• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee or Brawl? Which do you prefer? [Tallied results go up 5/29]

Which would you rather play?

• Melee

Votes: 63 61.2%
  • Brawl

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
This is strictly for the Atlantic North room. If you've already voted in another room, don't vote here.

As the title says, when it comes down to it, which would you rather play? Not which you play at tourneys because that can be different.

Let's all vote so there's no miscount! Also, let's try not to post unless what you say has not been said already.

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE THREAD. PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF SCIENCE!!

As for my motive:
If it's what the people want, it's what the people should have. If the game I didn't vote for wins, fine. The end result is what I really want. No more debate, or as close to none as possible.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I think even though melee has been out for like 7 years, it still has way more to learn than brawl.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
you know whats funny?

I can't believe nobody made this type of thread (via a Poll) in all the melee and brawl topics on the general discussion.

This way you can get people's opinions in a statistic number across the whole country...

... without it becoming a flame war hopefully, although thats just a naive dream.

Suggestion:
Create a thread in each of the regional zones to see which game is more favored in what area. Compile all the data you have in a chart and post on the general boards, and make one final poll concerning all of the nation. And perhaps i guess the world.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Well, only premium members can make polls, so it's sort of understandable that this hasn't been done yet. Also, we wouldn't want this in either the Melee or Brawl Discussion rooms, seeing as it would be more biased.

Everyone, spread the good word. We need more votes. >;D

Skler

Smash Master
Melee. I like the focus on mind games and technical ability.

Melee is way more exciting to watch too.
Fixed your post for you, no need to thank me.

Brawl doesn't have a "focus on mindgames", it has a severe lack of options that limits what you can do.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Suggestion:
Create a thread in each of the regional zones to see which game is more favored in what area. Compile all the data you have in a chart and post on the general boards, and make one final poll concerning all of the nation. And perhaps i guess the world.
Good idea. If it hasn't been done already, I'll do it now.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
But u guys need to realize that brawl is the majority now. Minorities dont get that much attention...such is the human life

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
But u guys need to realize that brawl is the majority now. Minorities dont get that much attention...such is the human life

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
22 minute double post ftw.

I'm out to prove which is actually the majority with a evidence. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Really? What makes you so sure when have the population is playing brawl more than melee? Melee is a good game dont get me wrong but becuz its new, a lot more is playing it, which makes it the majority. u can try fight against it, i tried to fight against it but facts is fact, most ppl like brawl more

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Am I one of the very few that prefers Brawl? I just like it better because Samus plays smoother and she still has some tricks up her sleeve.

Sir James

The Doctor
I'm actually surprised at the results so far. I thought most people preferred Brawl by now. It will be interesting to see the final results from the other polls.

Although part of me misses the advanced techs from Melee, I still prefer Brawl. It's a new game and it has great potential. There has been a good number of new techs so far and the game has only been out for a few months.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Silly Tope didn't actually close the thread.

Understand that there is going to be a huge inaccuracy for the poll. The majority of Brawl's number of people don't visit the Regional Zones, so you'll find that number to be less so than it should really be. This poll has too many variables that are unaccounted for, so if you are thinking of presenting it to tournament hosts to influence which game to use, think again. This pretty much comes down to just being a popularity contest, and TO's already have in mind what game to use anyway.

Also, unsticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom