• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandX

Smash Ace
My apologies for panicked jealous ranting, I'd just like to be a bit more convinced that's there's a solid competitive scene before the possibility of losing occurs :\

Kinda wish the Melee voice actors were behind us too.
It's okay dude, I went through the same thing....that's why I'm pretty known here XD

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Olive Garden? I'm a manager at Olive Garden.

If someone donates $500 dollars, you and a guest eat for free.

(in Rhode Island)
DAAAMMN Is that for real?
If so someone needs to inform prog, scar, and the gang so they can make it known.
I bet we have a few big spenders that'll jump at this, and maybe take SB there LOL

for $50 you can have G&W bleep you a voicemail
lol'd

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been continuing to watch the Skullgirls stream and they found out that we're interested in getting support from some of the Smash fans who do League of Legends. The problem is that they have Cristina Vee on their side and she's very big for that community. We're gonna need to do a lot more than that. They're also talking about reaching out to many other communities but they're not nearly as organized and, even if they get big people in those communities to namedrop them, most people won't help out just because. We'll definitely benefit from the fact that it's very easy to find Nintendo fans.

Thino

Smash Master
as Scar mentioned earlier on his podcast our big advantage is our number, we can and should totally capitalize on that, it already worked once.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
So anybody got an account on McCleod forums or the Brawl in the Family forums? Or maybe whatever forums there are for Super Smash Bros Crusade?

Number 13

Smash Rookie
Well this thread got depressing since that twitter message dropped. Not really fair for that to represent the community

About the VA Guests, it was not promoted or advertised at all beforehand. Thats why it was a surprise. The Voicemail thing was not the only promoted thing there -_- we had Alex Ahad (o-8) and the art Crew Literally draw Art through the whole stream and take requests.(I know surprising SG has active Art scene surprising) and made promotional Material such as Posters and autographed Artbooks.

We were Gonna donate regardless without knowing any of this. Lets not get sour over this , kind of ruining how Melee generally claims to be the "better man" over other communities since apparently getting called "Not real fighter game" or "party game" often is nothing stranger to them. I don't remember us getting that malicious with the name calling When You guys dropped your Podcast donation bomb. Hell, alot of us were "depressed" and pessimistic at SRK apparently but respected your passion. Kind of ruining your image. Hope we can move on from this and not decide to hate each other

All in All, That twitter post was bad move on there part but the reactions here is equally as bad jumping to conclusions without knowing the whole Story

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@number 13, Which one?

Also ignore them, they just don't want to lose
I don't know how they can see anything wrong with having devs/VAs personally request donations

Also when do we claim to be the better man? Most of the time we're just chilling and ignoring them and their haters
Although we do claim to have the better game ;)
maybe it's just the impression we give off by actually being the better man

Vkrm

Smash Lord
If I donate 50 bucks to SG a VA of my choice will record a custom voice mail? Can i decide what she says? I want mine to be an endorsement for melee at evo.

:phone:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
^^^ lol I got mindgamed into thinking that was a link.

What an odd choice of font color haha.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Good job from the SG community, I was expecting this.

So when is the next fund raiser? They are only leading by 500 which isn't much.

We should do a huge fundraiser stream on the last day of this run imo

Revven

FrankerZ
5k isn't an insurmountable lead, imo. We have plenty of time still to make that up. Especially since I bet most of the people who donated to SG were the people who were already donating constantly. :V

TreK

Is "that guy"
Throwing 20 bucks in. (in €, that's about 25$)
I genuinely despise you, melee players, though I enjoy your game. But that twitter message was a taunt to all smash games. I'll stand besides you for once. Make EVO2k13 worth my money.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Not sure what I or the 99.9% of the fanbase you haven't met has done to you, but okay
money is money I guess, just wondering why you threw that part in there.
He's a Brawl player. But then there this :

French Melee and Brawl players are there. Let's make this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nGYqAJwkao

30$ given.
Some French Melee players have already donated, and we're trying to gather some more, even though almost no one from here is likely to make it to Evo.
And then the French Brawl community began supporting our cause as well, like Yami and Teneban did. I find it amazing to see that instead of having both smash communities ***** about each other.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Stfu about melee voice actors guys. That's a terrible idea. Unless we got the narrator, that guy is freaking awesome. I think we need to raffle off those real life falcon helmets that were sold at either apex 2012 or 2010. Also, signed controllers seem like an awesome idea. Also, fluffy wuffy from apex 2012 interviews.

lets ****ing go.

i told alex strife to donate my apex winnings, but im gonna donate more during the drive
Can we start a leffen rocks chant at Evo? I think he's earned it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
the last thing we need between communities is hate.

keep calm

and

donate on.

in related news, i still love and respect SG. good **** on them. we're all tourney***s here. we know what it means to play to win. lets not get mad at them. lets channel that energy so that we get into the lead again.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Not sure what I or the 99.9% of the fanbase you haven't met has done to you
Would you have donated to SF4 if they asked you to ?
If you think you are not the reason why our communities don't get along, then maybe you are 'innocent'. But then, whose job was it to get rid of the trolls ? The TOs ? Smashboards admins ? Or the innocent people like you, that would have benefited from larger and more frequent events and actually had the opportunity to shut the trolls ?
Both the TOs and the SWF admins did their part (which is still better than what the FGC did, haha), and yet our communities still go to separate events most of the time. Don't you think there's a problem here ?

Anyway, my wallet's not completely empty yet, when's the next drive ? :V

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i do think that twitter post was in very poor taste, regardless of whether it was a joke or not.

sg pr should of known or at least been informed of smash's history so they would of known how strongly we feel about being dimissed as a fighting game and how we had to deal with that for almost a decade.

its just as bad as being bullied your whole life, only to have someone taunt you about it suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom