• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Hello everyone :)
long time no post

2 weeks till the next tournament, I hope having it on a Saturday won't ruin too many people's plans.
We gain entrance to the Rosina at 12pm so I'm hoping to kick this thing off at 1pm on the dot. That wipes off only 2 hours off our normal schedule so we should be able to complete everything on time.

Maybe if we are running faster than usual (less people turn up, no friendlies are played, start singles when tv's are finally free from doubles) we can have a small crew battle or something similar...just maybe.

A few suggestions as to how we can help this run more smoothly would be appreciated and how about a little feedback, what did everyone think of having the vital rules and information on a sheet of paper next to each tv?
Also what would you liked changed from the tournaments?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
The rules next to the tvs was very useful =D I would like no metaknights!!! XD jk earl... =P

If no friendlies are played, and every tv is being used all the time for a game, everything should run smoother.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@Condog: spot on. Still not banning MK.
But I will be considering the no 2 MK's, no 2 Snakes and no MK + Snake combo rule in doubles. lol Earl.

@Earl: I agree, Vermy's music while playing Smash was just great. Even Miley Cyrus ololol.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yes vermy must bring tunes. But no altas ****ing with the speakers this time >_>

@jei: i dont think the double mk is gonna be a problem atm. only earl and nicks are doing it, but even that wont be for every match, since they both have 2 or 3 chracters they can use too. its only gonna become a problem if everyone decides to do it. which would be stupid, cos you cant just go mk and suddenly become super awesome at brawl XDXDXD

if your gonna ban any team combo, ban snake/diddy =D

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to the coming Sat. I need Stock matches and proper rules after going to the Bendigo Tournament. Also, I need to kick a certain 4 people's butts for not showing up to said Bendigo Tourny. And maybe get Cao a present for his voucher, with his voucher.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
we are not listening to altas' music. i will break the speakers if necessary.

i seriously would consider changing the counter pick rules to the system adelaide use, cause our current system makes no sense and can be abused. although i think shaya was the only one who did this though... we should change it just in case.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Really?
Y'all actually liked my ******** mixture of German Death Metal, Acoustic Alternative, Industrial and Pop?

Okhay. I shall bring.
Who's stereo was that last time? I can't bring my 5.1 system from my pc, but id prefer if I didn't have to lol.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone :)
long time no post

2 weeks till the next tournament, I hope having it on a Saturday won't ruin too many people's plans.
We gain entrance to the Rosina at 12pm so I'm hoping to kick this thing off at 1pm on the dot. That wipes off only 2 hours off our normal schedule so we should be able to complete everything on time.

Maybe if we are running faster than usual (less people turn up, no friendlies are played, start singles when tv's are finally free from doubles) we can have a small crew battle or something similar...just maybe.

A few suggestions as to how we can help this run more smoothly would be appreciated and how about a little feedback, what did everyone think of having the vital rules and information on a sheet of paper next to each tv?
Also what would you liked changed from the tournaments?
Hopefully, I'm not working. If I am, you can still borrow my televisions.

Now stop existing, forums, I'm meant to be writing about percieved racism and class struggles symbolised in King Kong. Pro tip - **** ALL was symbolised by King Kong, but that doesn't stop people from trying to see something.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Looking forward to the coming Sat. I need Stock matches and proper rules after going to the Bendigo Tournament. Also, I need to kick a certain 4 people's butts for not showing up to said Bendigo Tourny. And maybe get Cao a present for his voucher, with his voucher.
hangon tanman dont spend it just yet!
if i give you mine aswell will that be enough for a TV at Cash Converters? So you can bring it to Stigma next time =)

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Actually, you raise a fair point, Tibs. Might Pester Edge for his if we can see a TV that's cheap enough. That way, everybody wins.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Not sure how I'm going to go this monthly, I havn't been able to play Brawl for so long because of all the homework I've had for the last month. I hope I go ok:ohwell:

Congratulations on winning the DSi I was tipping you to win it.

Also, it would be a good idea to buy a few Tv's , the more we have the quicker the tournament will run.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Check the first post dude the schedule is clear for all to see.
Singles should finish by 9pm.

Also I went ahead and paid for the venue today during my day off...alone (X is a very lazy person >_>) and while I was there I booked next month's date.
It will be June 28th, a Sunday thank Christ. Schedule will return to normal.

Love.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
current system: stages are banned first, then a stage is chosen, the player who won the previous round chooses a character, then so does the other person.

what it should be: winner chooses a character, loser chooses a character, a stage is banned, a stage is choosen.

why this is the case: the current rules mean that the banned stage will often have nothing to do with the characters chosen (if the player is good with multiple characters). this will often lead to the loser using his best character on his best stage, which is too much of an advantage in competitive play. using adelaide's system, the stage can never be a characters best stage, keeping the advantage small and fair (pun intended).

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a much better way for counterpicking. But Majority of Melbourne stick to thier character anyway, Earl is really the only one I know who will pick a character based on what stage was chosen.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
current system: stages are banned first, then a stage is chosen, the player who won the previous round chooses a character, then so does the other person.

what it should be: winner chooses a character, loser chooses a character, a stage is banned, a stage is choosen.

why this is the case: the current rules mean that the banned stage will often have nothing to do with the characters chosen (if the player is good with multiple characters). this will often lead to the loser using his best character on his best stage, which is too much of an advantage in competitive play. using adelaide's system, the stage can never be a characters best stage, keeping the advantage small and fair (pun intended).
But the current system works aswell, Just say I lose to a Fox and the Fox is thinking of changing character. I pick Corneria and they stay as Fox. Then I surprise them with say a snake on corneria and destroy them.

Afropony

Smash Lord
But the current system works aswell, Just say I lose to a Fox and the Fox is thinking of changing character. I pick Corneria and they stay as Fox. Then I surprise them with say a snake on corneria and destroy them.
I was told by Splice who was apparently told by Jei that Corneria is banned.

I don't mind the system right now, I would rather the other one but I don't think it's going to affect me that much seeing as though most of my counterpicks are because I like the stage, And well trained on it.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
fine, but if anyone beats my snake, bans bf or smashville, im choosing japes and falco. sound fair?
..why would you not just choose the stage the person doesnt ban? O_o

And if someone manages to beat your snake, what makes you think a character you dont play would stand a better chance? (unless im wrong and you do at least second falco, which to my knowledge is not the case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom