• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC: Requesting a good player fund for Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhese

Smash Master
Hello everyone. As we all know FC is coming, and may as well be the biggest smash tourney of ALL TIME! I have talked to Armada about him coming, and he says he cannot come because he lacks the funds to do so. I have seen something called the "good player fund" in action before, and I wonder if it is possible if someone who has done that before can set one up for Armada. I personally want this to happen because seeing as how well he has been doing lately I think he is definitally eligible for the "good player" portion of the good player fund. Also, he is a nice guy to converse with and has given me a lot of advice since I got in contact with him. I would like to meet him, and seeing as how FC is in my state this may be one of my only shots at doing so in the near future because of my own funding issues. Of course having the Beast from Sweden back in the states for potentially the largest tournament of all time would generate hype. And I feel that a tournament as special as FC coming out of retirement shows that melee is still alive and growing. We should make FC as special as possible for the sake of our community as well, and not just for me =P. I do not feel comfortable handling other people's money, so I am asking someone who is responsible and trustworthy to take the plate for me here, and GET ARMADA TO FC!!!!

also mango is in the same boat =(

Lovage

Smash Hero
3k is pretty hard to raise in a few months, especially when there are like 5 funds going on at all times for every tourny lol

voorhese

Smash Master
Well I talked to him a while back, and he had scheduling issues. I asked him if he had gotten any free time in his schedule he said yeah, but with him graduating and not having a job right now he couldn't afford to come either way. He said he is absolutely interested in coming. He also said that he doesn't know if it is right to ask the community again for help. And I told him that I personally think if there are people like me he want him there bad enough to help him get there, then he isn't stepping on any toes. Again I am not comfortable handling everyone's money, so I am begging someone else with experience to man this operation!

Edit:
thought it was ruleset-related....hm
Lol, he did actually say that he is interested in going "assuming the rule-set doesn't get any weirder."

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yea he told me recently he did not want to go cause of the ruleset. If he changed his mind then its all good.

leffen

Smash Champion
Last I spoke to armada traveling alone was one of the main reasons he didn't wanna go (he didn't go to that missisippi tournament and they also payed for his trip)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not trying to spoil the fun here, but what happens to the money he wins? If he goes, he probably makes a couple grand; does he then pay back the people who got him the plane ride? Because if not, I don't really wanna donate because it's more... giving him money than helping him get here. Not that giving armada cash is a bad cause, of course =p

Reason I was willing to donate to PP for his smasher's reunion thing was that he said he was gonna either pay back donors or contribute to future good player funds with whatever money he made (up to the amount donated, naturally).

Assuming that this is a similar kind of deal, I'd chip in.

voorhese

Smash Master
I see. I will have to ask him. Also time only goes one way fellas. If we are gonna do this, someone has to step up and set up a means of donation.

Zoler

Smash Ace
1: Haven't really looked at tickets yet (will do it today) but like AJP said somewhere around 1k (dollar) is more correct then 3k ;)

2: Yeah the rules were really bad and a reason I at first wanted to not go but the rules seems okay and at least good enough for me to enter.

3: I will pay everyone back if I win any money and if I get 1000 dollars (for example) my goal is to win both singles/doubles and then pay everyone back the same amount they helped me with.

4: Flying alone is BORING as hell but I have nothing to do this summer and that will be even more boring :p

5: Hype!

/Armada

leffen

Smash Champion
hah, I guess Armada's going to FC ;o

I'd join you but its way to costly and I don't think anyone would donate to 2 europeans ;D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i'd pay for u leffen but only if u went yoshi i hate ur fox.

jk

I'll put in once a paypal is set up if not already.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Good to see everyone coming together! We're actually in the process of setting up some things together for donations, so give us a few days to work it out, otherwise we'll just set up Paypal.

Battlecow

Play to Win
hah, I guess Armada's going to FC ;o

I'd join you but its way to costly and I don't think anyone would donate to 2 europeans ;D
I'd put in $20 or so for you, on the condition that you have someone take a picture of your face when you didn't make bracket and then send it to me.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Armada has said (can't remember if it was in person or on the boards) that he simply doesn't have the funds to travel overseas more than once a year. He just graduated from high school and I don't think he has a job just yet.

Also donations at this point would have to reach quadruple-digits in less than a month's time, sooooo yeah. Don't really count on this.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Armada has said (can't remember if it was in person or on the boards) that he simply doesn't have the funds to travel overseas more than once a year. He just graduated from high school and I don't think he has a job just yet.

Also donations at this point would have to reach quadruple-digits in less than a month's time, sooooo yeah. Don't really count on this.
A little over a grand in a month? Dude we could do that easy...

The fund just has to get started and it'd be done in like a week.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Like, armada really should set up a good player fund for himself if no one is going to step up...I think a grand is doable but the clock is ticking...

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom