• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee-FC D Results, Over $10000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yay for Xelic and Caveman placing higher than Mikey and I even though we beat them first round of winners. Tearing through the losers bracket is too good.

127th in singles and 5th in doubles = yayuhhz.

Sliq

Smash Master
What the heck happened to Forward?

What the heck happened Isai2king?

Props to KA master, I like to see more of this uprising.

It's like V for Vendetta.

The high tiers are the oppressing government, and the rest of the tiers are the people fighting back!

WEAR THAT MASK PROUDLY KA.

AND FIGHT WITH HONOR!!
I main Jiggs. Am I the man or am I fighting the system?

KishSquared

Smash Master
I've updated www.meleefc.com with the info we have. I'll continue updating it as we get more results, and I'll definitely be putting pools up as I get them as well.

Click the MELEE-FC Diamond link on the left to check everything out. It's not terribly polished yet - you'll notice some missing banners and/or FC3 banners, and I'm not yet happy with the layout for the Regional Crew summary. I'll make it prettier soon!

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll post shoutouts in a bit...getting your wisdom teeth out 3 days after FC isn't fun...:(

This was my favorite FC since I actually got to stay during the nights!!!

Good **** everyone who helped run it...Kishes, Iggy, Joshu, CoK, concession ladies (especially the one who got me water everytime I came up)!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

:colorful:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Smashtality eh? That would explain the Inui, Wife, and Husband tags on SDM's card when I went to his fest >.>

lol I used INUI, I thought it was funny for some reason.

forward

Smash Champion
Shout outs!

Kishs, Ship of fools, and the rest of the staff, thank you 10000 times for putting such an awesome event together. This has been my favorite tournament of the year, and why not? You guys worked your *** off to make it happen, you deserve all the props in the world.

Let's see, there are too many people to just list names, and besides, that's not really fun. So, instead of the conventional shout outs, I'll just post some of the memories and good times I had.

Arrival - I don't know about you guys, but after so much anticipation to an event like this, that when you finally arrive the feeling is surreal. I enter the building, I sign some papers, get my name tag (thx kiwi), and walk in to the gym. Those first steps into the gym almost bring a tear to my eye LOL. After so long, you finally feel it and tell yourself, "I'm here."

Socializing - Soooo many people, and this is why I can't just list all your names. Seriously, I must have talked with at least 200 people. Some I had a small chit chat with, others I had some crazy deep conversation with. Well regardless, it was cool no matter who I talked with, and that's what I love about the community. Everyone is so **** chill. I highly recommend, to anyone that considers themselves a shy person, to use these tournaments as training ground to become more out going and social. We're all smashers, no one is going to care that you talk to others, so live it up!

Torpedo ball - Let me get this straight guys, it's not a real game? Uhmmm..... why not? LOL That game was so randomly good, btw I heard chillin and chu ***** the money matches in that game ahahahaha.

Hackey sack!!! - LLLOOOOLLLL that was so great. Something came over me on the 2nd day and hackey sack sounded like a brilliant idea, turns out I wasn't far from the truth. I start playing with just like one guy, but suddenly everyone started joining in for the fun. Playing hackey sack took me back to my high school days, it was a good feeling to play again. Thanks to everyone who joined in on that, you guys rock!

Dodgeball - Rugburn FTW? Haha I missed out on dodgeball at my first FC (fc3), but I wasn't gonna let that happen this time. This game is friggin deep, we were doing all sorts of crazy throws, hand offs and passes, sheilds, hiding, LOL. ****, dodge ball tournament next FC? Let's do it!

Smashing - What is there to say about smash that hasn't been said? I don't know lol. Everyone has mixed feelings of the game, but regardless, I hope the people that played with me enjoyed the games. I also hope that people were able to learn a thing or two from me during the tournament. I don't feel like making new strategies any more, so it's up to you guys now to advance the strategies I've created haha. Good **** to chops and ka master, you guys definitly earned your victories over me, don't sweat it. :)

Departing - Awwwww it always hurts to say good bye lol. We spend an entire weekend with all these people, a giant slumber party, and get so close with them that it's almost a second family. Good things don't last forever though, and at the end we must say bye when it is time to leave. You never know when you will get to see these people again, so make sure your good-byes are true, it could be the last.

Y'know, people always say they improve at smash after a tournament, this is true. However, I feel like I improve at life after tournaments. Every person I meet gives me a new bit of knowledge, every person I watch does something that I will try incorporate into myself. We are young people still, I hope everyone sees the opportunities they have at these tournaments, and makes the most of them.

/blog mode (roflllllll)

Anyways, if anyone wants to hit me up on aim, my screen name is seanforwardb

Peace.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
btw I heard chillin and chu ***** the money matches in that game ahahahaha.
They did....until me and my partner stepped in and beat them and then beat them again in double or nothing. MAD close games though. Last game went into quadruple overtime lol.

Seriously next FC NEEDS a topedo ball tourny and a dodgeball tourny.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hey AlphaZealot, theres a mistake in your article. Other than that good article though.

Also with a strong showing was Florida, who had brought 17 players to the tournament and had several advance deep into the tournament, including Lambchops, KeepSpeedn, Silent Wolf, and DaShizWiz.
SilentWolf is not from Florida. Did you mean ColBol, the other other Florida player to make it to brackets?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
just so everyone knows..Isai failed out his 3rd pool on purpose.
I was watching him play friend Juju's Marth..and i could tell something was udderly wrong.
They were going about EVEN...i knew isai was sandbagging like hell...and he proved my hypothesis by accepting my challenge their 3rd match.
"Isai...........PICK KIRBY!"
..and he did, and lost significantly.

His next oponent...he could have beat as well but i yelled, "Isai.....PICK YOSHI!"
and he did.
I mean...he deffinately lost...but he was having alot of fun.
I think he just didn't care anymore about winning. Afterall, he did already make 300 bucks at the SSB64 tournament...and the competition in this tournament was the toughest its ever been...it would have been a most difficult battle for him to even make it in the top 10.

So yea..i figure, he just felt "the hell w/ it...lets have fun this 3rd pool"
His good spirit even helped my boy Juju have some fun, since he knew he wasn't going to make it out his 3rd pool. He ended up dropping his marth for Roy and Pichu in his next matches versus Luigi-Ka-Master...and losing miserably..but at the least..having a real good time.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For some reason I thought Silent Wolf was from Florida. I'll try and get that corrected.

As for a crew article, I'm debating doing one. I have two problems. I leave for MLG Dallas tomorrow so I don't have much time to write. The second, the crew results were sorta lopsided in favor of the East Coast, after all ChuDat/M2K/PC essentially took out 20 stocks themselves.

And yea I know Isai doesn't try, makes me sad.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Hrmm...well I've unpacked everything and still no DS. Maybe it's lost up in South Bend somewhere, but I'm a sad Tim. :(

Full results will probably go up in the next two-three days.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Yaaaay Ohio. w00tz

What happened to Eggz?? He had a few bad days in a row I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom