have an older brother that plays sf4 competitively
no Dekar, i did not know that. That was a very valuable piece of information. =D

Did you know i play SF3 and SF4 almost as much as i play Smash?

and did you also know that Jei is gonna be PIIIIIISSSSSED when he realises he has about 12 pages to read just to catch up lololol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
went to america and won $4000 in some texas tournament... sure i told you guys this before

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
dekars got it in the bag man, you haven't been to n2c before and have no idea how it works

its as i said earlier

people like you who post when they have no idea are easy to poke fun out of and prove wrong :)

Vermy

Smash Champion
man, i really wish Cao would come in here and tell people to drop this. Its getting out of hand.

on a COMPLETELY UNRELATED TOPIC,
How did people want Low tier tourneys to go from now on? It was the bottom half of the list last time.
Coincidentally, the exact same characters on the bottom half of the last list are on the bottom half of THIS list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom