• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yuh! I shall try if ACE will permit it... and if PMBR shows us how to use it and such.
The way you say that makes me kind of worried that some characters will stop working because of the ACE. I hope that's not the case, your Melee Mario sfx bring an exciting feel to my Mario gameplay.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The way you say that makes me kind of worried that some characters will stop working because of the ACE. I hope that's not the case, your Melee Mario sfx bring an exciting feel to my Mario gameplay.
Yeah... I just don't wanna get everybody's hopes up that all these things WILL happen. Me being able to create the Brawl/Melee SFX for 3.0 all depends on how the ACE actually works which we won't find out until Monday or later... That's one of the first things I'm gonna do is delve into the files and such to see if it just uses some extra files to change SFX or whatever it does...

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah... I just don't wanna get everybody's hopes up that all these things WILL happen. Me being able to create the Brawl/Melee SFX for 3.0 all depends on how the ACE actually works which we won't find out until Monday or later... That's one of the first things I'm gonna do is delve into the files and such to see if it just uses some extra files to change SFX or whatever it does...
Ah, I getcha. That's what I plan to do when I get my hands on 3.0. While some people are going to get to play it, I just want to adjust my common5.pac, info.pac, and menumain.pac.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
What do I use to insert the SFX code into Project M's .GCT file. I know how to make GCTs from Code Manager, but I don't know how to extract them.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
What do I use to insert the SFX code into Project M's .GCT file. I know how to make GCTs from Code Manager, but I don't know how to extract them.
Create the code using Code Manager and download M22K's GCT Fusionizer to add the code into your P:M .gct. Although I'd just wait until Monday for 3.0 as that will already have the code in it. And I will be updating these sfx for them within the day after it releases.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much. Asking whether 3.0 would have the code built-in would have been my next question. :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah, 3.0 needs it to get new sfx onto Roy and Mewtwo vs Marth and Lucario.
I thought it was Roy and Mewtwo vs Marth and Ness?

At least I remember hearing on a stream from JCz that they actually ported Mewtwo over Ness... which I thought was weird... cause of course Lucario seems like he would've been easier. Ness probably had more stats in common though to make them have to do less work overall... Not sure how they got the projectile to work if that's what they did either.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That could be right. I just assumed they'd use Lucario because vanilla Brawl is pretty damn similar to Mewtwo. That's really interesting if it's true.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
That could be right. I just assumed they'd use Lucario because vanilla Brawl is pretty damn similar to Mewtwo. That's really interesting if it's true.
Whatever it is... I'm just glad to finally be able to use a decent Mewtwo... Everytime I use him in Melee I almost vomit at how ridiculously light and floaty he is... and the slowness... and the crappy attacks. I abuse the heck out of his dodges and throws though lol

Edit: (I usually still win with Mewtwo though)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is just depressingly bad in Melee. I exclusively use him for ditto matches, which are actually a lot of fun.

Steelia

Smash Champion
At least I remember hearing on a stream from JCz that they actually ported Mewtwo over Ness... which I thought was weird... cause of course Lucario seems like he would've been easier. Ness probably had more stats in common though to make them have to do less work overall... Not sure how they got the projectile to work if that's what they did either.
Interesting, since one of the streams I watched, they said they ported over Lucario! It's how they were able to make Mewtwo's Confusion a command grab (over Lucario's Force Palm), among other little details.

In any case, changing Mewtwo's Shadow Ball charging sfx so it's not Lucario's is a must. Is it possible to make it so changing Mewtwo's doesn't change Lucario's, I wonder?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Interesting, since one of the streams I watched, they said they ported over Lucario! It's how they were able to make Mewtwo's Confusion a command grab (over Lucario's Force Palm), among other little details.

In any case, changing Mewtwo's Shadow Ball charging sfx so it's not Lucario's is a must. Is it possible to make it so changing Mewtwo's doesn't change Lucario's, I wonder?
Yeah I would've thought Lucario was who they ported over. Makes the most sense to me. Idk tho haha

Oh he'll definitely be getting his Shadow Ball charge sound back from Melee. I'm not sure why they didn't do that in the first place... Probably thought it wasn't as good as Lucario's... but... classic/nostalgic yes plz.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Ah well I do plan on adding alternate downloads for these as with the alternate Link and Marth stuff... and Mario's Fiery Fair at some point... And the Showtime Bowser... and heck I might as well throw in Shun's Kid Icarus: Uprising Pit VFX and his sword thingies as well. All in due time sirs and/or madams.

Ummm does anybody know if there's a way to start a new Poll on this thread?
3.0 came out oh boy we all have more work to do lol. Amazerommu does that mean we can't use 2.6's sfx files anymore? I want to keep Melee Mario :(

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
3.0 came out oh boy we all have more work to do lol. Amazerommu does that mean we can't use 2.6's sfx files anymore? I want to keep Melee Mario :(
The only one you can use right now is Marth as he hasn't had any changes. Due to PMBR Lag I will have to postpone updating things until tomrorow. Looking through the files... I actually don't think I'll need access to the ACE to add SFX for Brawl and Melee doodz alike! Although it will take quite a bit of work. We'll see if I can actually make it happen. Note I won't start working on things like that until next week or so due to local tournament. Taking this game into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber until then. ROY IS SOOOO DELICIOUS!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
The only one you can use right now is Marth as he hasn't had any changes. Due to PMBR Lag I will have to postpone updating things until tomrorow. Looking through the files... I actually don't think I'll need access to the ACE to add SFX for Brawl and Melee doodz alike! Although it will take quite a bit of work. We'll see if I can actually make it happen. Note I won't start working on things like that until next week or so due to local tournament. Taking this game into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber until then. ROY IS SOOOO DELICIOUS!
If I'm using Gecko, why can't i just drop in the .bnk files i used from 2.6 for Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon? (also, will the sound effects .bnk still work?)

cmart

Smash Lord

Although Marth didn't receive any moveset changes, engine changes necessitated changing his pac files anyway. To make it a little clearer - even if the character did not appear to change between versions, every character's moveset and motionfile are different.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
If I'm using Gecko, why can't i just drop in the .bnk files i used from 2.6 for Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon? (also, will the sound effects .bnk still work?)
This is because the RSBE in 3.0 doesn't support .bnk files. Only .sawnd files. Also...

Although Marth didn't receive any moveset changes, engine changes necessitated changing his pac files anyway. To make it a little clearer - even if the character did not appear to change between versions, every character's moveset and motionfile are different.
Thank you for the clarification (and general awesomeness)! I did notice there were some engine changes. They seem to have brought Project M one step closer to perfection imo. I've noticed a difference with shield techniques and overall feel of the game is now MUCH better. Gravities and what not, all the difference (Mewtwo Gravity Squeeze is Gawd!)

^ This also means that all characters will have to be updated for 3.0 for my SFX to work... which thankfully won't take too long to do tomorrow.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I hope you can do Mario and Fox quickly. Those are my mains and I love using your SFX. I've used all of yours actually. :)

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Thanks for the quick clarification.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Hey Amazerommu! Enjoying PM 3.0, eh?
Well i will go straigth to the point: Would you do a SFX of the Swordmen (Marth, Link,) while keeping their respective Brawl Sword Swing SFXs, im suggesting this because Roy uses the Melee sword-swing SFX, and it'll be weird if Marth, Link and Roy share the same sounds, then Ike, MK have different ones.
P.S: looking forward to updates!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I hope you can do Mario and Fox quickly. Those are my mains and I love using your SFX. I've used all of yours actually. :)
Well I get back home a little after 6PM EST. Should only be about an hour after that to update everyone. I'll make sure to do Mario and Fox first! Haha.

Gonna rework the OP soon too! And then next week stars Samus, finishing Zelda/Sheik, and hopefully making progress with splitting SFX for the characters with their Melee alts. All the stuff to do.

It would be nice to know what SFX are changed in 3.0.
What do you mean?

Hey Amazerommu! Enjoying PM 3.0, eh?
Well i will go straigth to the point: Would you do a SFX of the Swordmen (Marth, Link,) while keeping their respective Brawl Sword Swing SFXs, im suggesting this because Roy uses the Melee sword-swing SFX, and it'll be weird if Marth, Link and Roy share the same sounds, then Ike, MK have different ones.
P.S: looking forward to updates!
This was the thing I wanted to make a new Poll about. I'm on the fence with whether I should update Ike, MK, Lucas and a few others with certain Melee SFX. Ike would get sword swings and hits. Which would sound completely different, maybe better, maybe worse? I imagine his Up B sounding way cooler actually with Melee sword swing fx. MK would get sword swings. Lucas would have somewhat similar sounds to Ness for his special attacks. I'm also considering that some of these things might be necessary to be able to make the Melee alt costumes have their own voices.

^ I've been contemplating these things for quite a while heheh.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'd be way into giving the Brawl characters some Melee sounds and on that note, I'd love to see stuff like Luigi and Ganondorf with Melee sounds but Brawl voice.

Steelia

Smash Champion
tbh, I like how the Melee characters keep their Melee sfx & the SSBB contenders retain their sfx. Hearing the same sword swiping or punching noises from all chars got kinda old in SSBM. Having a mix adds a little flavor, it almost feels like SSBM and SSBB are clashing for sfx dominance, haha.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
tbh, I like how the Melee characters keep their Melee sfx & the SSBB contenders retain their sfx. Hearing the same sword swiping or punching noises from all chars got kinda old in SSBM. Having a mix adds a little flavor, it almost feels like SSBM and SSBB are clashing for sfx dominance, haha.

i agree with steelia, although sword sfx for characters like marth are horrible, Ike's sfx is amazing (probably the only sfx i like in brawl) it really sounds like he's beating the **** out of you

nonetheless i'm open to changes, maybe he would sound better, but i do think melee sfx for mk would be great

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
i agree with steelia, although sword sfx for characters like marth are horrible, Ike's sfx is amazing (probably the only sfx i like in brawl) it really sounds like he's beating the **** out of you

nonetheless i'm open to changes, maybe he would sound better, but i do think melee sfx for mk would be great
But are you refering about Slash SFXs or Sword-Swing SFXs?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wull feck! I'm gonna have to update them the old way. Trying the 'quicker' way is causing all the problems. This means I won't be able to update these things until Friday unfortunately :( Really wanted to ex-nay the Brawl sfx for Melee tonight...

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I can't seem to find the sword hit SFX in the common sound bank using this program, I can find the swing SFX and replace them but the hit sfx are missing, has anyone found a solution to this?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I downloaded the Melee FX for 3.0 but when I loaded up Project M, the game froze at the "hype" screen.

Imported the Melee FX into my .brsar fire and exported the file as "7.sawnd"

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I downloaded the Melee FX for 3.0 but when I loaded up Project M, the game froze at the "hype" screen.

Imported the Melee FX into my .brsar fire and exported the file as "7.sawnd"
Haha for just the SFX themselves all you needed to do was rename the .sawnd file already in the download. You didn't have to import it and export it again. Probably got exported as double the size it actually is, which means the file size was waaaay too big to be read by the game. I neglected to mention that could still be used, although tomorrow/Friday I'm gonna edit it for better results screen clapping... Will probably just add the Brawl one back. Or mix 2 Melee ones and have a little experimental play with 'em.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Haha for just the SFX themselves all you needed to do was rename the .sawnd file already in the download. You didn't have to import it and export it again. Probably got exported as double the size it actually is, which means the file size was waaaay too big to be read by the game. I neglected to mention that could still be used, although tomorrow/Friday I'm gonna edit it for better results screen clapping... Will probably just add the Brawl one back. Or mix 2 Melee ones and have a little experimental play with 'em.
Hey, i bet you already noted that Samus have some Melee SFX in PM 3.0, like her two jumps, up taunt, charge shot, also she has a new SFX when shooting missiles (i'm in love with this changes!) so i guess you shouldn't change those Melee SFX when you make the Samus' SFX pack, right?

Faunter

Smash Rookie
Hi friends ((first of all, forgive my english))

I want to put fox melee voice ONLY in his melee style. Is that possible?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Is it possible to just get Melee voices for certain characters?

I'd like the Melee voices for Fox, Falco, and C. Falcon but the Melee FX I'm not to keen on at the moment. That said, will voices and fx ever be released separately in addition to the whole bundle?

Faunter

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to just get Melee voices for certain characters?

I'd like the Melee voices for Fox, Falco, and C. Falcon but the Melee FX I'm not to keen on at the moment. That said, will voices and fx ever be released separately in addition to the whole bundle?
C.Falcon voice: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4kliu4193ggzru4/Melee C. Falcon Voice SFX.zip
Falco voice: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ceamr2pfi5lnw7u/Melee Falco Voice SFX.zip
Fox voice: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n723w1120nl57q0/Melee Fox Voice SFX.zip

copy only the .sawnd file and paste into:
proyectm/pf/sfx

But you have to change the name with the number of the character, example: fox number is 17 so it will be: 17.sawnd. Obviously this is only in 3.0 PM

I don't speak english, so, if I misunderstood your question...sorry

I want to put the melee fox voice only in his melee version, is that possible??

Top Bottom