• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Emptying my poor little bank account. Too bad I don't get my paycheck on direct deposit until one minute after the drive ends.

:phone:

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Did the number drop for anyone else? We were over 46k and now we're back to 45k, at least for me

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
It looks like Skullgirls is going for an all-in snipe at this point... nobody seems to want to put in their money until the stream starts because there are some pimping things going up for raffle and etc.

Even I'm putting in money for a shot (figure it won't hurt our chances but if you guys feel a little salty about it I'll just donate the same amount to melee- already did so that should cover it).

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching the numbers for an hour now and we never reached 46k
I'm 100% sure we did
'cause when the stream started Scar said how we were at 45 and a half thousand dollars, then I checked again maybe ten minutes after he said to start donating and I was surprised we only went up ~1000$, and now it's at 45,188.90 again

BrandX

Smash Ace
So many mentions. I've certainly made a name for myself.

I'm like the unrelated hero of the people. Weird.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% sure we did
'cause when the stream started Scar said how we were at 45 and a half thousand dollars, then I checked again maybe ten minutes after he said to start donating and I was surprised we only went up ~1000$, and now it's at 45,188.90 again
We started at 44k.

Also, I'm pretty sure a ton of people are waiting until as late as possible.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I'm 100% sure we did
I think he said they were matching up to 4 and a half thousand dollars.

At least, that's what I heard.

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Do do we have any ideo how long it take for donations to show at the longest? They might have to confirm larger donations with banks first possibly so we might not get a final count until some time tomorrow. Anyone care to refute?

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Did we ever figure out who dumped 30k on ST last night? Last I heard, there were just some rumors about Japanese dudes having lots of money.

Bob thy dead

Smash Rookie
So what is the final Spirit Bomb looking like so far? Or are people just straight up donating and not saving for an actual push?

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/ProtomCannon

Update:

Jeff Mahaney ‏@othartheomSRK

"@ProtomCannon This is holding donations back. ST could be so close to winning. This was four hours ago please let us know what is going on!"

Tom Cannon ‏@ProtomCannon

"@othartheomSRK some recent large ST donations are suspicious. Wepay is investigating but we won't know more today."

So basically some of the ST donations may be illegitimate... but they won't know before the end of the donation drive.

Proposed compromise: Cut SFxT from the main stage and put both Melee and Skullgirls up there and also give ST a featured spot as like an exhibition type thing with an invitational bracket or something.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Phew...was wondering why our stream was banned.

But looks like we are, kinda, back in the race~

Good luck to all communities~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom