• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee It On Me podcast! Join the MIOM Facebook Group!

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Melee, kid, you're in the big leagues now.

Who the **** lets party games into a fighting game tournament?
We need more good photoshoppers on SWF.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
I've been out of the game for a while now, and I'm sure most of you don't know who I am, but it's been such a joy watching this drive grow and grow over the past few weeks. There was a point when the smash community was everything to me, and even though I haven't been to a tournament in years it still means the world. You guys came up big when it mattered and more importantly than getting to EVO you raised almost $100k for charity.
It's absolutely incredible, and anyone that helped out at all, whether its donating $1000 or $1 or just sharing the drive with your friends, should be proud to be a part of this.

Congrats guys, I'll see you at EVO.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I lost my step mother to the disease, and I've never been prouder of the community.

We now officially have exposure, a possibly unprecedented amount of it. We now must plan ahead to ensure the impression we leave is the best of us. Remember, publicity on this scale could, to some extent, be a double edged sword if not handled appropriately.

EDIT:
Let's be gracious in victory, everyone.
This is crucial.

Revven

FrankerZ
I lost my step mother to the disease, and I've never been prouder of the community.

We now officially have exposure, a possibly unprecedented amount of it. We now must plan ahead to ensure the impression we leave is the best of us. Remember, publicity on this scale could, to some extent, be a double edged sword if not handled appropriately.

EDIT:
This is crucial.
IMO, there should be a whole thread about how everybody should present themselves from here on out and at Evo 2013.

Varist

Smash Lord
This hyped me up to no longer suck at this game and pursue the scene in which I've had access to.
all the grammar at the end just sort of fell apart in the midst of the hype

get hype

errybody in the FGC thinks SSBB won loool

no1 nos bout meley

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey Scarrrrrr, what do you think about meeting up with Ultradavid and James Chen for a session going over Melee on one of their shows?

Here's their twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
Here's their twitter pages: https://twitter.com/jchensor & https://twitter.com/ultradavid
Here's their facebook group for their show(s): http://www.facebook.com/UltraChenTV
Here's their twitter for their show(s): https://twitter.com/UltraChenTV

And finally here's some examples where they had demonstrated other games to players unfamiliar with it by having someone from their community join them on the show:

Soul Calibur V
Skullgirls
Virtua Fighter

You don't have to watch all of them, but checking out a few minutes of each to get a gist of what they do in them would be a good idea before you talk to them.

I would REALLY like to see this happen. It would be such good timing and a great way to get people hyped for Smash and I'm sure as hell they would be up for it. They both live in Cali by the way.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Revven that is an astonishingly amazing idea and I'll go for it ASAP - probably send out some tweets / PMs tonight

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Wow, it seems like Scar is essentially becoming the face of our community. That's really cool.

I'm glad he's better looking than PP, too. He's definitely making our community look nice.
Doctor PeePee Dr. PP PPMD Dr.PP Namesearch this Kevin, I'm taking down your Falco on Saturday.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Scar you should try and get Justin Wong(or another high level player) on the show and talk to him bout his opinions on the game and such.

:phone:

leffen

Smash Champion
The smash lab 2 is currently live over at @twitch.tv/bobby_scar

oh and I got banned from the chat because during the donation drive when the chat was insane I wrote "anyone wanna do a skype chat so you can actually discuss something?" ONCE and which there came nothing from...

scar took this as me trying to rebel...

LMAOAOAOAo
LMAOAOAOAO

Revven

FrankerZ
So, tonight is another episode? I assume it's going to talk about us winning and going to Evo etc.

In light of that, ya'll should talk about Road to Evo stuff. Like, the fact we're not going to be at UFGT9 or CEO. However, we are going to be at Winter Brawl 7 (this should be heavily mentioned tonight so more awareness is brought to it since it was confirmed on such short notice). We missed SCR but we still have NCR (NorCal Regionals) as a possibility to have Melee there. Stuff like that. What can we expect to do if we're not going to be at the other Evo qualifiers... like how will top players get seeding points for the Evo bracket.

And also mention Evo will likely be bracket pools.

Just some food for thought, I guess.

Scar

#HarveyDent
BUMP! Next episode TONIGHT! In like 1hr from this post (lol)

Topics to be discussed:
*More Melee @ EVO <3
*What makes a great tournament?

Call in regarding either!

Revven

FrankerZ
Ooooh, I wonder if that has anything to do with Valle's tease from last week...

Possibility of Melee at Wednesday Night Fights?

Scar

#HarveyDent
HUGE episode coming up tomorrow! We will be discussing tournaments! Follow twitch.tv/bobby_scar and mark your calendars for tomorrow at 6pm PST (9pm EST)! And prepare some questions to call in!!!

• Melee at EVO and Mainstream FGC Tournies!
  • NorCal Tournament Feedback Survey - AMAZING Responses!!!!!!!!
  • What makes an amazing tournament?

Top Bottom