• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
ST is under review.... I wonder what the deal is. I hope they figure it out soon
The rumor is someone who donated 7K said they would call CC fraud if ST lost. The reality is I don't know for certain. Also I think it's admirable to warn donators but also kind of... wrong. I mean they had all this time to donate for ST and if he's basically saying "don't donate, you may waste your donation."

I mean stick with your crap through thick and thin. The money is going to charity. But whatever.

Tse

Smash Cadet
I dont care what it is, you dont just abandon the game you dedicated yourself to out of fear/hate

If SkullGirls is going to lose, At least Im going down with it like a true fan.

Also I do not know if this is true, ive only heard this.

:phone:
Shoutouts to BrandX

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I dont care what it is, you dont just abandon the game you dedicated yourself to out of fear/hate

If SkullGirls is going to lose, At least Im going down with it like a true fan.

Also I do not know if this is true, ive only heard this.

In a better world, this post would represent all gaming communities

Gea

Smash Master
Lol, that was for Melee dude and it was a faked/shopped screenshot. Someone's intentionally switching it to ST now as a troll LOL.
It would not surprise me at all if it was misinformation spread around on purpose, but the tweet about ST being under review is real.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
The rumor is someone who donated 7K said they would call CC fraud if ST lost. The reality is I don't know for certain. Also I think it's admirable to warn donators but also kind of... wrong. I mean they had all this time to donate for ST and if he's basically saying "don't donate, you may waste your donation."

I mean stick with your crap through thick and thin. The money is going to charity. But whatever.
wait so basically, theyre taking back their donation if ST loses?

if this true, itll be so damn funny to rub it in peoples faces when they talked about how those 3 random smashboards dudes were talking about retracting their donations if melee doesnt win when they didnt even donate

Gea

Smash Master
wait so basically, theyre taking back their donation if ST loses?

if this true, itll be so damn funny to rub it in peoples faces when they talked about how those 3 random smashboards dudes were talking about retracting their donations if melee doesnt win when they didnt even donate
It's just rumor, please take it with a grain of salt.

And yes, SRK is down for me at the moment.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Beat!

Smash Master
My internet connection's down and I can't send paypal money from my phone. I'd be eternally grateful if someone could donate $100 for me (preferably during the drive) and PM me their receipt and paypal address. I'll send the money first thing tomorrow.
Redact hasn't replied to my pm yet and I want to make sure I can donate in time.

Also, BrandX is a ****ing champ.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Guys like gea said don't automatically believe everything you read. The tweet was photoshopped, at one point it was said to be from a smasher, does anyone know that guy? Probably a big troll.

BrandX

Smash Ace
BrandX you wanna join the melee community? We're cool peeps and you already racked up almost 400 posts this month.
Haha thanks for the offer. I'm more of a P:M player, so I wouldnt really fit in lol. Doesnt mean I cant stop by the melee forum to say hi though. The most part though, youll see me on the P:M forums or the skullgirls topic in thr lighthouse section.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Guys like gea said don't automatically believe everything you read. The tweet was photoshopped, at one point it was said to be from a smasher, does anyone know that guy? Probably a big troll.

This doesn't look very Photoshopped to me. I have no idea what they're investigating ST for, but they definitely are investigating it.

John2k4

The End of an Era

The latest tweet about ST being investigated is legit.

But on the topic of Photoshopping things...

[collapse=Don't believe screenshots of web pages.]
[/collapse]

We're doing great; no need to be speculating/suspecting donations are fraudulent for others in the running.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Got 50€ from my peeps at the McDonald's where I work. Should I wait or toss them now ? I'm from france so I won't be able to wait until the last hours.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Got 50€ from my peeps at the McDonald's where I work. Should I wait or toss them now ? I'm from france so I won't be able to wait until the last hours.
I say do it now. No reason to wait if you may not be able to later.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
If you wanna wait until MIOM starts (the spirit bomb), you can too!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Haha thanks for the offer. I'm more of a P:M player, so I wouldnt really fit in lol. Doesnt mean I cant stop by the melee forum to say hi though. The most part though, youll see me on the P:M forums or the skullgirls topic in thr lighthouse section.

I don't get it. Pm-melee skills are transferable. Melee prolly has a scene near your house where you can push SG on people lol but whatever enjoy it if you like it

Honorary smasher

BrandX

Smash Ace
Guys I know this sounds really silly, and I may get weird looks from my own community, but this is my last wish just incase ST continues and skullgirls cant...

Blow that mother****ing dinosaur back to the stone age...

Lol

Edit: Its not really from a gameplay point, but more of a cosmetic point. I think P:M looks nicer.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Guys I know this sounds really silly, and I may get weird looks from my own community, but this is my last wish just incase ST continues and skullgirls cant...

Blow that mother****ing dinosaur back to the stone age...

Lol

Edit: Its not really from a gameplay point, but more of a cosmetic point. I think P:M looks nicer.
No matter what happens, just know that many new friends have been connected together during this whole drive. Of course, you are one of them. =)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
In the end, if skullgirls, melee or super turbo wins, we can say that at least some communities got a little closer to each other.

We all want the same thing, means we aren't really that much different.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
In the end, if skullgirls, melee or super turbo wins, we can say that at least some communities got a little closer to each other.

We all want the same thing, means we aren't really that much different.
A lot of community leaders lost their hair and beards too (read that Mike Z's going to shave his for the 30k mark).

Our cause to clean up their public images is a righteous one.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I can say that if Skullgirls can at least get second, we at least proved we could take down a legend like ST. Thats what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom