• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

melee gannondorf better than brawl 'dorf?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Do people actually enjoy having the melee vs brawl argument? The characters are so radically different that I don't even care to make the assessment. I'll put it this way, though. I have not played Melee since Brawl came out. It's not because I don't love melee (I devoted 7 years of my life to melee Ganon) but because I want to squeeze everything out of Ganon in Brawl.

Note: You ask in the title if melee Ganon is BETTER than brawl ganon. In the post you say you think melee Ganon is more fun to play than brawl Ganon. What are you asking us?

Gleam

Smash Ace
Anyone, including myself will tell you that Melee Ganondorf is better than Brawl Ganondorf. But it's like Hyper has said, this is brawl. Ever since I got brawl I played Melee perhaps twice just for the fun of it. I always use Ganondorf and even though Ganon is considered much worse than his Melee counter part, I always try to get better with him.

And surprise surprise, Brawl Ganon has actually come a long way since last January and to this point he has not stopped getting better.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
I love Brawl Ganon more because there are more differences from C. Falcon...

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
If you're asking who is better nobody would even deny Melee Ganon would kick the crap out of Brawl Ganon.

But I only even play Ganon in Brawl because he's badass, Melee Ganon reminded me of a hunchback.

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Melee ganon may be better but hey, brawl ganon is just as fun to play as if you as me.
And since brawl is the time of now im gonna go with brawl ganon

Nic64

Smash Lord
brawl ganon is more fun IMO, ganoncide is too good! but melee ganon was much more viable, didn't get ***** by half the cast etc.

TP

Smash Master
Aren't the differences between Ganon and Falcon in brawl the same as they were in melee?
Yes... if you ignore Usmash, SideB, Ftilt, Dtilt, Utilt more than before, punch at end of UpB, and his new beard.

Tujex

Smash Ace
L-Cancelling is the only reason Melee Ganon was better. If Brawl Ganon had that tech, he'd be just as unstoppable. His recovery has also taken a hit from Melee to Brawl...but otherwise, I figure Ganon has just as much potential as his Melee counterpart.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Melee Ganon had the two most bad-*** punches in the game: f-air and B. Now the Warlock Punch looks like a sissy backfist (I know backfists suck as a power move because I do a bit of MMA) and the f-air is the laggiest thing in Brawl.

Super_Smasher6

Smash Cadet
I don't think Melee Ganondorf was better! Correct me if i'm wrong but:

Warlock punch: Much powerfull in Brawl!!! And a bit faster!
Wizard Kick: Less powerfull, but faster!!! and i think the aerial WK is stronger than in Melee.
Flame Choke: No need to talk about that ;)
Dark Dive: Insane vertical range and the punch at the end, in Brawl!

Neutral-A: Stronger in Brawl!!! Can kill at +- 150%...
Up-tilt: More usefull in Brawl
Forward-tilt: better and stronger in Brawl
Down-tilt: better and stronger in Brawl i think

Up-Smash: Stronger in Melee :ohwell:
Down-Smash: Stronger in Melee :ohwell:
Forward-Smash: A bit stronger in Brawl

Up-Air: +- the same
Down-Air: Do more % in Brawl i think.
Forward-Air: +- the same
Neutral-Air: Stronger in Melee

Dash Attack: Stronger in Brawl!

So, Brawl Ganondorf look nerfed because there's no L-cancel and he's laggy as hell without that :ohwell: but most of his attack are better in Brawl :)

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Wizard Kick Heavier lag on both normal cancel and rebounds, lower priority and can no longer be used as recovery since you don't get your 2nd jump back anymore.

Dark Dive No hit stun period and virtually zero knockback and assloads of lag.

Neutral A Laggier and slower than Melee

UpTilt Useless anyway

FTilt Less range and can't be angled now.

USmash Lost its double hit.

DSmash Can't combo, laggier and weaker and is nearly unusuable

BAirCan no longer be used as reliable approach and punisher due to the difficulty of trying to hit shorter characters.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Ya... SuperSmasher, it's true that Brawl Ganon is stronger and all, but...
He's REEEEEEAAALLY slow and laggy now, to the point that the speed of Melee Ganon far outweighs the strength of Brawl Ganon.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Wizard Kick Heavier lag on both normal cancel and rebounds, lower priority and can no longer be used as recovery since you don't get your 2nd jump back anymore.

Dark Dive No hit stun period and virtually zero knockback and assloads of lag.

Neutral A Laggier and slower than Melee

UpTilt Useless anyway

FTilt Less range and can't be angled now.

USmash Lost its double hit.

DSmash Can't combo, laggier and weaker and is nearly unusuable

BAirCan no longer be used as reliable approach and punisher due to the difficulty of trying to hit shorter characters.
I prefer the f-tilt and up-smash in Brawl than in Melee, actually.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Melee Ganon is way better..
But Brawl Ganon is way more fun to play imo.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I don't think neutral A is that much slower, to be honest. And it did get a nice range boost. The only downside is that it stays out longer.

I think Melee Ganondorf flowed better because of all the fast attacks (and dodge rolls) he'd inherited from Falcon. Moves like forward tilt, down tilt and up smash were very swift for such a slow character.

That said, Brawl Ganondorf is just as much fun to play as. I just wish forward air wasn't so laggy, and that the Dark Dive grab actually had some knockback. The loss of down B recovery was also a massive blow.

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
I don't think neutral A is that much slower, to be honest. And it did get a nice range boost. The only downside is that it stays out longer.

I think Melee Ganondorf flowed better because of all the fast attacks (and dodge rolls) he'd inherited from Falcon. Moves like forward tilt, down tilt and up smash were very swift for such a slow character.

That said, Brawl Ganondorf is just as much fun to play as. I just wish forward air wasn't so laggy, and that the Dark Dive grab actually had some knockback. The loss of down B recovery was also a massive blow.

the most legitimate argument thus far, for brawl ganondorf.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
That said, Brawl Ganondorf is just as much fun to play as. I just wish forward air wasn't so laggy
Its possible to fix that somewhat by fast falling the FAir, it seems to finish up a tiny bit quicker than a normal one.

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
okay so even if nobody reads it, i played some ganondorf today for like, 3 hours. and i can find alot of fun in brawl dorf. but im not sold against my old melee alt. <3

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Im not really sure, they ruined Ganons attack and speed but replaced some of his useless attacks with ones you can easily combo with.

Top Bottom