• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee journal/compilation of articles

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I would like compile a handful of articles into a journal to be released to the melee community. This would be similar in a way to the knowledge thread here on the boards in that it would be a a collection of in depth information of particular melee subjects; however, the articles should be on topics that focus on things like: theory, current competitive state of the game, current tactics and their viability, styles, players, competitive theory, shield pressure, or ever thoughts on the tier list. Basically anything else could be written about, as long as it pertains to melee. And the type of information in the article doesn't have to be for any particular group, it could be for beginners, high level players, the community as a whole. The articles also shouldn't be the same type of thing, like guides or discussions. I'd like to have a good mix of different types.

If there are enough people interested in doing this then a few things will have to be setup first:

1.) We need knowledgeable players (You don't need to be a player that's getting top 5 at every tournament you go to, just know what you're talking about and make sure you can explain it) to write about topics and submit them. I think any style of writing would be acceptable as long as explains the idea and others can understand it, is neat, pertains to melee, and has correct spelling and grammar.

2.) We'll need another group of knowledgeable players who can determine what articles are acceptable and which ones are not (verifying information, checking spelling, working with each other, and so on).

3.) Someone will need to organize the articles in a way that makes sense and possibly write an introduction to the whole thing.

Keep in mind that this isn't just a bunch of "how to get better" or technical guides. Like I said above you could write about the current metagame, theory, specific tactics, maybe some player history or comparing of time periods. I know players like Cactaur, Dr. Peepee, JesiahTEG, and many others have written a lot on the boards about many different subjects. There's a lot to write about in all aspects of the scene, so if you're interested in participating in any way, then leave a reply.

Myztek

Smash Ace
I love writing articles, and I don't intend to stop. Really, a post with a lot of links to threads/posts with valuable information could be made, organized by category or topic, and that would be an awesome start.

Smash Apprentice
I would be interested in getting in on this also. I play this game religiously AND though I haven't exactly made any sort of name for myself, I have been playing for almost a decade and have been quietly observing and studying for the same amount of time. This would be right up my alley.

I would also be supportive of some sort of smash wiki revitalization, just saying. :p

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Excellent, I'm glad some people are interested so far. Myztek, I've seen some of your threads/posts and thoroughly enjoyed reading them. If you have any other topics you may want to speak your mind on, then please post something up. And 00000001 I'd like to read anything you write about as well. Older posts that have been made (I believe you wrote one on spacing myztek) could be added in as well.

Do either of you have a topic or topics you'd like to write about?

Smash Apprentice
Excellent, I'm glad some people are interested so far. Myztek, I've seen some of your threads/posts and thoroughly enjoyed reading them. If you have any other topics you may want to speak your mind on, then please post something up. And 00000001 I'd like to read anything you write about as well. Older posts that have been made (I believe you wrote one on spacing myztek) could be added in as well.

Do either of you have a topic or topics you'd like to write about?
Just about any aspect of the game I'd be willing to forray into and explain/research as in depth as I possibly could.

I haven't written anything here that hasn't already been written about several times, but as I said, I'm all for fresh new material and a decent repository of such. I write technical documents at my job so I know a bit about the process. Just let me know :)

Top Bottom