• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee&Brawl: Texas vs New Mexico - El Paso, December 18th, 2010

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
like seriously

seriously dude

you had a set date, rules, and prices all in the first post to be hosted at a venue that had no ****ing clue you even existed. what was your plan? just show up on sunday and hope they let you truck in a smash tournament and just hold it there with absolutely zero notice? it's not like it could be that confusing; there is exactly one email address for wintercon. what sort of confirmation did you get that the tournament had the green light? did the person you ask even have anything to do with the event coordinators? the sheer magnitude of the situation is insane because either (1) you never even told them you were going to have a tournament at their venue, or (2) they're going to have some really really really really really good explanation about what happened. i'm doubting that second part.

seriously if something amazing doesnt happen whatever sliver of credibility you had before is gone
ok, I had sent the email for confirmation since the beginning of November, I have the receipt of the email and I can show anyone who wants to confirm it with me.

I was part of WinterCon Last year and I ran the melee and Brawl tourneys, both had entry fees and cash prizes.
A falco player from El Paso that hangs out with Arturito Burrito played me in the semi-finals.

I got 4th place, I asked Jessica if I could run it again this year and she said yes, but I still sent the email to confirm,

The fact that they skipped it and didn't review it, is not my fault.

I resent it, and I hope for an answer, either way, our tourney and crew battle is still going to happen.

As far as not giving cash prizes, that's new this year, because last year. It did happen.
I don't know if I can get around that rule on the DL, but if I can't well...
I apologize, I tried to host a tourney with the help of WinterCon's venue, but then we could host it at my house or something... I just want my email to be replied to ASAP.

sorry about any inconvenience.

EDIT:
Here's my proof that I sent it
I printed my email screen off my computer

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
like seriously

seriously dude

you had a set date, rules, and prices all in the first post to be hosted at a venue that had no ****ing clue you even existed. what was your plan? just show up on sunday and hope they let you truck in a smash tournament and just hold it there with absolutely zero notice? it's not like it could be that confusing; there is exactly one email address for wintercon. what sort of confirmation did you get that the tournament had the green light? did the person you ask even have anything to do with the event coordinators? the sheer magnitude of the situation is insane because either (1) you never even told them you were going to have a tournament at their venue, or (2) they're going to have some really really really really really good explanation about what happened. i'm doubting that second part.

seriously if something amazing doesnt happen whatever sliver of credibility you had before is gone
I'm really finding it difficult to imagine you mad Tekkie, I've never seen it before. It's kinda funny THB.

@RPG: You ONLY HAVE A SINGLE POST ON THEIR FORUMS! Oddd, considering that you had to post something to run a tourney there last year right?

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
I'm really finding it difficult to imagine you mad Tekkie, I've never seen it before. It's kinda funny THB.

@RPG: You ONLY HAVE A SINGLE POST ON THEIR FORUMS! Oddd, considering that you had to post something to run a tourney there last year right?
they remade it, that isn't the original WinterCon 2009 Forums. I wish I could show you.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I was part of WinterCon Last year and I ran the melee and Brawl tourneys, both had entry fees and cash prizes.
A falco player from El Paso that hangs out with Arturito Burrito played me in the semi-finals.
if nobody believes rpgfan then the only way of knowing the truth is asking this "falco player who hangs out with burrito"

tekkie

Smash Master
i believe this happened last year and all

but since theres no venue this year this tournament is now irrelevant

protip next time get some sort of confirmation before advertising a tournament and trying to get people to drive 4 hours to it

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
i believe this happened last year and all

but since theres no venue this year this tournament is now irrelevant

protip next time get some sort of confirmation before advertising a tournament and trying to get people to drive 4 hours to it
I did say I was still waiting for confirmation, on both posts.....

tekkie

Smash Master
nowhere in the OP does it say "i have my fingers crossed that this tournament will be allowed" or something to that extent. rather, it says:

I'll be in charge of running the melee and brawl tourneys again.

VENUE:
Wyndham Hotel & Resort 2027 Airway Blvd, 79925
El Paso, TX
which implies something more along the lines of "this is absolutely 100% happening and i have the confirmation and blessings of the convention overseers"

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
this topic is funny. mario, when you wanna hold a tournament make sure the venue knows that you're gonna be there gambling money on a video game.

i doubt anyone from abq will go to this now.

btw mario you still owe me five dollars >=(

tekkie

Smash Master
http://epwintercon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=158&start=10

RPGFan2005 said:
1. Tetris Party Deluxe
2. Wii
3. Tournament? Yes!

I can bring it and run it as well if you'd like
rofl

Hey I sent you an e-mail, have you received it? If you have please respond.
might wanna get on that, dude. you haven't given any info on what's going on with wintercon, like whether they're okay with the tournament or not, and if so haven't posted anything on the forum about it now that it's okay and won't get locked/deleted.

that blog is legit though i never read this before:

I already emailed Jessica, the person in charge of the whole con. I'm waiting for her reply, but I basically notified her of us going. As well as us organizing tourneys, or possibly volunteering, so we can get in for free.
so basically everything i said before was 100% correct

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
It was a huge success!!! I took first place again. Got me $150 in the bag...

you guys better come next time.

Top Bottom