• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in the M.I.A.: Miami In Action 2

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
**I've had to change the date to February 5th, but this date is SOLID.

I've decided to keep my word and make another Melee tourney for the 305 area. Expecting 20+ ppl since I'm giving alot more notice than last time, so bring the HYPE! I even made a FLYER for those who wish to put their friends on the hype train aswell :D

5701 Sunset Drive
Miami FL, 33143
(2nd floor of Sunset Place)

Entry Fees
Venue Fee (Entry Fee) - $5.00
Singles (1v1 Battles) - $10.00
Doubles (Team Battles) - $20.00 ($10 Per team mate)
($25 total per player if you enter both events)

Schedule
Signups/Warmups – 11:00AM – 2:30PM
Doubles- 2:30PM
Singles right after doubles and be done by 8-9 PM
and venue closes at midnight, so stay as long as you want.

Prize Payouts:
Singles:
1st place – 50%
2nd place – 25%
3rd place – 15%
4th place -- 10%

Doubles:
1st place – 65%
2nd place – 25%
3rd place – 10%

Ruleset:

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is banned
* You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
* Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
* Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
* Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
* Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.

Doubles rules are same, except:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly fire is ON

Neutrals 1v1:
*Final Destination
*Battlefield
*Fountain of Dreams
*Yoshi's Story
*Dreamland 64

Counterpick 1v1:
*Pokemon Stadium
*Kongo Jungle 64

Neutrals 2v2:
*Final Destination
*Battlefield
*Yoshi's Story
*Dreamland 64
*Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
*Kongo Jungle 64
*Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

The player choice clause!: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stay.

***PM me if you have a TV you can bring, as I will waive the entrance and singles fees if you do.

AND ALWAYS BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
You just saved yourself $15 my friend. You bringing your cousin again? His Marth has definetely progressed over time.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm sure he would like to come. I recently hooked him up with a setup so he can play at his house. I hope he's been using it.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Imma look into this too although money might prohibit me from making this.

I got noob 2 week b4 this then gotta save money for my car.

I"ll try none the less.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Imma look into this too although money might prohibit me from making this.

I got noob 2 week b4 this then gotta save money for my car.

I"ll try none the less.
It would be great to see you here. I need mad help with tech chasing with sheik. I wish you good luck at NOOB, I wish I could go, but I have no way up to Orlando (shrugs)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
haha ok cool man i can help you with that.

Tech chasing for me is done off reaction so its just practice man. also watch some top level sheiks amsah kirbykaze overtriforce etc vids man.

on that note again i will see. blea wanna do team my partner picks up my **** again if i come?

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Will do, just need to find me a cheap TV to play on, as all Ive got in my houze is HD flatscreens... Kinda kills any possible techskill that I can get. Plus, CPU's dont ever tech grabs...

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
(Sorry for double post) but I'm changing the date to February 5th, so 2link, please change it on the FL thread if you see this.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
You know... You guys really need to pay attention to tourney dates. Gainesville had this date almost a month before this post even existed. It hurts us both. :(

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
I understand that, but anyone that's willing to go to RAGE was never planning on going 350 miles South to a Melee tourney like mine. I had no choice, cuz I wasn't willing to put it back an entire month since no one from NFL or CFL would consider comin to my toruney anyhow (shrugs)

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Well you almost guarantee yourself bad attendance by putting on the 5th. It's only 1.5 more hours from CFL to go south to you guys as opposed to gainesville.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I see what your saying darius.

btw are some of those players from the last one gonna be there? like the c falcon (think his name was punisherx)?

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
I certanily hope so, I definetely want to rematch him and his fox friend w/ my improved sheik

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
thank you for the bump bro :D Amazing how low its been for a while, since ESAM and his Brawl buddies we're debating on why it was bad to schedule on the 5th since Ryo's tourney, which is 300+ miles from here, yet I'm less than 50.... Guy's tryin to kill my attendance...

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I don't really see how he's trying to kill your attendance when it's a brawl tourney in a different venue lol.

I'm going to ESAM's next week(I wouldn't have been able to come to this since I don't have a car to go this far south). I thought I'd ask how attendance for this is looking. Been a while since I looked in here.

:rosalina:

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure exactly. Last time, I posted it only a week in advance yet atleast 15 ppl came, so who knows what we'll get next, with Crytik, Flamin Roy, Blea already likely to come, I'm thinking around 20+

There was probably going to be some Brawl players like you and Seibrik coming, but oh well...

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
So everybody knows, the place opens at 12 noon, and closes at 12 midnight. I hope to see and play everybody that comes (especially Nica) :bee:

DannyG

Smash Cadet
Ok so I made an account on smashboards to try to keep in touch with everyone better. I guess this is what my tag is gonna be? Just wanted to say thanks to Darius for holding the tourney and everyone there for making it a great experience, including afterwards at ZP.

Oh, I suppose to clarify I would be the ganon main.

And now the obligatory shout-out reel :

Darius - Thanks for holding the tourney. You were awesome, hope we can do it again.

Blea, Eli, Nica, Roy : Each one of you opened me up to a whole new world of *** kicking. Thanks, can't wait until next time.

Cryptik : Fox dittos? You were too cool. Had fun talking in the car :)

Ok see you folks in the social thread.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
YO DANIEL!!! I suggest you put all of that into the results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297079 and to start posting up in this social thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253089 so that you can fully join in the SFL community. The Florida thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386 which I suggest subscribing to and constantly looking at for info on tourneys and contact info. (also subscribe to the social thread so you can easily find your way back to it.

Welcome to SFL my friend, and I look forward to playing with you again.

Top Bottom