• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee online for the Wii? Can Wii make it happen?

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
I made a post a long time ago about the same topic. With all the amazing stuff that is happening to Brawl, along with the changes to the cheat programs themselves used to do this, I am wondering if our amazingly talented group of coders could make another dream come true.

Here is the link to the old thread I made almost a year ago:

Melee online for the Wii? Wii can make it happen.

Basically, what it amounts to is finding a way to boot an already existing Gamecube app (gcars) with the Wii. If this can be done, then online Melee would be possible on a very wide scale (at least as wide as Brawl+ currently is).

Can this community breathe life back into Melee?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Melee can already been done online through some Gamecube hackery, and soon (If not now,) emulation.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
It would be cool, but everyone here hates online. :laugh:
And it kinda sounds impossible to me. :/ I remember seeing a vid on Youtube of people playing Melee online, it involved Action Replay and some network configurations. We could try that.

Top Bottom