• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee! Maybe Brawl and/or 64 as well! Fundraising... - April 20th, 2013 - Searcy, AR

Would you like to have a Brawl and/or 64 tourney as well?

• Total voters

redongor

Smash Rookie
UCF Tourney #1
Ukrainian Children Fundraising Tourney!
What is it?
  • A tournament to raise funds for teams of people to go help with Ukrainian children summer sports camps!
  • A lot of fun!
When is it?
  • April 20th, 2013!
  • 2PM to Midnight (full schedule details below)
Where is it?
  • Harding University, Searcy, AR
  • Mabee Business Building, Room 111
Why attend?
  • Because you want to!
What are the prizes?
  • Prizes will be insignificant. Even for first place, do not expect to get something extravagant! This is a fundraising tourney, and as such all entry fees will be going straight to the teams going to Ukraine.
  • Rest assured, first place will be getting something! Probably $10 for the first place winner of the Amateur singles tourney, and a brand new, unopened white gamecube controller to the first place winner of the Pro singles tourney.
  • More about Pro/Amateur below.
So, what is the entry fee? Venue fee?
  • THERE IS NO VENUE FEE :happysheep:
  • Entry fee will be $7.00 for your first tourney, and $3.00 for every other tourney you enter. There will be singles and doubles tourneys running for Melee, as well as the same for 64 and/or Brawl, depending on interest expressed here in the poll!
What about food? You got any of that?
  • Little Caesar's Pizza will be provided for late lunch and late dinner for a nominal fee, as well as soft drinks.
What about housing?
  • You MAY be able to stay with some students in their dorm rooms. Once again, this is a definite MAYBE. Contact me at my phone number listed below if you need to stay with a student. I'll see what I can work out, BUT NO GUARANTEES.
  • There are several cheap hotels scattered around Searcy, some even as low as $50/night.
Should I bring a setup?
  • YES! PLEASE BRING AS MANY SETUPS AS YOU CAN!
  • Unfortunately, I cannot waive fees for bringing setups. This is a fundraising tourney, and there is no venue fee, so waiving the entry fees for everyone who brings a setup would kind of defeat the purpose.
So, about that Pro/Amateur stuff?
  • There will be a lot of students from my school that haven't even heard of wavedashing or other advanced techniques, and are competing purely for the fun of it. As such, players will be split, based upon their own judgement, into the Pro tourney and the Amateur tourney.
  • To be placed in one of these, say which you want to be in in the comments below.
  • If you do not let me know before the tourney, I will ask you upon registering.
What is the schedule?
  • 2PM: Registration Ends! YOU CANNOT REGISTER AFTER 2PM!!! GET THERE BEFORE THEN OR GET REGISTERED BEFORE THE DATE BY RSVPING AND LETTING ME KNOW YOUR SINGLES/DOUBLES AND PRO/AMATEUR INTERESTS IN A COMMENT!!!!!
  • The rest of the schedule will be filled out as different tourneys are decided upon.
What are the Tourney Rules?
  • 4 Stock
  • 8 Minute time limit
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • All sets are best of 3, except semi-finals and finals rounds, which are best of 5
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponents character selection for both players.
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a stock and percentage tie, a one-stock match will be played.
  • Wobbling is not allowed.

Stage List:
  • Singles (Melee)
    • Yoshi's Story
    • Fountain of Dreams
    • Final Destination
    • Dreamland
    • Battlefield
  • Doubles (Melee)
    • Yoshi's Story
    • Pokemon Stadium
    • Final Destination
    • Dreamland
    • Battlefield

How to contact me:
If I left anything out, or you have a question,
PM me or leave a comment!

redongor

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be there :D

Make your text seeable, btw.
Awesome, glad you're coming!

Haha oh wow thanks. I was wondering where it all went... I've been studying so this smiley kind of represents my brain right now. Kind of. :joyful:But not entirely.

Top Bottom