• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
YEP YEP YEP They're at $11,629.96 now. Okay I'm scared now. That's without their pledged $3,300 so they're gonna pass us at this point.

EDIT: We underestimated the power of the skull girls.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
This just means it's time for us to shift into gear and mobilize again. Get your donations ready. We still have tons of people who are willing to contribute. Another drive wouldn't hurt either. We still got this.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
We've come this far, looks like it's time to spam the regional threads, facebook groups, monthlies and weeklies. Get big players to MM for Evo, get more tourneys with money going to it. I mean, whatever they pass us by, it won't be much...a lot of people haven't chipped in a cent yet, maybe they'll feel obligated when everyone is talking about it like it's a sure thing but it's not.

FlyingWithTheKennedys

Smash Rookie
From Skullgirls Twitter:

@Skullgirls: #skullgirls for #evo2k broke $13,000! Look out, Smash Bros - an actual fighting game is coming for you!

Look out, Skullgirls - a game that ISN'T creepy fetish bait is going to sweep you again.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It was said that someone can't donate on behalf of the company. They never said they can't donate for personal reasons I think?

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
From Skullgirls Twitter:

@Skullgirls: #skullgirls for #evo2k broke $13,000! Look out, Smash Bros - an actual fighting game is coming for you!

Look out, Skullgirls - a game that ISN'T creepy fetish bait is going to sweep you again.
OMG wow they just used that against our community, I respect the game nonetheless, but if they can't respect our game as a fighting game, then it's too hard to respect theirs.

EDIT:

EVERYONE GIVE GOKU YOUR ENERGY!!!

\:pichu:/
LOL

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It was said that someone can't donate on behalf of the company. They never said they can't donate for personal reasons I think?

Just basing it off of what I thought Mike said, Crusayer. My short-term memory's pretty dim. Either way, three grand is three grand, regardless of where they're getting it from.

Smooth Criminal

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm pretty sure Mike Z is just trying to rally people together and rallied some people to do some match donations.. Also rallied dem voice actresses.

For $50 a voice actress of your choice will leave you a voice mail.

Fanboys probably dumping quite a bit for that

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Looks like we need to rally another donation drive.

We raised $9000 once. We can do it again.

I'll save for the meanwhile and see if we set-up something that's better than matching $4 for $20. If not I'll donate on Sunday.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Mike Z is just trying to rally people together and rallied some people to do some match donations.. Also rallied dem voice actresses.

For $50 a voice actress of your choice will leave you a voice mail.

Fanboys probably dumping quite a bit for that
Not going to lie, that's kind of weird.

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Where is Scar? It would be nice to have some clarity on what and when we're planning to do in response to this. Assuming they haven't matched yet, we'll be at least 4K down when they're done tonight.

I'm ready to donate again.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Weird comment (shoulda quoted..) Its working, so don't matter if its weird. Anime makes a big deal about VAs, wouldn't be surprised a fighting game that looks like an anime would have some affect with that method. (In Japan, it'd prob even beat bronies)

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol welp

this is a WC stream

and they've got the venue till midnight PST

I -highly- doubt that we will be able to put up another 6-9k

please prove me wrong

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
From Skullgirls Twitter:

Not legit, we've been pretty much supportive and sympathetic towards the SG community. The official SG twitter goes and basically bashes melee...yeah the money I was legitimately going to go out and buy SG with for PSN? I'm donating it. Might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom