• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee or Brawl? First week results up. [Second week results go up 6/05]

Which would you rather play?

• Melee

Votes: 89 62.2%
  • Brawl

Votes: 54 37.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiseman

Smash Rookie
Brawl takes exponential amount of mindgames to be professional at the game. while melee takes wild erotic movements to make yourself unpredictable to your opponents leaving them guessing on how to get around your techniques. Nevertheless both game are very enjoyable if I do say so myself. Thats my philophy for both games.

The definition of philosophy is a difficult matter, and many definitions of philosophy begin by stating its difficulty. A review of standard reference works suggests that there is a broad agreement among the philosophers who write these reference works, as to what the definition actually is.

wiseman

Smash Rookie
Ah I heard of of such stories of the mk player that could not stop presssing the B button interesting.....
Well recently snake players have been overcoming the hardships of mk's harsh style vs the majority of the characters.

The snake is prows fiercily but cannot scrach it's back because it is the zoo people are aware of that the snakes have no arms and wishes to scratch its back

wiseman

Smash Rookie
The snake is prowls fiercely but cannot scratch it's back because it is the zoo people are aware of that the snake have no arms and wishes to scratch its back

AfroQT

Smash Master
Afro, cmon bro, you cant be seriously defending how much you LOVE brawl or enjoy playing it. After gigs you were talking about quitting and ranting about how the game was completely stupid.

But suddenly when you win $700 in one weekend "brawl is the best!!!!".

Im just going with the flow and I respect brawl players but when they try to argue that melee had a more dominant character winning base I cant help but to laugh.

Brawl is extremely unbalanced, and even though matchups were tough in melee, they were never completely, utterly impossible(DK vs D3, Marth vs Ness).

I played ganon in melee and did very well against sheiks even though it was regarded as one of the game's worst matchups.
Basically it's not comparable.
You didnt see the match when i used D3 and got "B"'d down.

K but since everyones bein a **** ridin ***got and wants to go against me thats cool.
You guys can have your melee

I wreck all your a$$es so bad at brawl anyway.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Check the results thread.

A wario got 1st and 3rd place.
EAT IT F@GGOTS.
Someone explain this? Wario is not snake, OR Metaknight.
AND CALIFORNIA? OH MAH GAWD THATS LIKE THE BEST EVERERERERERER?
WHATS THE EXPLANATION? IS WARIO NOW TOP TIER? CAN HE TRANSFORM INTO SNAKE?

EDIT:
ONLY SNAKE AND MK WILL WIN TOURNEYS
CLEARLY

AfroQT

Smash Master
EAT IT F@GGOTS.
Someone explain this? Wario is not snake, OR Metaknight.
AND CALIFORNIA? OH MAH GAWD THATS LIKE THE BEST EVERERERERERER?
WHATS THE EXPLANATION? IS WARIO NOW TOP TIER? CAN HE TRANSFORM INTO SNAKE?

EDIT:
ONLY SNAKE AND MK WILL WIN TOURNEYS
CLEARLY
Quoting cuz i want all the "IMMAMELEEF@GGOTIHATEBRAWL" KKK Members to see.
1st AND 3rd!
WHATS YOUR EXCUSE?
I REALLY wanna hear.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Meta Knight is really bad.

Any smart player ***** typical tournament Meta Knights.

Snake is really good but not the best.

G&W is one of the best, and Rob is climbing really high.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Afro don't worry about it, just ignore all the people bashing you...I find both games to be enjoyable, just in different respects!!!

I'm just stating how some people seem to like brawl one minute, then hate it whenever they come across something they can't beat, then like it again once they beat it...then they lose later and the process repeats!!!

I'm glad you found your way around it last gigs though, good ****!!!

:colorful:

dguy6789

Smash Lord
It's a new game that has a very quickly evolving metagame. It should be expected to encounter new and powerful tactics, especially this early in the game's life.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think balance is an issue. Both Melee and Brawl have their own balance issues, but it doesn't make either of the games anywhere near unplayable.

Certain characters are going to be unplayable in any fighting game worth its salt. No one said you had to use DK against a Dedede player. Realistically, there were a good amount of unplayable characters in Melee. Bowser does fairly well against space animals in Melee, but, come on. That didn't make him suck any less in general.

Either way, I have a short attention span, and Melee felt stale after the two-and-a-half years that I've played it. Eventually, I'll probably start playing both, but right now, I'm basking in the newness that is Brawl. Watching a metagame unfold and being a part of that is a great feeling to me.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
The metagame unfolding so far isn't exactly the most awesome thing ever. As long as the camping thing dies, this game might be alright... but I see a lot of limits in Brawl. I'm not saying I'm not hoping, but I just do not see Brawl being the epic game that was/is Melee. Certain aspects of the game just make it kill itself. Ridiculously low hit stun for example, making combos, relatively speaking, non-existent. So far, this game just isn't nearly as good as it should be. Perhaps things will change...but we'll have to see. And unless something magical happens, Melee remains the superior game, thus, my choice.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The metagame unfolding so far isn't exactly the most awesome thing ever. As long as the camping thing dies, this game might be alright... but I see a lot of limits in Brawl. I'm not saying I'm not hoping, but I just do not see Brawl being the epic game that was/is Melee. Certain aspects of the game just make it kill itself. Ridiculously low hit stun for example, making combos, relatively speaking, non-existent. So far, this game just isn't nearly as good as it should be. Perhaps things will change...but we'll have to see. And unless something magical happens, Melee remains the superior game, thus, my choice.
Dont think "combo" so much, think more "follow up". Preparing yourself for the next attack using any projectiles or stage positioning.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Afro don't worry about it, just ignore all the people bashing you...I find both games to be enjoyable, just in different respects!!!

I'm just stating how some people seem to like brawl one minute, then hate it whenever they come across something they can't beat, then like it again once they beat it...then they lose later and the process repeats!!!

I'm glad you found your way around it last gigs though, good ****!!!

:colorful:
I can agree with that, cuz i went through that exact same cycle.
And people are bashing me, but no one can call me bad (at brawl) so i dont care.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And this is coming from GA's worst (Melee) Sheik.

Exarch, you suck.

MM?

Smooth Criminal

AfroQT

Smash Master
Hey, just cause you don't know how to format a post into multiple paragraphs to make it more organized and understandable doesn't mean you haven't written more than one paragraph to anyone. ENGLISH GRAMMAR LOL.
Still trying so hard? Go to a tourney and do bad already.
Lawlt

B-Down

Smash Apprentice
I prefer melee, and just about everything it has as opposed to brawl. The combos were more entertaining, edgeguarding was a constant battle(I loved ledgetechs.), less campy metagame, less floaty, more punishment for mistakes, and misfire kills being way way cooler in melee.(I'm forced to switch to 9 hammers in brawl and it's just not the same)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Good and bad is totally relative. The very best player in the world at Melee during year one wouldn't even pass as average competitively in year five or later. The same will happen for Brawl. That doesn't mean everyone sucks at Brawl now though. The best Brawl players now are good at Brawl compared to everyone else and that is all that matters. The fact that they will improve in the future doesn't make them suck now.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I don't MM. Never have, and don't intend on starting.
I'll play you in GA at the Atlanta tourney though, friendlies or hate matches, whichever you prefer..
Still trying so hard? Go to a tourney and do bad already.
Lawlt
Who said anything about trying? This is just an amusing pass time for me.

Although for someone who was so condescending and pretended to be so far above "forum" disputes, you sure have stuck in it for the long haul.

Went to a tourney, got fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom