• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Match-Up Chart (NTSC) [Update 008 - 09.09.28]

unknown522

Some guy
it probably is actually. it's more like 65-35 but it rounds up to 7-3, whereas sheik vs marth is 60-40 and comes down to 6-4. take it up with them, though, cause I didn't make it. that's just my guess.
I'm not sure, because I didn't make these singe-digit changes.

They should both be 65-35.

Falcon actually gets combo'd harder than marth, but marth has a harder time killing sheik. They both have their issues with landing hits on sheik altogether.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
falcon gets comboed harder than marth by sheik? i'm no so sure.... sheik can tech chase falcon but doesn't auto combo from zero.

Falcon actually has the tools to bait and punish sheik in his speed and all of his hits lead into more hits. The problem with falcon in every match-up is getting the initial hit.

Marth however, relies on keeping people at tip length or farther. Most of the time, marth can swing his sword and get an another attack out before the punish arrives. Against sheik this is almost never the case thanks to dash attack and grab. Not to mention sheik can stay outside his sword and needle and marth has no option but to close the distance. When he does, she can slide forward and shield any attack (then grab->****) and spotdodge any grab. Marth has to rely on predicting dodges and rolls and then also work on punishing them consistantly (i have a hard time with this as marth, rolls are hard to punish when you have to tip or get cc->tilt->*****)

basically what i'm saying is, how bad falcon vs sheik is is exaggerated. If marth vs sheik is 60-40 then sheik vs falcon is 55-45 or less.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya well as soon as Falcon gets knocked down on the ground, it's a stock which is why the matchup is so in favor of Sheik vs Falcon.. just because of that, these days it's pretty much an impossible matchup lol. Even at RoM 2 I've seen the Sheiks just do whatever they want on Falcon mains, it's so ridiculous. Also watch m2k vs Darkrain gg. =/

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Since this chart is incorrect and very inactive now, I'm stepping up to lead the project of the Match-Up Chart. Here's the new topic.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
She does. =/ It's like the worst higher tier matchup. The only other ones I can think of are maybe Fox vs Jiggs or Falco vs Jiggs.

Edit: Actually Fox vs Jiggs isn't even that bad for Jiggs in the current metagame. Sheik vs Falcon is the worst higher tier matchup I think.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sheik ***** falcon. it's probably the worst matchup for him, other than falco.

marth does only a little better against sheik, but you have to completely change your playstyle.

Smash Master
Someone should make a chart with just three categories: Even, Advantage, and Disadvantage. Then people will realize that more intervals > fewer intervals.

Top Bottom