• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faunter

Smash Rookie
oh i forgot something

you have to copy the .pac too

but erase the "melee" in the name Example: fitmeleefox.pac --> fitfox.pac

and paste it to:
proyectm/pf/fighter/"character" (fox, falco, whatever)

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to just get Melee voices for certain characters?

I'd like the Melee voices for Fox, Falco, and C. Falcon but the Melee FX I'm not to keen on at the moment. That said, will voices and fx ever be released separately in addition to the whole bundle?
I've used individual character sfx without the Melee FX and didn't have a problem.

C.Falcon voice: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4kliu4193ggzru4/Melee C. Falcon Voice SFX.zip
Falco voice: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ceamr2pfi5lnw7u/Melee Falco Voice SFX.zip
Fox voice: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n723w1120nl57q0/Melee Fox Voice SFX.zip

copy only the .sawnd file and paste into:
proyectm/pf/sfx

But you have to change the name with the number of the character, example: fox number is 17 so it will be: 17.sawnd. Obviously this is only in 3.0 PM

I don't speak english, so, if I misunderstood your question...sorry
Those files have not been updated for 3.0 yet.

I want to put the melee fox voice only in his melee version, is that possible??
Someone with more experience in sfx hacking will answer that when they see it. No need to ask that question twice, give them some time.

Faunter

Smash Rookie
I've used individual character sfx without the Melee FX and didn't have a problem.

Those files have not been updated for 3.0 yet.

Someone with more experience in sfx hacking will answer that when they see it. No need to ask that question twice, give them some time.

Well... those files worked well in my 3.0, and thanks, i really want to see "fox brawl vs fox melee" with voice and everything

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
LMAO! I figured. I cannot WAIT to get these updated. 3.0 feels so much closer to Melee now.
No no, I meant ignore the double post, I still have the same problem

"I can't seem to find the sword hit SFX in the common sound bank using this program, I can find the swing SFX and replace them but the hit sfx are missing, has anyone found a solution to this?"

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hot damn PLEASE do the SFX for Ice Climbers. Their Brawl SFX feels like I'm hitting everyone with cotton balls.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey, i bet you already noted that Samus have some Melee SFX in PM 3.0, like her two jumps, up taunt, charge shot, also she has a new SFX when shooting missiles (i'm in love with this changes!) so i guess you shouldn't change those Melee SFX when you make the Samus' SFX pack, right?
I'm definitely still gonna make some changes to Samus, as well as Mewtwo and Roy. They have some... 'issues' that I wanna get taken care of.

Hi friends ((first of all, forgive my english))
I want to put fox melee voice ONLY in his melee style. Is that possible?
It will be once I update everything Thursday night/Friday.

Is it possible to just get Melee voices for certain characters?
I'd like the Melee voices for Fox, Falco, and C. Falcon but the Melee FX I'm not to keen on at the moment. That said, will voices and fx ever be released separately in addition to the whole bundle?
I might look into doing that once I finish the main bulk of the project.

No no, I meant ignore the double post, I still have the same problem

"I can't seem to find the sword hit SFX in the common sound bank using this program, I can find the swing SFX and replace them but the hit sfx are missing, has anyone found a solution to this?"
The sword hits are in there. They should be somewhere around the punch/kick hit sfx. Either right above or below... or above Electrical hit sfx? I can't say off the top of muh head.

Hot damn PLEASE do the SFX for Ice Climbers. Their Brawl SFX feels like I'm hitting everyone with cotton balls.
LMAO! They will be done in due time.

I'm actually gonna have 2 weeks off work here pretty soon. That'll give me aaaaaaaaaaaaall the time to do any and everything I want. I am so excited! I can't wait to figure out how to get Melee and Brawl voices for the characters with Melee alts. (I'm probably gonna go ahead and do Ganon too even though he doesn't have an alt yet) There'll be the version that works with this project, and then the version that works with regular Project M (no Melee SFX... but that may take a backseat because reasons... will have to do a lot more work to get them to work)

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
The sword hits are in there. They should be somewhere around the punch/kick hit sfx. Either right above or below... or above Electrical hit sfx? I can't say off the top of muh head.
Ok I ran through EVERY sound file of the smashbros.brsar and haven't been able to locate them, I can find them in Brawlbox, they're right after the sword swing sfx, but in super sawndz it goes into another category of sounds after the sword swing sfx, the hit sfx are just skipped

I hate to ask, but if you're entirely sure they can be located and edited with this program, could you assist me in finding exactly where the sword hit sfx are located? It's a pain in the ass because none of the sound files are labeled the same way they are in Brawlbox and there's no way of using Brawlbox's directory to correspond to super sawndz's as far as I know

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I'm definitely still gonna make some changes to Samus, as well as Mewtwo and Roy. They have some... 'issues' that I wanna get taken care of.
Yeah Samus' robotic sounds when doing smash attacks, dair grabbing a ledge, and getting star KO'd
Also i was digging Roy's SFX within the bosses sounds, and i found a low-pitched roy's HYAAA or something, i wonder if this is an error.

LMAO! They will be done in due time.

I'm actually gonna have 2 weeks off work here pretty soon. That'll give me aaaaaaaaaaaaall the time to do any and everything I want. I am so excited! I can't wait to figure out how to get Melee and Brawl voices for the characters with Melee alts. (I'm probably gonna go ahead and do Ganon too even though he doesn't have an alt yet) There'll be the version that works with this project, and then the version that works with regular Project M (no Melee SFX... but that may take a backseat because reasons... will have to do a lot more work to get them to work)
Im really looking forward to this, hope you find out how to do it! if you do, you will be my hero (well are as right now making these sweet SFX hacks lol)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ok I ran through EVERY sound file of the smashbros.brsar and haven't been able to locate them, I can find them in Brawlbox, they're right after the sword swing sfx, but in super sawndz it goes into another category of sounds after the sword swing sfx, the hit sfx are just skipped

I hate to ask, but if you're entirely sure they can be located and edited with this program, could you assist me in finding exactly where the sword hit sfx are located? It's a pain in the *** because none of the sound files are labeled the same way they are in Brawlbox and there's no way of using Brawlbox's directory to correspond to super sawndz's as far as I know
I can tell you when I get home. I know it's near the ID 100's (should be at or less than 104-5-ish). I can almost guarantee you've passed over it lmao. Cause even though I know where pretty much everything is... There have been multiple times where I sit for like literally an hour looking for certain sounds.

Yeah Samus' robotic sounds when doing smash attacks, dair grabbing a ledge, and getting star KO'd
Also i was digging Roy's SFX within the bosses sounds, and i found a low-pitched roy's HYAAA or something, i wonder if this is an error.

Im really looking forward to this, hope you find out how to do it! if you do, you will be my hero (well are as right now making these sweet SFX hacks lol)
Haha thanks! I don't know about the Roy thing, I haven't actually looked into his sounds yet. But I plan to fix all of them and make their sounds... Cleaner? I'm sure some of you noticed the crappier sounding version of Link's Melee Spin Attack that they used. I wonder why they changed those sounds... Also gonna give Roy the actual sound for the little glyph thing the Fire Emblem doods spawn on at the start of a match. He'll still have that kinda explosion fire sound that he already has. I feel like they kinda blew it with the sound edits heheh.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So this may be a touch outside of your area of expertise, but I have a bit of a request. It's always bothered me that the Peach's B> move explodes in PM b'cuz Melee. Any way you could switch the taunt easter egg and the default around for all the Peach costumes (so it does hearts by default and fire if you taunt) except the Fire Flower one? No biggie if you can't/don't want to, just figured I'd ask.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So this may be a touch outside of your area of expertise, but I have a bit of a request. It's always bothered me that the Peach's B> move explodes in PM b'cuz Melee. Any way you could switch the taunt easter egg and the default around for all the Peach costumes (so it does hearts by default and fire if you taunt) except the Fire Flower one? No biggie if you can't/don't want to, just figured I'd ask.
That's actually fairly simple to do. Would take all of about a minute. Well except I'm not 100% sure if it'll work on a per costume basis. I'd give Shadow Peach "Arse of the Shadow Realm" with a darkness graphical effect lmao.

Edit: To clarify, it's not that I'm not sure it'll work, just whether or not I can do it... Actually I haven't even tested to see if she already has Shadow Realm Ass as Shadow Peach. Can anybody check this?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Just checked, Shadow Peach does dark farts when she hits. Doesn't seem to have a taunt special, either.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Amazerromu how ya doin so far? I'm trying to edit the 2.6b Melee sfx back into the game. It seems the for the hit effects for the sawnd still works not the bnk though :(.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerromu how ya doin so far? I'm trying to edit the 2.6b Melee sfx back into the game. It seems the for the hit effects for the sawnd still works not the bnk though :(.
I actually just updated Fox! I also made it easier to copy over the mods an' ting. There's now a 'projectm' folder in the download. Just copy that into the root of your SD Card and you're good to go.

I'm gonna add that kinda thingy for the rest of the mods as well throughout the day. So check back doodz!

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I actually just updated Fox! I also made it easier to copy over the mods an' ting. There's now a 'projectm' folder in the download. Just copy that into the root of your SD Card and you're good to go.

I'm gonna add that kinda thingy for the rest of the mods as well throughout the day. So check back doodz!
Hell yeah! Falco and Marth up next pls?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
After Mario haha. I am making surprisingly good progress too... Well faster than usual.
Haha cool cool. No rush mah dude!

Speaking of Mario, I've been wondering if you've got any plans for Doc yet?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Haha cool cool. No rush mah dude!

Speaking of Mario, I've been wondering if you've got any plans for Doc yet?
He'll have Melee SFX if that's what you're wondering. They both use the same .pac file, so it'll be just like Melee haha. (Doc will still have Pill sound and such)

Edit: I'm also wondering if I can make it so that if you're using an alt that it plays Doc's Melee crowd cheer instead of regulah Mario's... I'm not gonna spend too much time trying to figure that out now tho haha.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Amazerommu, just to be sure, have you uploaded the new 3.0 Fox since you completed him? I noticed you updated the op to say 3.0 Fox, but the download link links to the 2.6b Fox.

Can't wait until all these are finished, then PM will be near perfect :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu, just to be sure, have you uploaded the new 3.0 Fox since you completed him? I noticed you updated the op to say 3.0 Fox, but the download link links to the 2.6b Fox.

Can't wait until all these are finished, then PM will be near perfect :)
Ya. If it says 3.0 in the OP then it's updated. I haven't done it with BV yet cause lazy lol. Also wasting too much time trying to figure out how to change crowd SFX for each character... I really want Mario's alt to have the Melee "Goooooooooooooooooooo DOC!" cheer haha

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Amazerommu, did you find the id's? Don't mean to sound pushy, it's just I actually have a free night to try this out I think, the rest of the weekend till tuesday I'm gonna be studying for finals

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu, did you find the id's? Don't mean to sound pushy, it's just I actually have a free night to try this out I think, the rest of the weekend till tuesday I'm gonna be studying for finals
55, 56 and 57. I was apparently way off with the 100's lol...

Edit: You did want the hits yes, not the swings?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I assume the standard 07.sawnd Melee SFX still works like usual?
Ya although the .sawnd file in the download will need to be renamed. I should probably update that already haha.

Marth has been updated. Still has the Melee and Dynamic Dance versions, but now I've included those versions alternated with Shun's Smash 4 Sword Traces. You all are gonna loooooooooooove those!

Edit: Oh also Mario. I haven't tested him yet though. Can someone check and make sure his alt still has the Pill sounds? I'm pretty sure it's right, but just in case. And the alt F-Smash sound should sound more appropriate (although not the sound it had in Melee since I haven't been able to rip it yet... I'll do that later)

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I've just tested Mario's SFX in-game, and I can confirm that he makes the fireball sounds with regular Mario and the pill sounds with Doc!

Also, Doc's F-Smash indeed has an electrical sound effect, but regular Mario's F-Smash does not have fire sound effects for it.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I've just tested Mario's SFX in-game, and I can confirm that he makes the fireball sounds with regular Mario and the pill sounds with Doc!

Also, Doc's F-Smash indeed has an electrical sound effect, but regular Mario's F-Smash does not have fire sound effects for it.
That should be there. It's a sorta fiery woosh sound, lower sounding cause fire I guess... I'll double check it and fix it if I need to. Falco is done nao! On to Link!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
That should be there. It's a sorta fiery woosh sound, lower sounding cause fire I guess... I'll double check it and fix it if I need to. Falco is done nao! On to Link!
Yeah, if there's a fire sound, then it's definitely on the quiet side of things. I can barely hear it... otherwise, Mario sounds perfect!

Thanks for updating these SFX, btw. I use them all and love them!:happysheep:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Mario now makes the YEE-HAW sound he usually has when doing his down-special during his forward smash. I don't think he did that before, did he?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Edit: Oh also Mario. I haven't tested him yet though. Can someone check and make sure his alt still has the Pill sounds? I'm pretty sure it's right, but just in case. And the alt F-Smash sound should sound more appropriate (although not the sound it had in Melee since I haven't been able to rip it yet... I'll do that later)
Amazerommu, it's possible to rip SSBM sounds straight from their SSM files with a very simple tool. If you're interested in trying it out, I could send it over with any char sounds you may need now or later, like the announcer or something. Could save you a little time :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu, it's possible to rip SSBM sounds straight from their SSM files with a very simple tool. If you're interested in trying it out, I could send it over with any char sounds you may need now or later, like the announcer or something. Could save you a little time :)
Oh haha I know how to rip the sounds. I just haven't done it yet due to trying to get all of the mods updated faster... which was pushed back a bit because of power going out for a bit... Link is up now though! And there's an alternate FitLink.pac featuring Shun's Smash 4 Link swings!

Edit:

Mario now makes the YEE-HAW sound he usually has when doing his down-special during his forward smash. I don't think he did that before, did he?
No he's not supposed to do that. I'll have to fix that when I go back and check him. Hopefully will happen before too long.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I noticed a problem with Link's SFX. His Navi "HEY LISTEN" taunt no longer has the "HEY LISTEN" voice.
That's not a problem. I just haven't added it back yet for... 'special' reasons. You'll know what for hopefully within a few weeks. If you really want it now though I can add it back once I finish Bowser.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
That's not a problem. I just haven't added it back yet for... 'special' reasons. You'll know what for hopefully within a few weeks. If you really want it now though I can add it back once I finish Bowser.
If you had plans regarding not putting it yet, that's fine. I just figured I'd let you know just in case you weren't aware of it.

It does kind of have it's obnoxious charm though.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Ya. If it says 3.0 in the OP then it's updated. I haven't done it with BV yet cause lazy lol. Also wasting too much time trying to figure out how to change crowd SFX for each character... I really want Mario's alt to have the Melee "Goooooooooooooooooooo DOC!" cheer haha
Did you test these sfx with 3.0 before posting?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Did you test these sfx with 3.0 before posting?
Some of them. Not all of them, like Mario... and/or Marth and Link's alternate .pac files. The ones I haven't checked yet I've only tested to make sure the file sizes didn't explode due to that weird program glitch. That's usually the only thing that causes issues... well other than some sounds being incorrect. I'm mainly just checking to make sure things don't freeze haha.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Really mean thought comes to mind. If you were to re-add the Navi line, would it be possible to make it taunt cancelable so you could spam "HEY LISTEN!"?

Top Bottom