• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee music changed?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Did anyone notice that it seems like different instruments are used to the same audio in the recreated melee music? This is particularly noticeable in the Icicle mountain music (different organ), and the Super Mario Bros. 3 theme (different guitar).

Melee's battlefield theme... whistling?

Is it just my headphones/TV?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah a few Melee songs have been edited at a few spots. However, I've seen no changes to Melee's Final Destination nor the Giga Bowser BGM.

NinTOONdo

Smash Rookie
Premium
You're not crazy, they did change the instruments for it, there's even videos on YouTube using the SpongeBob Meme of Wrong Notes to reference this fact too, lol.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed, to me it’s a lot clear with Icicle Mountain in brawl

orrgaaszm

Smash Rookie
Candy Crush said: Did anyone notice that it seems like different instruments are used to the same audio in the recreated melee music? This is particularly noticeable in the Icicle mountain music (different organ), and the Super Mario Bros. 3 theme (different guitar).

Melee's battlefield theme... whistling?

Is it just my headphones/TV?
Yeah a few Melee songs have been edited at a few spots.

Last edited:

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Brawl messed with some of the Melee songs, Icicle mountian, Super Mario Bros 3, and Melee Battlefield are the obvious examples

Top Bottom