• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in the MIA

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Time Saturday, December 4 · 11:00am - 9:30pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Scorpico at Sunset Mall
5701 Sunset Drive Suite: 268
Miami, FL

Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $5 per person

Prize winnnings: Singles
1st= 50% of the pot ($100 or more depending on amount of ppl)
2nd=25% of the pot ($40+)
3rd=15% of the pot ($25+)
4th=10% of the pot ($20+)
Doubles winnings:
1st= 65% of pot (Same as singles)
2nd=25% of pot
3rd=10% of pot

Bring your own controllers!!!! If you can bring in your system, Melee disc, game recording device (Dazzle), or extra controllers, then message me and you wont have to pay the entrance fee :D
Double-elimination Style tournament, best 2 out of 3 rounds, with Semi-final and Final sets being best 3 out of 5.

Ruleset: No items, 4 stocks, 8 minute matches, with double-blind picks for characters on the first match.
Games will start w/ random select of neutral stages, then the loser will pick a neutral or counterpick stage.

Singles:
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, and Dreamland 64
Counterpicks: Pokemon Stadium and Kongo Jungle 64
Losers chooses character after winner, then loser picks stage

Doubles:
Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, and Dreamland 64
Counterpicks: Kongo Jungle 64
Stock-sharing is allowed
Friendly fire on

No glitches or stalling techniques ( Peach Wall Bomber, Rising Pound, Ice Climbers' freeze glitch, etc.)
Dave's stupid rule in effect: Loser cannot pick a stage that has already been played in the set.
As with the first match, players can strike stages from the opponent's selection.

Money matches and friendlies will be played before and afte the tournaments are over, just tell either of the hosts who and where :)

Remember guys, its all for the fun and the prize money :D

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, I appreciate it. You're free to join my friend :D DO I may not have a laptop, but see if you can find a way to record the main games and post on youtube once we'ree done

Two-Ell

Smash Master
wow when I thought about it and looked at the FL thread. There's pretty much not one Melee tourney going on in CFL or SFL this weekend. Good job stepping up and hosting something for this week.

:rosalina:

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
There is only one problem I have. I have SATs this saturday so I was wondering when I could get there. I should be there by atleast 12.

Edit-And the standard fee is 10 bucks for singles and 20 per team(10 per player). Just saying... Don't know if you want to change it or leave it at 5.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Lower fee might be an incentive to some people.(at least for me if I were able to get there lol) Up to you in the end ofc

Standard is usually 10

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, its fine, I'm probably not starting the tourney till 1-2pm, so I just wanted to have a bunch of friendlies for the guys that need to warm-up their old skills

i would, but I want to make sure everyone could afford it. $25 is alot for a bunch of high school guys just lookin to have some fun. Maybe another time when we get some more smashers from SFL.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought about that. Newer players to the scene would probably prefer a lower fee but I was just informing him of the standard price at most tournaments. Not forcing anything on him.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Just trying to get as many ppl as possible for us to whoop :D Hopefully we can team for the doubles tourney since I got no one else

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thats alrite :)

Hey 2link, do you know of any easy way to create double-elim brackets, and what to do about pools if there more than 30 ppl? Help is greatly aprreciated

Two-Ell

Smash Master
http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

Here's a link to Tio. That page also has links to a user guide and what not. Hmm pools? well they're an awesome way for people to get more bang for their buck. You need to really think about time though. I'm sure Melee Pools aren't really as bad as Brawl's is in terms of length, but you'll need to make sure you keep to your schedule.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
You're kinda discouraging people from posting in here when you constantly bump the thread like this. Plus it's against the site rules to be doing that.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
hmm it's fine. It's just frowned on to double post(posting after yourself) in forums. A better way to get word out on your tournament would be to go to social threads for your region of FL and post your tournament in there to see if you can garner interest.

Since you live in South FL, what you should do is go here to advertise.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253089

Don't be too pushy with it though. Just use it to grab their interest.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
yo no one in our area knows about this. well i would have came but i work.

i honestly think if ur trying to have a tournament u should postpone it if you want a good response. we are very busy. many of us school work family friends girlfriends have things we do. im sure we would like to know in advance to plan acordingly.

anyway i"ll try and go to the next one :).

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
I will try to plan another one next month, I just wanted to have a year-end tourney before everyone goes off for winter vacation :D

Top Bottom