• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee&Brawl: Texas vs New Mexico - El Paso, December 18th, 2010

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Here it is, from the guy that brought you:
The Battle for Honor, Las Cruces Game Convention, B.Y.O.C., EPAC, LCAD, Arizona's Phoenix Con, and Last Year's Wintercon, here he comes again...

RPGfan2005 Presents...

Texas vs New Mexico, at El Paso's WinterCon 2010, December 19th​

I'll be in charge of running the melee and brawl tourneys again.

so I come to you with a challenge,
I'll bring my 5 best Melee and Brawl players.

I expect El Paso, and Alburquerque to do the same.

We'll be having a CREW BATTLE!!!

Other cities, like Dallas or Houston can come and join the smash fest.

it's up to you.

VENUE:
The Camino Real Hotel 101 South El Paso Street
El Paso, TX 79901-1107

RULES:
MRB Official Rules apply
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229
Double Elimination
B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

PRICES:
$5 per tournament per person entrance fee.
(which means, for teams, each person pays $5.)
A con entrance fee is also applicable, The Amount: $12 (thanks to Tekkie)
this entry fee includes, entrance to WinterCon and all the panels and activities.

PRIZES/PAYOUTS:
Singles:
1-19 = 80 / 20
20 - 39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles (# of Teams):
1-9 = 80 / 20
10 - 19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

crews:
let me know if your team is coming to compete. I'll add you to the list.

GAME KNIGHTS from Las Cruces, NM

A little about myself first...
I am RPGfan, I am the president of "Game Knights" a student organization at New Mexico State University (NMSU). I had organized a previous tourney like this last year, and it was a huge success. We had a lot of fun.

question my dependability/notability/elegibility?
click here!
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:RPGfan

CONFIRMED INDIVIDUAL SMASHERS ATTENDING
Tarmogoyf

Post on WinterCon Forums:
http://epwintercon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=205&start=0

tw1n

Smash Champion
My bro may be graduating this weekend (or else its a few days prior) so we will see if we can make it.

tekkie

Smash Master
or just never check this thread until the week before the tournament then respond with "IT'LL BE SO EPIC YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF..."

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Tekkie is "showing Hostility"! Time for rage from LC!

But really, you can't expect us to show up unless you give us more information about said tournament.

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
IT'LL BE SO EPIC YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF...

nah jk, but I'm going to talk to Jessica, and she'll let me know ASAP how much the con entry fee will be.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Soudns good. I am really gonna try hard to make this. But since its so close to the holidays and all I cannot make any promises. But I have been aching for a tournament and all so ya...

I would also prefer if the tourney started like around noon or something like that. Early enough that we can leave that morning and make it but not so late that we have to leave at hellish hours of the night lol.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
IT'LL BE SO EPIC YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF...

nah jk, but I'm going to talk to Jessica, and she'll let me know ASAP how much the con entry fee will be.
Thanks. I only have like 100 dollars spare until next year (**** Christmas), SO I really need to budget.

I plan on making it up there though

*prays that the con fee question gets answered

tekkie

Smash Master
i scoured the EP forums looking for info on it; the only mention i could find was in a forum post from a month and a half ago.

this has fail written all over it.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Loooool, I just noticed he updated the OP:

PRICES:
$5 per tournament per person entrance fee.
(which means, for teams, each person pays $5.)
A con entrance fee is also applicable, The Amount: TBA

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
I've been trying to get in contact with Jessica, it was $15 last year, I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same, but it's not a sure thing, just keep an extra 20 in your pocket, and that should cover it, I swear as soon as I hear something, I'll post it.

tekkie

Smash Master
I've been trying to get in contact with Jessica, it was $15 last year, I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same, but it's not a sure thing, just keep an extra 20 in your pocket, and that should cover it, I swear as soon as I hear something, I'll post it.
that's a lot better :bee:

we'll keep deliberating and bickering like old ninnies until we figure out if we can/will go lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
We have a car that is reliable that we can take too, however it only seats 4 (a mustang). Although I'm sure we can work around that :p

Also if Lewis is in the state around this time, we may be able to take his jeep and that seats 5 (6 if we want to lay under stuff in the back. I don't mind volunteering if needs be).

tw1n

Smash Champion
$15 bucks seems kinda high to me. but that's just me.

Also, I can make it as long as the tourney ends at 6 (I know... lame huh?)
But we have prior engagements that start at 9 p.m. sadly.
So i guess we'll see haha. I can't recall the last time a tournament ended by that time (unless it started at noon... and wasn't brawl)

P.S.
The Game!

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
If you guys are just going for the Crew match, then I guarantee it will be done B4 6PM, however I can't guarantee the tourney to end at 6, sicne I don't know exactly how many people are going to show up.

It will be done ASAP, I promise, with no delays.

edit: also give me the names of the smashers attending so I can update the OP. As well as the name of your crew.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
You shouldn't put me on the confirmed list, because even though I will 100% go if I can, I am not the one with a car, so if other people flop, I flop.

also, we have to think up crew names lol

tekkie

Smash Master
how about if el paso wins duffman buys us beer :)

got an email back from the con, apparently entry is $12.

edit: but all hilariousness aside why is this on a sunday :c

double edit: just read this and laughed my *** off

http://epwintercon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=205&start=0

Who specifically ok'd this within the official committee now?
First of all dude, nobody in this committee knows what you are talking about. Second of all, Which Jessica are you speaking of because the only Jessica I know who is part of EPWC staff has ZERO idea who you are. I can tell you that with 100% certainty.
The only one who can approve tournaments is mike for the anime appreciation society. I'm not sure who you talked to but I check the email everyday and have not seen a request for your tournament. I'm sorry but this tournament is being run by AASEP not the gaming knights. If you wish to discuss this further you MUST email epwintercon@gmail.com
at this rate i'm down to just pitch $10 for a smashed fest at someone's house that weekend :>

more edit: asked about the possibility of a smash tournament at all. got this:

At present time, we don't have any information to give regarding this issue. Any information on tournaments will be specified by a member of the WinterCon Staff Moderator Team or Administrators in the appropriate forum threads leading up to WinterCon.

Thank you for your concern.

-WinterCon Mod Team

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol oh wow... Maybe ABQ can host a big tourney that day then. Without a con fee. If we can would LC be willing to drive down?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Dammmm, GGs LC, you lost all respect from me.

It even stated it there that "Remember that your tournament must be free to the attendees of WinterCon and must be run professionally. "

I doubt I'm gonna go to a tournament with no entry fee for (by extention) NO PRIZES!

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
I resent the email, apparently they didn't review it.

and I swear, this tourney will take place.

I don't know why they don't remember me.

Edit: Shut The **** Up Dekar, I'm tired of your Bull****

and on a side note, if noone from ABQ comes, then fine with me, I'll take first place no problem.
and if you guys decide to host a tourney and invite me, I'm down to come.

I'm already attending Oklahoma's in January.

tw1n

Smash Champion
We will most likely be hosting one here due to the rules of WinterCon stating that no entrance fee for tournaments and all. Plus this whole mess just kinda F'd over everything.

tekkie

Smash Master
I resent the email, apparently they didn't review it.

and I swear, this tourney will take place.

I don't know why they don't remember me.

Edit: Shut The **** Up Dekar, I'm tired of your Bull****

and on a side note, if noone from ABQ comes, then fine with me, I'll take first place no problem.
and if you guys decide to host a tourney and invite me, I'm down to come.

I'm already attending Oklahoma's in January.
like seriously

seriously dude

First of all dude, nobody in this committee knows what you are talking about. Second of all, Which Jessica are you speaking of because the only Jessica I know who is part of EPWC staff has ZERO idea who you are. I can tell you that with 100% certainty.
you had a set date, rules, and prices all in the first post to be hosted at a venue that had no ****ing clue you even existed. what was your plan? just show up on sunday and hope they let you truck in a smash tournament and just hold it there with absolutely zero notice? it's not like it could be that confusing; there is exactly one email address for wintercon. what sort of confirmation did you get that the tournament had the green light? did the person you ask even have anything to do with the event coordinators? the sheer magnitude of the situation is insane because either (1) you never even told them you were going to have a tournament at their venue, or (2) they're going to have some really really really really really good explanation about what happened. i'm doubting that second part.

seriously if something amazing doesnt happen whatever sliver of credibility you had before is gone

Top Bottom