• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
I do,

The program, hps_insert, will take a HPS file, two WAV files (hopefully L and R channels) and run dspadpcm on both of them, inserting them into a copy of the HPS, called "temp.hps". It also tells you info on each block of audio, such as its offset, its length in bytes, its length in seconds, and the total time up to that offset.

the problem is when i get here it gets an error making the HPS file

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i know this isnt a request thread

but i would cream my pants

if someone made a Toucan Sam texture hack for Falco

dexia

Smash Apprentice
can someone that have the stage selection portaits hacke upload it please :3
you know whti the follow textures:
-final destination
-peach castle
-yoshi's island
-dram land
-mushroom kingdom

I apreciate it =)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Already uploaded, dexia ~ here. (Located on page 4, post 51; very last link.)
Doesn't have the placements for the black-and-white files for the names... Those shouldn't be too hard to find in the hex, though, if you know what you're looking for. :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
can someone repost Zyx's dreamland-streets of rage texture? the link is dead and the first link was an SMRPG themed one

dexia

Smash Apprentice
Already uploaded, dexia ~ here. (Located on page 4, post 51; very last link.)
Doesn't have the placements for the black-and-white files for the names... Those shouldn't be too hard to find in the hex, though, if you know what you're looking for. :)
thanx steelia... but I talking about the MnSlMap.usd file already hacked with the stages that I enumerate in my other post =)
if you hav the map.usd file hacked in your melee can you upload it please????

can someone repost Zyx's dreamland-streets of rage texture? the link is dead and the first link was an SMRPG themed one
here http://www.mediafire.com/?o1mxj1yqcn5
=)

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
okay can someone point out HOW exactly do i make a loop point? please?

what do i do?
do i set a starting point at the first loop point and an then an ending point at the 2nd loop point?

then save? than split to mono?

also how can I save my WAV files to 32000 hz... there is no setting for it goldwave, it only resamples when you sound edit but when you save it saves the wav in 32000 hz

what audio editor are you guys using?

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
okay can someone point out HOW exactly do i make a loop point? please?

what do i do?
do i set a starting point at the first loop point and an then an ending point at the 2nd loop point?

then save? than split to mono?

also how can I save my WAV files to 32000 hz... there is no setting for it goldwave, it only resamples when you sound edit but when you save it saves the wav in 32000 hz

what audio editor are you guys using?
I dont put loop points on the audio file themselves.

I do it through hex.

I just followed GodFed's Audio guide word for word in the Hex Section.

These are the only Audio Tools that I use: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GAE510W9

I use Wavosaur, which is included in the link.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Everytime I run Gamecube Backup Launcher it goes black and then restarts... halp ? :/
You don't have the correct files.
  1. Install Waninkoko's cios rev17 via Cios Installer Rev17
  2. Install a MIOS via Waninkoko's MIOS Installer v 5
  3. Patch the MIOS via MIOS Patcher

And those are everything your wii needs to be able to read the gamecube discs. I can't give out any links on smashboards, sorry, but a quick google search will find you all of these I'm sure.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I've done all of those(in no particular order though) and I'm almost 100% sure that I burned my disk right.

Since I don't get internet access it makes it a ***** but I'll do it all in that order and stuff. Will come back later today, <3 guys (: (I already have all of the files so it shouldnt take long)

* WORKS *

<3 you thx

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've found the offset placements for the Ice Climbers' red team outfit if anyone is wondering about them. ALL texture parts are in CMPR format, so you won't have to worry about doing any indexing.

Code:
---------------------
PlPpRe.dat - Nana's red outfit

01 - 107e0
21 - 187e0
20 - 197e0
19 - 1b7e0
02 - 1c7e0
03 - 1cbe0
04 - 1cc60
05 - 1ec60
06 - 20c60
07 - 22c60
08 - 24c60
09 - 24ce0
10 - 26ce0
11 - 28ce0
12 - 2ace0
13 - 2cce0
22 - 2d0e0
23 - 2f0e0
24 - 300e0
25 - 310e0
16 - 314e0
18 - 334e0
17 - 354e0
14 - 374e0
15 - 3b4e0

26 - 3cb60
27 - 44b60
28 - 4cb60
---------------------
PlNnWh.dat - Popo's white outfit

01 - 107c0
21 - 187c0
20 - 197c0
19 - 1b7c0
02 - 1c7c0
03 - 1cbc0
04 - 1cc40
05 - 1ec40
06 - 20c40
07 - 22c40
08 - 24c40
09 - 24cc0
10 - 26cc0
11 - 28cc0
12 - 2acc0
13 - 2ccc0
22 - 2d0c0
23 - 2f0c0
24 - 300c0
25 - 310c0
16 - 314c0
18 - 334c0
17 - 354c0
14 - 374c0
15 - 3b4c0

26 - 3cb40
27 - 44b40
28 - 4cb40
---------------------

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How can you find the offsets yourself?
Is there a "Finding texture offsets for clueless people" guide or something?
Sometimes you just get lucky. I was also pretty lucky with figuring out the offset placements for the Red Kirby and Blue Kirby.

Of course, I did look at the offset placements for the default colors as a bit of a reference.

Strangely enough, when I was finding the offset placements for the Red Kirby and Blue Kirby, I did discover that the Blue Kirby's Falco Cap only has 11 texture parts, instead of 12.

revel8n

Smash Cadet
Guess i will finally post something.

Over on the emutalk.net forums (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=50312) a few of us have been looking into the various details of the Melee formats. There have been a number of things that i feel may be of use to those here that are hacking things manually, and there should be something coming, soon hopefully, that will help automate things a bit. i mainly posted to relay that i have release a binary template file for the 010 Editor (www.sweetscape.com) that should be helpful to those of you who are comfortable with using a hex editor. The script should show you the location of every valid file offset as well as the beginning of each data structure present in the .dat format for Melee. There are a number of structures not present in the template that are already mostly know, and some of them have been discussed in the various posts in the thread. i would really appreciate it if any of you that are interested could try the templates out, or if necessary convert them into forms for other editors, but overall i am curious to know if they are helpful to those of you that are currently attempting to find offsets manually.

If there are any questions on the format, i have no problem answering questions or helping to find answers. As i said i hope to have a more complete mapping of the various .dat file internals in the near future. Still a bit of reverse engineering left, but i figured the knowledge outlined may even help those of you with a bit of time to play around with things get to a point where even more than i know now can be deciphered quicker. i hope to continue further with details of other formats as well once .dat's are finished.

Good luck with your hacks.

Steelia

Smash Champion
'ey, welcome, revel8n, glad to see you posting in here. (:

In regards to the script you made... would you happen to have an approximate time as to when it will be released? Maybe not as a whole, a "beta" version even, just out of curiosity. (And if you did, what format would it have to be saved in, if not already in its proper format?)

revel8n

Smash Cadet
i already released a simple version of it. Tcll linked to his version of it on his site if you do not want to look through all the posts on emutalk. (http://smashbrosfiles.blogspot.com/) As i mentioned it is currently for 010 Editor. As i figure more things out and clean up the structures, things will be turned into code to view and convert the known data into various formats. The thread posts have a number of things relevant to the texture and mesh information found in the .dat files, as well as more general structure and layout of the formats. i believe Milun already mentioned some of the things regarding the initial python conversion effort that is also presented in the threads. i don't currently have a real date set for a more complete viewer/converter. But just thought it might be useful to some looking for offsets and possibly other information about the files. The more experimentation the better as it should help validate the current findings.

n0ne

Smash Ace
hi everyone I have 2 requests.

1- Steelia, can u plz upload the brawl textures and solid snake that was requested earlier too? PLZ

2- Can anybody post a .txt file with the names of the .dat files for all the colors of each character? Ive really been reading and have not found that info... and would like it because I only know the names of the .dat files for the neutral colors...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
generally you can assume the colors from the last two letters of the file.
example
Re - Red
Gr - Green
Bu - Blue
Wh - White
Ye - Yellow
La - Lavender

etc.

n0ne

Smash Ace
yup, i already figured that out, but ive been on trial and error with the other part of the names with textures i already downloaded... but im kinda tired of it...
And anyways, it would help with any future reference for anyone who needed it...
Also, the file names for the stages audio files. I think it would be a good idea for anyone who needed it...

PS... PLZ Steelia... SOLID SNAKE for white color... i personally hate it...

SleepyK

if you have vgmstream you can generally figure it out by playing the audio files themselves...
but i certainly would see benefit in making it easier. you wouldn't need the sfx i assume.

i'll do it when i have some free time.

incomplete list off the top of my head - will edit/organize over time

Music

Battlefield
Primary - sp_zako.hps
Alternate - hyaku.hps

Menu
Primary - menu01.hps
Alternate - menu3.hps
Trophy Menu - menu02.hps

Yoshi's Story
ystory.hps

Fountain of Dreams
izumi.hps

Pokefloats
pura.hps

Pokemon Stadium
Primary - pstadium.hps
Alternate - pokesta.hps

Dreamland 64
old_kb.hps

Rainbow Cruise
rcruise.hps

Final Destination
Primary - sp_end.hps
Alternate - hyaku2.hps

Kongo Jungle
garden.hps

Corneria
corneria.hps

Brinstar
zebes.hps

Princess Peach's Castle
castle.hps

Brinstar Depths
kraid.hps

Fire Emblem/Hyrule Temple
akaneia.hps

Winning Songs
Marth/Roy
ff_emb.hps

Movies

Opening movie
opening.hps

n0ne

Smash Ace
Nice. Apreciate it.

EDIT: Also , to anyone who can help me, i applied the fix for no more YES after knee and a few hits... and it DID work, but there are still a lot of hits that still say YES. Anyone know something about this? the fix supposedly was a main.dat that made the game normal again, but it only semi fixes.

EDIT 2 : nvm, i found it out. Looks like there are 2 main.dats inside gcroot... so i just copied them both back from original copy of melee

EDIT 3: well, I.B gave me the snake texture, so... the other ones would really sufice tho.

SleepyK

we actually were working on it. his taunt is already from mvc2 :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

SleepyK

there are too many non stack smash textures that aren't listed, lol. you can find a lot of them going through the pages of this thread, though.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Question.. Ive burned about 7 hacked melees experimenting on this... but.. is it normal for my wii to read the copy ok 100%, while on a friends cube it always is giving me an error has ocurred msg? it really looks like the cube is striving to read the disc, I mean it enters from the gc bios , but sometime in-game it always has reading problems at one place or another. Funny thing is, I have another version of hacked melee i got off raynex, and it reads it smoothly. Either of the versions read excelent on my wii tho.

Is there a factor or some of the hacks that make the disc ``HEAVIER`` to read or something? cause i cant find an explanation.

Ive been burning on Ridata white disc and on Ridata grey labeled one. Imgburn, 2x only cause the disc doesnt let me burn at 1x

Top Bottom