• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
*Looks away*

Massive fail there, Dean. Massive fail. =P

Jaz, those pics are really awesome. They need to be used to a fuller extent next interstate crew battle =].

Jaz

Smash Ace
Dankoo Fblaze <3

man i can't use that heart without twitching, Jaz love is so rare XD
That's one wieeeeerd lookin yoshi up there.
i've sat here for like 3 minutes trying to figure out what that means :p
fierce oni has nothing to do with yoshi... w..t OH!
It's the australian crew man, it had to be a boxing kangaroo :p
but if people think i should change it for a yoshi... tell mez and i'll do it

hey mic is there any way i can get like a higher post count or something, having two numbers feels.... dirty

Jaz

Smash Ace
lol, have you tried posting ????

usually works.
my account that got screwed up before this one had 600 examples of why i shouldn't bother, i was asking Mic if there was a way to transfer them
thankyou for your intelligent contribution, who knew thats how you get a post count up.
i mean wow, i was so sure there was some other way to rank up a post count, but lucky for me you're here to show me the way through your infinite wisdom.
what would i do without a sick nino, i'm suprised you know how a post count works with 25 posts is it?
Mic please hurry i feel dirtier, maybe you could swap Fierce oni's post count with mine, than these guys can relate to each other and i can be freed of bad humour T_T

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
thankyou for your intelligent contribution, who knew thats how you get a post count up.
i mean wow, i was so sure there was some other way to rank up a post count, but lucky for me you're here to show me the way through your infinite wisdom.
what would i do without a sick nino, i'm suprised you know how a post count works with 25 posts is it?

My GOD, it's off the charts!

But seriously, I'd sugest posting in the PRoom, it's usually filled with junk that you could make quick replies or comments to, same with the char specif rooms.

Though I have said nothing if anyone asks. Spy--->:cool:

Jaz

Smash Ace
My GOD, it's off the charts!
But seriously, I'd sugest posting in the PRoom, it's usually filled with junk that you could make quick replies or comments to, same with the char specif rooms.

Though I have said nothing if anyone asks. Spy--->:cool:
the ninja in the ranks XD
nah dun worry, if theres no lazy will, than theres no lazy way T_T
lol that scene in the simpsons is awesome

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Love your work Jaz-man. Thanks for that, I think I'll make a Mii of you for your contributions.

ill nino

Smash Rookie
my account that got screwed up before this one had 600 examples of why i shouldn't bother, i was asking Mic if there was a way to transfer them
Mic please hurry i feel dirtier, maybe you could swap Fierce oni's post count with mine, than these guys can relate to each other and i can be freed of bad humour T_T

haha yeh......

but ..you care about a post count... posts aint everything buddy..

KoopaFTW

Smash Rookie
hey guys im totally new to this forum, is there much of a smash community based around the sydney / wollongong area?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
There's Jaz, funkyseefunkydo, linkapprentice and more people in the Sydney area. Just contact Jaz and he'll tell you everything cause he's secksehhh.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Time for my shoutouts.

First and foremost -

CATS and his family: Thankyou so much for housing us, giving us free tea/coffee, letting us watch animes, driving us places and just generally being really good to us. You guys rock!

CATS specifically: You've definitely improved from last time I faced you, and I'd like to think that you improved while I was there too. Your low tiers are very good, it's just a pity that they suck compared to Yoshi ^_^. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for everything during our trip.

Cao: There's such a huge difference between before you went to America and after in terms of your skill. I love facing other skilled smashers, and you've by far proven yourself as one of the best Aus smashers if not the best. You're also awesome fun to hang around, a superb tournament host and a fantastic guy all around. <3 Can't wait to see you again.

Shaz: There's heaps I have to thank you for. Everything from picking us up from the train station when we first arrived to getting jiggy with it with me and Sloth at Gloth's. Smash skill wise you're one of the most challenging players I have faced, and it's been like that since you came to Perth. I still consider you my superior in smash, even if I knocked you out of the tournament. You're too much fun to hang around, and I'm glad we spent as much time as we did together. Thanks again for everything.

Sloth: OMG NO JUMBO CHIPS. I think you lucked out against Tris. Obviously he's better at Samus dittos than he let you know earlier. Still, good job taking out Shaz and grats on your placing. I also loved the gay bravado you had when in bed, but you were still obviously uncomfortable when I put my arm around you. Too cuuuuuuuuute. ^_^ Thanks for coming man, smash tournaments wouldn't be the same without the good old Sloth charm.

Jaz: It was great to see you again, even if we barely got to talk. You've improved a lot from what I remember, and your Falcon's confidence is astounding. Good job on taking off, what was it? 8 stock? Everyone was impressed by your performance. As we strategised beforehand, we wanted you to powerhouse your way through their weaker players, and that's what you did. Great job in crews, and grats on doing so well in teams/singles also. Jaz is not only Sydney's best smasher, but easily up there with the rest of Australia.

Syke: You almost had me in singles! >_<. I was so ridiculously lucky to get 2 gimp kills with the d-tilt on our last match, or I may not have even made it up to Cao in the finals x_x. Your Marth is very smart and has a strong game. Once you work on your tipper set ups a little more, you'll be the next Ek/Makenshi/Korius/Ken. You're also a great person (at least from what I've seen) and it was good to finally meet you.

Tris: Grats on your placing man. 3rd place in your first Aus wide tournament is a sexy achievement. You played very well throughout the tournament, and I was thoroughly impressed with your Samus. Bad luck for losing against me in singles and teams =P. Keep it up!

Radiance: Your Marth really surprised me. When I watched you play before the tournament, I noticed you had a very simple play style. Yet, I was very impressed by the efficiency with which that play style was used. I think it would benefit your game becoming more versatile, but I really didn't play against you enough to make an authoratitive decision in that regard. At any rate, you were impressive.

King Kong: Why'd you go DK against me in the tournament? I'm sorry for 4 stocking you, you are definitely better than that, and just lucked out in the matchup. It was really good seeing you again. Also, don't listen too much to what Shaz said about your playstyle. Abuse your downsmash if you're not getting punished for it all you want. He's right that good players will learn to abuse you for using it too much, but you should learn by yourself when to use it and when not to. Learning by yourself helps much more than just being told. I can't wait to see you again dude, and good luck for taking the Qld scene by storm ^_^

Ben: You've improved heaps also, I'm impressed. We didn't talk much aside from crew strategising, but I enjoyed it when we did. Keep up the good work!

Toai: Again, we didn't talk much, but I could see you have improved. It's always awesome seeing familiar faces at tournaments. Hopefully next tournament we can catch up for longer!

GTR: Duuuuude wtf @ n2c not having official wc3! I was looking forward to playing Dota next to you and pooning some pubz. You're also good at smash too! Hard luck against Niven, I'm sure you could've beaten him if you hadn't SD'd. I'm happy I've finally met you though, and now you definitely know that I'm not asian =D

Gloth: You beast, thanks for hosting that afterparty and the meet on Saturday. It was awesome to see you again, both at the tournament and in your natural environment. You're too cool, and hella funny. You're also still really good at smash, even though you haven't played the whole time you were in Qld.

Joe: I was tempted to not mention you, and leave you as part of the 'CATS and family'. It was cool seeing you pretty much every day, you're a fun guy to hang around with. Unlucky against Jaz in crews, I'm sure if you'd been matched up against someone else you would've performed much better. I realise now that I haven't actually seen your house yet, I'll make sure to pop around next time I'm staying at CATS' place.

Zax: You're the driving man! If it wasn't for you, I couldn't have turned up at the tournament and won money =D. You're definitely a fun guy to hang around, albeit loud =P. I liked watching you abuse people in WoW, those 2000 frostbolt crits were just ridiculous. Thanks for coming to the tournament, just to drive us, even though you were not going to participate. Too good!

Freddo: Oops, almost forgot you! Your Fox is scary. It has an amazing technical game, and a fantastic approach game. The only part of your game that really needs working on is your defensive game (eg DIing out of combos, teching in more ways than just on the spot, wall teching edgeguarding moves etc). Thanks for helping co-host the tournament as well, and organise heaps of TV's and cubes etc. Without you the event wouldn't have been the same.

To everyone else: I guess we didn't talk long enough or play long enough for me to be able to say more than a couple of lines for you, and there's quite a few people like that! You all made a valuable contribution to the tournament and the surrounding events, and I was glad to see you all! Again, thanks for coming and giving me more money =D

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Awhhh we woulda four stocked the pub Bringer :( BoredAussie my ***.

You're just a Twinkie. No white guy can be that good with a Yoshi.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
First post mostly cleared and updated with mention of the next tournament. Results and Video links are also the first post.

Cheers folks.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
I think we should start looking for a venue asap so that we dont wait to the last minute and pressure some poor noob to host it at his house, and so we have more time to look around and try all possible places and houses to find the very best venue for COMRADES 2!!! end post.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
am i too late for my shoutouts? this'll probably be short...

CAO - i'm pretty certain that you are the most vital part of the smash scene in victoria. i cant imagine how bad comrads would have been if you didnt help organizing it... wait, thats right. it probably wouldnt have happened. thanks alot for everything you are doing.

Dohei - i gotta thank you for helping so much. you are helping alot. cant wait to see you again...

CATS - you are pretty cool... umm... yeah, i cant remember... you're awsome though... you give pretty good advice to

SHAZ - you're still the coolest smasher that i know

GTR - eh... you knocked me out of singles AND doubles :mad: well, i guess i wouldnt have stood much of a chance against you either way... cant wait to play you again.

Syke - you are unbelievably good. i auctually underestimated you the first time i saw you... well, you are one of the best smashers i've seen...

Tris - i didnt really get to communicate with you at the tourney... you got 3rd though. you're awsome. i didnt believe that you were that good until i auctually saw you

Snes - ehhh... it was extremely fun to team with you. it would have been awsome if we got further but... maybe next time.

oni - you idiot! you could have done better if you auctually trained before the tourney but noooo! you had to waste your day being useless and doing non-smash related things! well, theres always next time...

ehhh... yeah... prepare to meet an all new improved F_o at comrades 2! bahahahahahahaha!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I guess I should write some meaningful shouts since everyone else is and I have time : )

Caotique!: Thanks for hosting another cool tourney. It was good fun, and I hope you enjoyed yourself too. thanks for having faith in me for crew captain too...it was an honour to work with you guys :) Hope all the helpers didn't let you down! Boozer is cuuute!

Dohei: Thanks for the crib dawg! Haha, no really thanks for having the bunch around. I know it's a pain, and cleaning is never fun. Hope all the work myself and others done to keep things in order was enough to help you see we do appreciate your hospitality. We can always do more though :). I'm glad you were happy I used you in crews. Hope you've learned a lot from the whole thing. Cheers.

BURG!: You are a sexy green man despite being white. Its really nice to see you and your hard work getting recognised the way I've recognised you. I'm really glad you done well against the rest of Australia this time around - you clearly wanted it more this time than before. I was really curious about how well you'd go against Sloth, Freddo and KO this tournament. All I can say is that you've lived up to my expectations and I'm happy it's payed/paid (never got that) off :) As for best in Australia title - I don't mind you coming first in the tourney but any talk of others being better makes me jealous SOOOOO step the hell back b**ch that shiz are mihne! But don't stress - if you get legitimately better than me I'll let you know ;) Oh I'm so painful a person to know : D

Niven: Thanks for coming all this way to get ***** by hacks who tell you what to do like me lol. You're quite the player, and I look forward to seeing your game develop as much as your technical game has. When that happens you'll be a great opponent. Keep working hard bud!

Cats: You are a clear leader of *******s. I've never known anyone to be as good of a ******* as you. Luigi and Pika really appreciate your taking time to play with them since all the other kids at school hang around the popular kids like Fox and Sheik. You gave Sloth a hiding for me after I got solidly ***** by Nana, Popo and Phantasm in the crews. Thanks for hosting Ryan and Niven - though I'm sure you enjoyed their manliness very much.

Sloth: You dang tasmanian! So typical of you to use the only character selection with two heads! Thanks for making the effort, and thanks for putting me in my place, it was a humbling experience to say the least :). You're all talk when it comes to gayness I've been told - backing away when push comes to shove lol. All the same you're a blast to have around. Y'all come back now ya hear!

KK: Bringing your little band of merry men was the coolest thing to hit the national scene in a while. Most people took you guys for granted - and payed the price. Not me though - I took you all for granted except I know I'm too good to lose to you lot anyway ; ). Seriously though, you've drastically improved, and your DK is a sexy manchild. It still has a long ways to go before it compares to CJs and Hoshinos though - so keep striving! Sheik was also a surprise. Unexpectedly it was enough to stop everyone's Sheik I thought would stop it. You'd probably have the best Sheik around in terms of ditto - though I'm not sure what happened against Ryans if it even did - anyway, you're unlucky I learnt Sheik over the week ending the night of the tourney because mine is better : P (Boast at all ports - it's the way of the sexy pirate man!) Don't listen to Ryan - go without dsmash for a while until you see where it would be needed. Trust me it's much easier to evaluate than it is to breed bad habits and try to rewrite the book. No offense Ryan : )

Gloth: The other QLD drongo I've slept with. I'm glad you managed to make it with all thats been going on for ya lately. It would have been nice to have you in our crew rather than the side lines but all the same it's your choice and I respect it. Tough tittsies in teams some buggers took you out I heard : ) Thanks for having us all around at your place blowing in eachothers faces and whatnot.

Adam: Sorry I didn't have you in the crew. It's not that you weren't up to it. I think you'd actually do well under the pressure. We already had Falcos as I explained at the time. Keep working hard and become a good representation of BOIS and bakers delight!

Mark...Mark...MARK!: Thanks for teaming with me it was a good experience. We done a lot better this time around than we ever have done teaming together in the past. I don't regret where we went out it was a suitable end. You need to work on controlling yourself under pressure. Many people agree you're an awesome player and have a lot of potential and uniqueness about you. Hope to have you on-side for the crews at the next tourney : )

Mikul On Ice you fhag!: Thanks for coming along. Tough luck getting put out by DC again.....Don't worry, I've lost to Emily many a time in the past, and it's good fun : D lol. Thanks for doing your best in the crews....maybe too well it went to your head lol. Hope you plan to work hard and do even better next time : )

Tristan: You placed really well, and your Samus is a good mover and shaker. I've spoken to you about where you need work, and I hope you take it to heart and make the transition to the kind of player we'd expect to see in the finals. You done well with your brother in teams, and done well as a whole in singles. I hope you enjoyed your trip here, and also hope you enjoyed the scene enough to make the trip back for the next one : )

Radiance: Your Marth is nice my friend. Needs some work in some areas, but I think you'll discover them with time and practise. Well done in teams with your bro you're a good combo. Thanks for taking a lot of his charge shots for me btw...I owe ya one ; ). Same as above, I hope you enjoyed it all and come back. It'd be a pleasure to have your company again.

Oni: Sorry I snapped at you at the tournament. I was having a hard time coping with some things - hope you didn't take it too personally. Otherwise, you need some real work on your game. I'd be happy to give you some lessons but you'll have to be open to the advice. Thanks for making the effort, and I hope you keep it up. Thanks also for the compliment : )

Snes: Work on your speed. It's important to be able to at least have speed roughly in the realm of your opponent to use as an option. Playing slow is good, but it's obvious if you do it all the time....especially if you don't have the reading ability to support it. Thanks for coming, and I hope to see you again at the triweeklies.

TM: You're a pathetic player - it's not a secret. I think it's pretty clear you're a fan fave in the scene. Unfortunately it seems you're nearly as charismatic as me.....and nearly as sexually desirable to these guys too.....So I'm really pretty lucky you're, as I stated earlier, a pathetic player : D Lame jokes aside, I'm happy you make the effort to swing by from time to time. It's a nice thing to have people who're more spectators than players as it breaks the mood enough to keep it cool. I'm sure we all appreciate the photography you've done for us also : ) Happy people are always welcome and you're all smiles : )

Syrick: Thanks for making the effort. I didn't get the chance to show you much attention sorry. I'm sure you see how busy I get trying to see and vs and boast to everyone. No too sure how well you done in general but I'm sure you enjoyed the experience. Work on those things we've talked about and come back next time with more fire and grab some more glory my friend : )

DC: Stop beating Mikul - he cries when you do : P Lol, nah thanks a lot for coming along. I know you don't think smash is the greatest fun so it's a compliment to us all that you'd make the effort to come by and spend the time with us all. Shamefully I didn't ahve ANY time to entertain you with Falcon antics and I'm really very sorry since I know it gives you wet dreams. Perhaps next time..and if we're lucky Jon will be less lazy and join in. Pass on my thanks and good wishes to Jules and Yvette too please : )

Zax and Joe: You guys are baaastards. You especially this time around Zax lol. It's all over now, and I'm glad you toned it down after I flew off the handle. Sorry I lost it but there's been a lot of pressure on me lately from all over the place not just the smash scene. There really isn't an excuse though. Thanks for coming and thanks also for the use of your taxi ability.

Freddo: You're way down the list coz you never said bye to me after the tourney! AND you left Adam and I to drive everyone too and from the station more times than we should have needed to coz you buzzed off :p Oh well, I'll get over it. Thanks for coming and more importantly thanks for helping everyone get organised and at the right place at the right time. Thanks for your help in the crews it was cool. Tough luck losing out to Tristan despite beating him earlier. More experience will see you control that kind of situation better and you'll do fine. See you at the triweeklies mate : )

Other QLD guys I didnt face: Thanks for making the effort in travel AND in smash. You guys are a good example of how a community should be, and rather manly also. Sorry I didn't really get to play many of you or speak to you much...but it was rather hectic as you'd know. Hope you come back for the next one :) I might try to make a stop off in Brissy on my through to Townsville one tie this year as I'll be going there a few times. Hopefully we can get some smashing done in your nexk of the woods too this way :) Keep it up!

SADave: Thanks for popping by, and I hope you enjoyed yourself and the "view" at Sams place ; ) ; ). I didn't get much time with you this time around either...I really sucked lol sorry. I hope to see you again soon. Kick Oliver + crews butts for me and come back WITH them next time : )

Sam: Thanks for everything Sam you're a champ. You always get byes which sucks but oh well. Cheers for hosting the guys it was a great help. Hope to see you again soon and maybe you can own up Em next she comes along lol. Oh and thanks for the ownage you done in crews it helped a lot :)

Jaz: Thanks for coming along and ****** up the weaker section of my crew ya bum! Haha I'm glad you came along, though sad I didn't get to see much of you or play you either. Hope everyone else took care of you and made you feel welcome and happy. You're always welcome back, and I hope you take that offer up. Take care and keep up the good work : )

I seriously can't go on anymore tonight! I'll look at it tomorrow and see who's not there.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Sloth:

Sorry for missing out on you in my shoutouts. Its always a pleasure to hang out and smash with you man and you always manage to stay a couple of notches above me no matter how much i improve. I'll bear in mind what you said about my sheik too, i know my tech-chasing has gone downhill :)

peace out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Aww a separate post for Slothywothy, how cute <3

I probably played the least in Melbourne, but as Josh said, be more assertive! Yayyyy

NG7

Smash Lord
Wasnt able to come to the last one (turns out my friend couldnt take me at the last minute) so I'm happy theres another one not too far away.
Darn i was lookin forward to seeing you there as well.

The whole time i was goin to SA Dave "Dude i swear there's a ganon player in SA who said he'd come. Where the heck is he!??!" :psycho:

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Haha, oh boy. I just mentioned this to a few guys from my crew and they were as unenthusiastic as ever. Despite being ready to mouth off to me when I caught up with them the day after the meet. They may change their minds closer to the date, but I wouldn't bet money on that.

They define what it is to be lame lol.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I know the feeling Lemon, the people I usually hang out with have minimal if any interest in even learning the basic advanced techniques let alone getting into competitive Smash. Thus, the only practice I get is refining tech skill against the CPU (zzzz) and occasionally four stocking my mates until they get bored.

So I really look forward to these events as my chance to improve. :psycho:

LemonManX

Smash Lord
It sucks especially because I was hoping to team with one of the better guys in my crew. But alas, it seems that is now unlikely. Lol. Curse you Bendigo for not being as cool as Melbourne for Smash.

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
I know the feeling Lemon, the people I usually hang out with have minimal if any interest in even learning the basic advanced techniques let alone getting into competitive Smash. Thus, the only practice I get is refining tech skill against the CPU (zzzz) and occasionally four stocking my mates until they get bored.

So I really look forward to these events as my chance to improve. :psycho:
Replace mates with Brother and two friends who play VERY irritating marth/samuses, and we're in the same situation :/, I can get Dohei over after school a few days if I try hard though :).

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the world of smash in New South Wales! No one - I repeat, no one is interested in getting better except for Funky and Jaz. And that's two out of like >1000 people who own and play SSBM.

Oh ya I still do practise against computers... lol

Kumori - it was nice getting to know you. I had fun vsing you! Keep up with your training!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I'm interested in getting better! and i also know another guy who might be aswelll and he lives in wollongong too. I also plan to head down to melbourne for this, would be cool just to attend and get to watch ken and top oz smashers play for real.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure he said he's going to go Game and Watch, Captain Falcon or Roy.

I can smell ****.

Top Bottom