• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Falco seems to be all good on my end. No freezes!

Also, +1 for HEY! LISTEN!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah I had a couple freezes whenn going to training mode. :(
Oh dear... Wait you haven't downloaded any that haven't been updated yet have you? I went through and checked all the ones I've updated thus far. No freezing.

Really mean thought comes to mind. If you were to re-add the Navi line, would it be possible to make it taunt cancelable so you could spam "HEY LISTEN!"?
Oh my gawd that would be hilarious! I could make it able to be taunt cancelled... We'll see if I can do it.

Also Bowser is raddy!

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
LMAO! I lied... NOW he's done. There was something I forgot to change with one of his subroutines. It's fixed now.
Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the FitCaptain.pac and FitMeleeCaptain.pac files? Is FitCaptain.pac default brawl sounds?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the FitCaptain.pac and FitMeleeCaptain.pac files? Is FitCaptain.pac default brawl sounds?
Thanks for catching that! The FitMeleeCaptain.pac is actually the one that I just fixed the subroutine on... For some reason I just forgot to delete the other one. That is fixed nao.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Really? Awesome! Gotta have my Meleedorf, just doesn't feel the same with the Brawl voice.
He done!

Nononono do Ice Climbers next.
That would take quite a bit more time than updating what I have already (mostly) finished. But don't worry, the rest of the cast will be done! Hopefully sooner than later when I get this time off work.

DK Next. Anyone have another they'd like to have done first?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
DK or Luigi's fine.

Fantastic work on all of this, by the way.
Thanks!

Get your Ness on, or go with a Melee SFX Luigi with a Brawl voice. (Biased, but Melee Luigi's voice sucked)

Alright I'll do Luigi (Melee voice only for now... sowwy) and then Ness... Actually that was the order I was gonna do them in anyway lol... Those may have to wait until tomorrow though. I am tired as heyl nao.

Oh and DK is done now too.

Kati

Smash Lord
I've been watching this thread for a while, but haven't really bothered looking into what is going on. Is there package or file that just replaces the crowd cheering? or something with melee crowd cheers plus other sfx that aren't character specific?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Thanks!

Alright I'll do Luigi (Melee voice only for now... sowwy) and then Ness... Actually that was the order I was gonna do them in anyway lol... Those may have to wait until tomorrow though. I am tired as heyl nao.

Oh and DK is done now too.
Take your time. It's all turned out pretty good as is.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I've been watching this thread for a while, but haven't bothered really looking into what is going on. Is there package or file that just replaces the crowd cheering? or something with melee crowd cheers plus other sfx that aren't character specific?
The main Melee SFX download (needed for the rest of the character mods to work) has the Melee SFX included... but it also has the general Melee SFX since they're in the same Group ID. You'd have to rename the MeleeSFX.sawnd file to 7.sawnd and place it into your sfx folder.

Take your time. It's all turned out pretty good as is.
Thanks. Hopefully I'm not too tired by the time I get home tomorrow so I'll be able to update the rest of the characters then. Won't be home until superrrrrrrrrrr late.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Thanks. Hopefully I'm not too tired by the time I get home tomorrow so I'll be able to update the rest of the characters then. Won't be home until superrrrrrrrrrr late.
I've still got my fingers crossed that you can figure out how to make HEY LISTEN taunt cancelable, because that'd be hilarious.

Great work overall so far, love the Mario since he sounds so excited to be bashing faces in. Brawl Mario just sounds like "Eh, I'm here, let's get it over with."

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I've still got my fingers crossed that you can figure out how to make HEY LISTEN taunt cancelable, because that'd be hilarious.

Great work overall so far, love the Mario since he sounds so excited to be bashing faces in. Brawl Mario just sounds like "Eh, I'm here, let's get it over with."
Lol I will definitely try to make that happen. Also forgot that I already got rid of the "YEEHAAAAWWW!" on Mario's F-Smash.

Kati

Smash Lord
The main Melee SFX download (needed for the rest of the character mods to work) has the Melee SFX included... but it also has the general Melee SFX since they're in the same Group ID. You'd have to rename the MeleeSFX.sawnd file to 7.sawnd and place it into your sfx folder.
Thank you. What counts as "general" sfx?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Lol I will definitely try to make that happen. Also forgot that I already got rid of the "YEEHAAAAWWW!" on Mario's F-Smash.
I suddenly want to see a Mario soundpack where every clip of him is replaced with a yeeeeehaaaaw from the crazy Texan from The Simpsons.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I was testing Bowser's melee voice a bit, and I noticed that his up-taunt is silent when he's facing left. Giga Bowser's up and down taunts are silent as well, as is his intro. Is this happening for anyone else?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thank you. What counts as "general" sfx?
The main differences are the hit sounds, melee crowd, punch, kick and sword swing effects. This reminds me that I didn't update the one thing...

This thing: I have now updated the RSBE01.gct files to include the Melee shield reflect sound. And made it so you can just copy the new 'projectm' folder to add the Melee SFX ONLY. The announcer packs would still have to be copied into you 'sfx' folder.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Aw, no love for Peach? Her SSBM voice is super good. Requesting her after Ness and such :upsidedown:

This thing: I have now updated the RSBE01.gct files to include the Melee shield reflect sound. And made it so you can just copy the new 'projectm' folder to add the Melee SFX ONLY. The announcer packs would still have to be copied into you 'sfx' folder.
Now that you mention... what's the difference between the PAC file supplied in the projectm > pf > fighter folder, the sawnd in the sfx folder, and the ones in the root of the ZIP? I'm guessing the one supplied in the PM folder is the default SSBB-to-SSBM PM file.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
So I Clicked on the link to download you Melee Mario SFX pack and in brawlvault the description it says its for 2.6 B. Is it the wrong link, or is the description wrong?

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Oh dear... Wait you haven't downloaded any that haven't been updated yet have you? I went through and checked all the ones I've updated thus far. No freezing.

Oh my gawd that would be hilarious! I could make it able to be taunt cancelled... We'll see if I can do it.

Also Bowser is raddy!
Nevermind I had replaced the wrong file lmao.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So I Clicked on the link to download you Melee Mario SFX pack and in brawlvault the description it says its for 2.6 B. Is it the wrong link, or is the description wrong?
He's just been too "lazy" to update the name on BrawlVault. It's 3.0 now.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Aw, no love for Peach? Her SSBM voice is super good. Requesting her after Ness and such :upsidedown:

Now that you mention... what's the difference between the PAC file supplied in the projectm > pf > fighter folder, the sawnd in the sfx folder, and the ones in the root of the ZIP? I'm guessing the one supplied in the PM folder is the default SSBB-to-SSBM PM file.
Yeah they're the same for most of them that don't have alternate .pac files, default Brawl to Melee schtuff. I just made the 'projectm' folder for convenience of installation. And if you wanted any alternates, then you'd just copy over the whichever one you wanted (renaming it of course). Haha and I was gonna do Peach after Ness, then finally the Pika!

He's just been too "lazy" to update the name on BrawlVault. It's 3.0 now.
^ What trojanpooh had said... It takes more clicking to update things on BrawlVault than here lol. Once I get done I'll go through and add all tha things to BV.

Have the hit sfx been updated?
They should be the same. I did rename all files so that you can just copy them into the thingy... your sfx folder. And updated the Full and Wifi .gct files to include the Melee Shield Reflect sound.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
How long would it take to do Mewtwo? Probably less than any other unfinished character, right? I finished my exams yesterday and have finally gotten some time to PM and holy hell why doesn't he have his proper charge SFX???

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
How long would it take to do Mewtwo? Probably less than any other unfinished character, right? I finished my exams yesterday and have finally gotten some time to PM and holy hell why doesn't he have his proper charge SFX???
It's most likely because of how his charge works. They didn't allocate extra space so that the charge effect sounds correct no matter 'where' he is in the process of charging it. For instance if you were to start charging with his original charge sound from Melee... and cancel it. and then restart it, instead of having the charge sound continue where it left off like in Melee, it would restart the charge sound completely which would probably sound a bit... off lol. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to fix it, but I'll at least try.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if there'd be some sort of middle ground solution where a point of the charge (probably the end) was used for the entire thing. Obviously that'd be possible, but I'm curious if it would sound any good.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if there'd be some sort of middle ground solution where a point of the charge (probably the end) was used for the entire thing. Obviously that'd be possible, but I'm curious if it would sound any good.
That might end up being what has to happen. I'll keep that in mind!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Hi Amazerommu! last day i was digging more into the SFX and i noted that Link has lot of differently pitched Navi's "Hey, Listen!" voices. I dont know if these are used to go with respective char. sizes after taking a mushroom,or just a an "easter egg" so i guess you could replace them with Link's Melee Voices along with other unused sounds Link may have.
Also if you're planning to give Dr. Mario his own crowd call, then that means you would just figured out how to put SFX selectively by Costume, so you should do Melee Link first.

Keep your great job!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
To do this for an iso I just need to replace the files in the brsar and I'm done?

Runathir

Smash Rookie
First of all, I wanted to thank you for your work on this. Though I don't mind most of the Brawl voices, there are some (Fox, Peach, Mario) that I can't stand, and a couple more (Gdawg and Link) that I simply like the Melee versions of better.

For 3.0, so far I've only tested your Fox, and almost everything works perfectly. But I did notice that for his first jump, roll dodge, and when he's leaning over a ledge, it's completely silent for me. In your video, Fox clearly has the "ah-tah" for leaning over the edge, but I couldn't tell for the other two if there was a sound. I'm using Riivolution (1.4), and I only inserted your latest Fox pack (17.sawnd). I of course put the FitFox.pac in as well. I didn't insert the MeleeSFXPack.sawnd (wasn't really clear on what that changed), so could that be the issue?

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was testing Bowser's melee voice a bit, and I noticed that his up-taunt is silent when he's facing left. Giga Bowser's up and down taunts are silent as well, as is his intro. Is this happening for anyone else?
In case this was missed, this happened to me too. When Bowser up-taunts and is facing right, he sounds just fine. But facing left, he's completely silent. And mentioned somewhere earlier, regular Mario's fsmash sounds very quiet.

Otherwise, everything else sounds great so far :)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, I rather just have the Melee/Original Game replace the voices and sfx in the next update. I would just screw up if I did it manually.

Top Bottom