• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingWithTheKennedys

Smash Rookie
Not legit, we've been pretty much supportive and sympathetic towards the SG community. The official SG twitter goes and basically bashes melee...yeah the money I was legitimately going to go out and buy SG with for PSN? I'm donating it. Might as well.
Good. I saw the apology to you on Twitter - they effed up and people are blowing them up for it.

Let's win this, guys. SG is awfully flippant and abrasive to other communities when in reality it has less than no right to do so.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Good. I saw the apology to you on Twitter - they effed up and people are blowing them up for it.

Let's win this, guys. SG is awfully flippant and abrasive to other communities when in reality it has less than no right to do so.
I'm still trying to figure out what community you're from lol

And nah not crying, just a ***** move and I kinda want to win so everyone has to put up with the party game. I main jiggs for christsakes, I can take a fair deal of **** lol

Seeing them back track is hilarious though. No, you stick to your **** talk.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Where is Scar? It would be nice to have some clarity on what and when we're planning to do in response to this. Assuming they haven't matched yet, we'll be at least 4K down when they're done tonight.

I'm ready to donate again.
I'm sure Scar is working on pulling something together for our next donation drive! Start pulling out those safes everyone, cause **** is going down soon!

Also, they have started to slow down a bit and they are hitting 14K pretty soon! I'm guessing they will indeed hit 15K along with the match donations of 3K! They will have 18K maybe 19K by the end of the night! Yeah, this ain't over baby!

Edit - Fellas, no need to bash on the SG community! They are a pretty cool bunch of people, just like us!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Whoever made the prediction way early that this would go to 15k on each, I'd like to congratulate you for being the closest estimate to what is happening here.

You were only 10k off from where this is likely going to end. Closer than anyone else could've guessed.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
wow they like just dropped $800 or so within the last few minutes

and so it begins...

zmx

Smash Lord
Things just became very interesting. So many people are viewing this thread now.

I never would have expected this much support from Skullgirls. Then again, they clearly have something Smash doesn't: actual support from the devs. and VAs.

If Nintendo actually cared and noticed this, they'd probably try to STOP Melee from reaching Evo. Lol.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Dont panic folks and wrecklessly donate. we wait patiently, pull our money together for one final spirit bomb, and then BAM!!!!

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
calm down guys lol, don't impulse-donate just yet

we need to let their drive simmer a bit and start planning a response. possibly through miom or something

this has probably already been said anyways. doesn't hurt to repeat though <_<

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Not legit, we've been pretty much supportive and sympathetic towards the SG community. The official SG twitter goes and basically bashes melee...yeah the money I was legitimately going to go out and buy SG with for PSN? I'm donating it. Might as well.
Legit post +1

zmx

Smash Lord
Legit post +1
Not really.
When people thought MLP would win for sure and was ahead by a lot, many people here were completely trashing the game and raging. So there's no point putting the Smash community on a higher moral horse. Either way getting angry over a throw away twitter comment is silly.

The only reason people acted supportive of Skullgirls here was because of pity. They assumed there was no way they could catch up.

All pretense aside, at the end of this there is no doubt going to be a lot of hostility between the communities, most certainly on the loser's side. Especially considering how close the race is now.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's not getting mad, it's just a reaction, most of the responses outside of one moron who doesn't really belong in this community are just light harmless jokes.

zmx

Smash Lord
As a Smash and fighting game fan I really do hope Melee wins though.

I feel Melee would bring so much more to the table than Skullgirls, not to mention the attendance will likely be a lot bigger.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Not really.
When people thought MLP would win for sure and was ahead by a lot, many people here were completely trashing the game and raging. So there's no point putting the Smash community on a higher moral horse. Either way getting angry over a throw away twitter comment is silly.

The only reason people acted supportive of Skullgirls here was because of pity. They assumed there was no way they could catch up.

All pretense aside, at the end of this there is no doubt going to be a lot of hostility between the communities, most certainly on the loser's side. Especially considering how close the race is now.
I still support sg though, it wasn't out of pity for me.

zmx

Smash Lord
Awfully presumptuous.

Smooth Criminal
Perhaps but it seems kind of obvious. Tensions are already building and the contest is far from over.

Do you really think the losing side will take it lightly? After all the work they put in? It just doesn't seem likely.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
The real crime here is that two games with communities that will have raised over 30k combined for a charity have to kill each other for one opening when they are both insanely deserving and SFxT gets a slot at EVO just for being slop with dual company branding.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Perhaps but it seems kind of obvious. Tensions are already building and the contest is far from over.

Do you really think the losing side will take it lightly? After all the work they put in? It just doesn't seem likely.
Yeah, it might get ugly because most are putting in money to see a result, not to be charitable.

zmx

Smash Lord
The real crime here is that two games with communities that will have raised over 30k combined for a charity have to kill each other for one opening when they are both insanely deserving and SFxT gets a slot at EVO just for being slop with dual company branding.
I completely agree.

SFxT wasn't well recieved last year at Evo. But it's getting in likely because Capcom sponsers Evo, they have to keep their sponsers happy.

If anything it should be in the donation drive as well. It doesn't deserve to be a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom