• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/Brawl Tournament @ PSU Main November 8-9

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
It is in your guys court I got room reserved for this weekend. So it is there if you choose to use it. I will host ones at later date something important I need to do came up and my plans changed so I won't be around this weekend to host.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wouldn't mind a date change, but I'll have to discuss it with these guys. I have no idea what's going on atm, just found out me and mav were running this. lol
For that say push it another week so you can get all ready for it. This was unexpected and the turnout is small. This wont attract so many people and it wont be all that great.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
so, mav put flyers everywhere already. looks like we can't cancel now. :(

this should be small enough and far enough away not to affect turnout at yours... and there's a much bigger one going on here December 6th.

i can't wait to explain to random college kids why items are off :(. I might just have mav do that part lol

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
yea...let the turnout happen dec. 6; pushing this back a week wont make more pepole come, plus i wont be able to go and i live here lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ok then, well guess I'll pass. I'll look foward to the tournament in dec, keep me posted on that and good luck with this tourny. laters

_umbra_

Smash Champion
thanks man. I'll let you know what's up with the one in december.

You make a really good point, why on earth are we having the tournament on two days???

dobs tell us what's going on lol

M@v

Subarashii!
Cant you boys hold both melee and brawl on saturday?
No go. As said, I already posted flyers with the current date. Also, I cant make Saturday melee; my fathers is coming into town. Umbra will be running it saturday.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im going to at least try to make it to the melee tourney to help get it organized. Here is the flyer I posted in all the commons(except north), the HUB, Pollock computer lab, and the IST building. I put one on every bulletin board in east except for one, LOL. If you can put it somewhere I missed, print it out and slap it up!
Lets hope they work:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I may want to come to this if I can get off work Sunday...

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
thanks man. I'll let you know what's up with the one in december.

You make a really good point, why on earth are we having the tournament on two days???

dobs tell us what's going on lol
Was on two days originally because wanted to try to get turnout and didn't know time constraints. As I said you guys can do what you want I reserved the room but NEED to go home this weekend due to personal reasons.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
so guys, advertise the hell out of melee for me. We need to make sure there are enough for a tournament lol

I think we'll be good for brawl if everyone who said they're coming does.

I'll probably get tio and bring my laptop to run this.

also, as far as stages go, sbr rules for melee. as for brawl, me and mav will discuss it tomorrow. I'm extremely ban-happy, so expect the list of counterpicks to reflect that.

M@v

Subarashii!
so guys, advertise the hell out of melee for me. We need to make sure there are enough for a tournament lol

I think we'll be good for brawl if everyone who said they're coming does.

I'll probably get tio and bring my laptop to run this.

also, as far as stages go, sbr rules for melee. as for brawl, me and mav will discuss it tomorrow. I'm extremely ban-happy, so expect the list of counterpicks to reflect that.
Your bringing you laptop? cool. I was going to install one of the tourney programs on mine tommorow.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament, I liked the turnout. Had a lot of fun playing with everyone. There were a lot surprisingly well-played characters.

Haha too bad it came down to Snake v. MK in the finals, seems too cliche now. Bowser with 3rd though, good ****!

PS: Latex needs to play more Brawl.

Kruton

Smash Ace
So Snake and MK in the finals, who actually won?
^_^.

Oh, dude your Peach was awesome. A little inconsistent with fair, and at times predictable though.

That 0-~50% combo was the combo of the night imho.

Kruton

Smash Ace
eh, it would have been A LOT of byes, made running it easier. wasn't too bad. plus its brawl =P
Bah, you dismiss it too quickly I say. I know your Dedede in combination with knowing some of the tiny intricacies of this game would be very successful.

M@v

Subarashii!
The tourney was good ****. Kiederon ,great peach.

Bowser taking 3rd, nice.

I got 5th and won doubles, but I got knocked out of singles by my doubles partner. O sweet irony :lol:

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman

Bowser taking 3rd, nice.

I got 5th and won doubles, but I got knocked out of singles by my doubles partner. O sweet irony

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

Bowser taking 3rd, nice.

I got 5th and won doubles, but I got knocked out of singles by my doubles partner. O sweet irony :lol:
hiya Scotty :p

well you think thats sucks, i got knocked out by the guy i beat in Snake mirrors twice in a row then lost to in a losers bracket rematch...same guy who won the **** tourney. (yeah i'm lookin at you Kruton. *******.)

but still,

Bowser taking 3rd, nice.

I got 5th and won doubles, but I got knocked out of singles by my doubles partner. O sweet irony

_umbra_

Smash Champion
did no one see the results thread??? :)

hiya Scotty :p

well you think thats sucks, i got knocked out by the guy i beat in Snake mirrors twice in a row then lost to in a losers bracket rematch...same guy who won the **** tourney. (yeah i'm lookin at you Kruton. *******.)
****ing kruton.

oh **** i forgot

Bowser taking 3rd, nice.

Top Bottom