• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Dream Land or Capt.Falcon ?! ^^

(Or Isai ?! Wait.... Isai IS amazing !)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Zyx, that stage kicks so many levels of ***. Too bad we don't have any songs more fitting for it. :p
Also, what's the Peach texture supposed to be? Fit the dark theme.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
It's a Peach texture my friend (the guy who recorded this video for me) is making. I don't know if this texture represents someone or something ! ^^
I made a French tutorial, they are trying to make their own hacks now !

I think the battle theme from Street of Rage 1 can fit the stage. Do you want to make it ?! :p
(I have some troubles with loops...)

EDIT : Maybe this one : http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/streets-of-rage/znjzzyxjrn/03-fighting-in-the-street.mp3

I'll send you my final version. ^^

Steelia

Smash Champion
Haha, sweet, Tichinde; now the stage is in action. Can't wait to try out that combo. :)

Also, @Zyx, where's this French guide you made at? I would love to post a link of sorts on my site.

@Afro_Chris: Yep, Flat Zone is texture hackable... However... naturally, there are a few limitations. (I believe there are some files that remain black-and-white, even if you try to add color to them.) I just don't know what to do with that place, as it's so small.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
that ISAI texture is too good
^ got ninja'd :S

in response to that.. maybe make it look not-so-bad? idk why but it just looks so bad to me

maybe make some colorful oil/background/detailed tools/graffiti on the buildings?

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Yo, about the Wind, I believe its best that its left in there. That way it could still be used in Tournies, since nothing is changed!

in response to that.. maybe make it look not-so-bad? idk why but it just looks so bad to me

maybe make some colorful oil/background/detailed tools/graffiti on the buildings?
Thats how the buildings look, and it looks almost the exact same as the game cover/start screen:

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Yo, about the Wind, I believe its best that its left in there. That way it could still be used in Tournies, since nothing is changed!

Thats how the buildings look, and it looks almost the exact same as the game cover/start screen:

i was talking about improving flatzone

Steelia

Smash Champion
EDIT: Oh, whoops, didn't realize you were referring to Flat Zone, `DNS`. My bad. :p

Well... even if I did texture it, there's still the issue of how remarkably small it is... In the sense that, even when textured, who would "risk" playing on it regardless?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Oh, and does anyone have a collection of custom CSPs so I don't have to take snapshots and make them myselves?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NN7A7XUW

There you are, Gardevior... A majority of the CSPs for my textures, seen at my site. Note that a few are missing (Brawl-trophy Mewtwo, Mew, Shiny Mewtwo, Shadow Pichu, Brawl Mario, Brawl Luigi, Dark Young Link, Arceus... I think that's all). Hopefully that won't be too much of a problem.

And nice texture there, Afro_Chris! Not sure why it has black dots, though... Might be the emulator, or something, unless it was actually on the texture.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Hey i got a question on the _9.tga's on the type 2, wat if its not a solid colour or a white box, with some black, wat if its like txt_2132_9.tga (01Chest for white peach)? im like super new so i was trying to stay away from the _9 and _8 files, but i dont think i cant change her dress without them :S

thats wat i got so far

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Well... that depends. What texture editing program are you using, Photoshop, GIMP, etc.?

Steelia

Smash Champion
im using photoshop
Well... for starters, make sure the file isn't already pre-Indexed (I know I left some Indexed, so all you'd have to do is set the Mode back to RGB and re-Index it again later).
None of Peach's files have anything on their Alpha layers, so they have no transparency... so that shouldn't be a problem, if that's what you're thinking of. :)

And, make sure you're looking at her ALPHA layer, not at any of her R, G, or B layers.

Stellia with that CSP pack you released which files do you replace on the iso?
You have to convert those .TGA files into .TPL files, then paste them into MnSlChr.usd and then into the ISO that way, if that's what you mean. I released a CSP pack back on page 4 that contains all the character CSPs, so it shouldn't be too bad. It will require some hexing on your part.

dexia

Smash Apprentice
HI , I have a question, somebody know in what .ssm file is the sound of the roster window, te sound of open and closed the roster windows. ???

the sound of open and close of this window.

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ (LOL)

From what I hear... it's in the audio file "main.ssm" (make sure to edit the one in the "audio" folder, if you use the English voicings more).
After you extract the files, go somewhere between main75L and main85; SHOULD have the sound(s) you seek. :)

dexia

Smash Apprentice
^ (LOL)

From what I hear... it's in the audio file "main.ssm" (make sure to edit the one in the "audio" folder, if you use the English voicings more).
After you extract the files, go somewhere between main75L and main85; SHOULD have the sound(s) you seek. :)
thankc steelia. and now I remember, I have a question for you, the steps for hack stage selection portaits is same to the characters selection portaits???'

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm having a problem with CSPs. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's the error I get.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4430/cspprob.jpg

Any idea what's wrong?
Eheh... The C18 you've got there... It's actually supposed to be
CI8
(see-eye-eight) vs. (see-one-eight)

An easy mistake, no biggy. :lick:

thankc steelia. and now I remember, I have a question for you, the steps for hack stage selection portaits is same to the characters selection portaits???'
Correct... only, the stage icons are easier. They don't have transparency, so all you do is make 'em... convert 'em... and paste 'em. Good stuff.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Downloading stage right now. Looking forward to seeing it.
(Also, Zyx, was there any specific arena the stage was based after from its game...?)

70 - 00064540

There's your placement as well. (:

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Hum.. I'm not sure to understand your question. You mean, what Street of Rage stages did I use to create my Dream Land version ? I used the 2nd Round from Street of Rage 1 : http://www.streetsofrage.net/stage2.png
And the background is from the title screen of course ! ^^

Thanks for the placement ^^
(Have you got a "placements.txt" with all the placements for name's stages ?)

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
If you guys fully customize the CSP of the Stage and rename the Stage Name, May I please request that? (Even if this isnt a request topic :()

P.S.

Im sorry, but what you uploaded Zyx is not it :(

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thanks for the placement ^^
(Have you got a "placements.txt" with all the placements for name's stages ?)
'fraid not. All I've got with the Stage package is where to place the _8 files, not the names. (But those aren't hard to find, since they're about the same word-for-word.)

...By the way, as Tichinde pointed out, you uploaded the Super Mario RPG-themed stage instead of yours. XD

Top Bottom