• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So...Not to be rude, but has there been a move forward with Ganon yet?
Haven't had an update in 5 months. Pls fix
Sorry doodz! I am working on things... I've had some computer issues for a good while and haven't been able to fix them cause poor and such... But I got what I need coming soon so I should be back in it for real! Thankfully I had some stuff stored away on a friends computer. I got a bit of stuff done that way for Roy and Mewtwo. Ganon will resume once I fix muh computer!

Doq

Smash Lord
Sorry doodz! I am working on things... I've had some computer issues for a good while and haven't been able to fix them cause poor and such... But I got what I need coming soon so I should be back in it for real! Thankfully I had some stuff stored away on a friends computer. I got a bit of stuff done that way for Roy and Mewtwo. Ganon will resume once I fix muh computer!
You need a hand with this? Or no. :p

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
based PMBR has blessed us with yet another cool feature
and dat Light Suit, hnnnnngh
now that they confirmed the OoT ganon, i think you can make the new Melee SFX that has both Brawl and Melee voices, like Link and make it look even more official

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
All you have left is Kirby, Yoshi, Samus, and Jiggz. Also you need to fix Fox's up air if you can. Also furget Ice Climbers since no one uses them.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
All you have left is Kirby, Yoshi, Samus, and Jiggz. Also you need to fix Fox's up air if you can. Also furget Ice Climbers since no one uses them.
LMAO! What about G 'n Dubz? He gets no luv?
Yes I saw that. I also saw the All-Star Versus too. Very hype.
Dood! Now I can play Marf, Roy and Ike all in da saym mash! I'm super ultra toiboh pumped for that feature... They need one more FE character nao for 4-stock matches.

Edit: Also I know dey bettah have all the badass recolors for that OoT Ganon... He looks pretty effing delicious! If they don't... coitens...

Last edited:

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
LMAO! What about G 'n Dubz? He gets no luv?

Dood! Now I can play Marf, Roy and Ike all in da saym mash! I'm super ultra toiboh pumped for that feature... They need one more FE character nao for 4-stock matches.

Edit: Also I know dey bettah have all the badass recolors for that OoT Ganon... He looks pretty effing delicious! If they don't... coitens...
Have you fixed Fox's up air? In Melee the smack was much louder then the second hit

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Have you fixed Fox's up air? In Melee the smack was much louder then the second hit
Ooooooooooh. That involves changing hit sfx... something I haven't nearly messed around enough with to be confident enough to fix that little irregularity. I need to learn all dat shiz tho... Someone zap that knowledge into my brain so I can save like... forever time

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Hello, I got a question that may have already been asked before, is it possible to change the voice on one particular character before? for example a female alt of a character? Been curious for quite a while now and also brilliant work! Never got a chance to actually say that until now!

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Ooooooooooh. That involves changing hit sfx... something I haven't nearly messed around enough with to be confident enough to fix that little irregularity. I need to learn all dat shiz tho... Someone zap that knowledge into my brain so I can save like... forever time
I also forgot to ask. Where is the announcer voice for the 1P mode? Like Training or All Star.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hello, I got a question that may have already been asked before, is it possible to change the voice on one particular character before? for example a female alt of a character? Been curious for quite a while now and also brilliant work! Never got a chance to actually say that until now!
Ummm what exactly do you mean by 'before?' I'm gonna say that the answer is yes? Idk haha. But just about anything is possible if you're creative enough. Also thank yeeeewww for the compliment! Much appreciated!

I also forgot to ask. Where is the announcer voice for the 1P mode? Like Training or All Star.
Those don't exist? I'll have to go back and fix those... But... I have baaaaad news again... And also stupid explanation I guess...

So my computer is fixed nao... But one thing my computer doesn't have is an SD Card reader... That was for my laptop... Go frackin figure that it decided to die late last week... So now I have no way of testing these awexomez for you guys... SOMEBODY BUY ME A NEW LAPTOP! Or... Or this thing lmao
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=20-805-001

MagicManNo9

Ummm what exactly do you mean by 'before?' I'm gonna say that the answer is yes? Idk haha. But just about anything is possible if you're creative enough. Also thank yeeeewww for the compliment! Much appreciated!
I think I rephrased the question weirdly haha! I mean to ask if you can change the voice for a single costume, let's say I had a daisy alt for Peach etc, I wondered if it's possible like Dr Mario's Pill attack and such! And again keep up the amazing work! Love this stuff!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I think I rephrased the question weirdly haha! I mean to ask if you can change the voice for a single costume, let's say I had a daisy alt for Peach etc, I wondered if it's possible like Dr Mario's Pill attack and such! And again keep up the amazing work! Love this stuff!
Oh yeah yeah you can to some extent... To my knowledge the only things that still can't be changed are the KO, Star KO and Screen KO sfx. Everything else is no problem. Although it's been forever since I've looked into it. I need to contact a guy...

MagicManNo9

Oh yeah yeah you can to some extent... To my knowledge the only things that still can't be changed are the KO, Star KO and Screen KO sfx. Everything else is no problem. Although it's been forever since I've looked into it. I need to contact a guy...
Why thank you! That should be more than enough for me to work with! Thanks again for the reply man! (I'm practicing with a Daisy costume atm so this will be fun)

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Any news on getting Mewtwo's actual Shadow Ball SFX from Melee into Project M?

Those Shadow Balls ain't right.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, I have no idea how to use that"Sawnds" thing. I can't get the File Patch Code, as all it does is link me to the All is Brawl main forums.

I really need some tutorial help.

Also, I don't understand this ".brsar" thing.

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord

Those don't exist? I'll have to go back and fix those... But... I have baaaaad news again... And also stupid explanation I guess...

So my computer is fixed nao... But one thing my computer doesn't have is an SD Card reader... That was for my laptop... Go frackin figure that it decided to die late last week... So now I have no way of testing these awexomez for you guys... SOMEBODY BUY ME A NEW LAPTOP! Or... Or this thing lmao
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=20-805-001
All I get is a link to the site and nothing specific, but are you talking about something like this http://www.amazon.com/USB3-0-Saicoo...1405791871&sr=1-3&keywords=usb+sd+card+reader. Cause this thing is only 10 bucks and works fantastically.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
All I get is a link to the site and nothing specific, but are you talking about something like this http://www.amazon.com/USB3-0-Saicoo-Digital-Memory-Flexible/dp/B00CMKS2DI/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405791871&sr=1-3&keywords=usb sd card reader. Cause this thing is only 10 bucks and works fantastically.
Oh man... cheaper than on Newegg AND free 2-day shipping... You are gawd. I shall purchase sometime this week! And I will be back to updating!

Why thank you! That should be more than enough for me to work with! Thanks again for the reply man! (I'm practicing with a Daisy costume atm so this will be fun)
No problemo señor o señora.

Any news on getting Mewtwo's actual Shadow Ball SFX from Melee into Project M?

Those Shadow Balls ain't right.
I kinda have it working? I have some vidz of the very first attempt at it that will be uploaded to muh channel soon (from a weekend Smashfest)... I'm probz gonna release a simple version of it... and then when I have more time I'll get super funky with it to make it sound just like it does in Muhlay.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
So I remember reading on here a while ago that the melee sfx messes with mewtwo and roy's sound clips or something like that, is it still that way?

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
this includes the crowd cheering sfx, yeah? that's positively my least favorite thing about brawl.

Rage83

Smash Ace
this includes the crowd cheering sfx, yeah? that's positively my least favorite thing about brawl.
Yes this does include the crowd cheer sounds. To replace them all, you need to replace the sfx of every character that Amazerommu has made, and the common SFX (common sounds are 7.sawnd)

Y-L

Smash Champion
Does anyone know what lines of code to add to my gct to have the perfect shield sounds? I have a custom one.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Does anyone know what lines of code to add to my gct to have the perfect shield sounds? I have a custom one.
Unless you care about the Melee powershield sound, then shield sounds will be Melee without the GCT.

Rage83

Smash Ace
7 is the general SFX which includes sword sounds, menu sounds, and hit sounds which I don't really want.
Yes, I know that. If you don't want the rest of the general sounds then you will need to use Super Sawndz to replace them yourself.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I remember reading on here a while ago that the melee sfx messes with mewtwo and roy's sound clips or something like that, is it still that way?
Not for much longer. I have a question for you all regarding that actually... For Roy... I know how to make it so that he doesn't make the jump sound EVERY single time he wavedashes... My question is... do you all want this changed, or should it be left the same? I personally don't mind that he shouts everytime you wavedash... but I remember a few others saying it.... wait... this is dumb... I'll just make two different versions... Wait... that means making 2 different dance... and smash 4 versions... I guess my work is cut out for me... *rolls up sleeves*

Yes these things are changed... I'm eventually gonna make separate little thingies for the sfx, menu sounds and crowd shiz and combinations of the 3... For now though... I'm workin on gettin the rest of these chars done. I actually have progress towards Jiggz and Samus... Mewtwo is about done although I'm gonna want ur opinions on the Shadow Ball sfx. It works flawlessly if you charge it fully from start to finish... but if you charge it a little bit, and then charge it again to full... The sound kinda... 'jumps' to the "full" sound since there is no way (at least that I've been able to find) to make the charge sound start in relation to how much the shadow ball has already been charged... #PMProblems. Ummmm... there was another thing... that I don't remember nao... cause the stuff with Roy and Mewtwo took so long...

Oh yeah... - this isn't what I forgot I was gonna say up there ^ - but you don't actually 'add' lines of code to the gct to change the perfect shield sound... you have to edit the sfx id's already inside PMs codeset to use the sfx id corresponding to the sound you want used. I have to do this every PM update as well haha.

Edit: Oh yeah you all can blame @Goodin for me not getting done what I wanted to today... Pokemon came up in a Skype convo... I believe that is all I need to say... lol

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Soooo uuuuuuh I have things for you all tomorrow! Well I actually have them nao... linked below and such in case you're really wanting them immediately... Nothing too important... just fixed Mewtwo and Roy finally (for the most part). I'm sure there are some things that can be made better with them, so plz test them and tell me those things.

In particular Mewtwo's Shadow Ball sfx may be kinda low to you all. If so then I'll adjust. And on the note of volume... their hoshikie (Star KO) sounds have the appropriate echo now... however because of that they might sound slightly lower than normal... I couldn't increase the volume a lot due to tearing in the sounds and such... Ain't nobahdy gaht time fuh dat. (There may be other tricks I can apply to fix this. Haven't pulled out all the stops yet!)

Umm enjoy! And if you don't gettum nao... Enjoy in the very near future! Since I actually changed quite a bit of stuff for each of them they'll have their own preview video... which I wasn't initially planning on doing... which is also why they're not added to the OP yet...

Roy and Mewtwo

OH MY GAWD HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE MY LAST UPDATE!?

Double You... Tee... Eff...........

bountyxhunted

Smash Cadet
Soooo uuuuuuh I have things for you all tomorrow! Well I actually have them nao... linked below and such in case you're really wanting them immediately... Nothing too important... just fixed Mewtwo and Roy finally (for the most part). I'm sure there are some things that can be made better with them, so plz test them and tell me those things.

In particular Mewtwo's Shadow Ball sfx may be kinda low to you all. If so then I'll adjust. And on the note of volume... their hoshikie (Star KO) sounds have the appropriate echo now... however because of that they might sound slightly lower than normal... I couldn't increase the volume a lot due to tearing in the sounds and such... Ain't nobahdy gaht time fuh dat. (There may be other tricks I can apply to fix this. Haven't pulled out all the stops yet!)

Umm enjoy! And if you don't gettum nao... Enjoy in the very near future! Since I actually changed quite a bit of stuff for each of them they'll have their own preview video... which I wasn't initially planning on doing... which is also why they're not added to the OP yet...

Roy and Mewtwo

OH MY GAWD HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE MY LAST UPDATE!?

Double You... Tee... Eff...........
PRAISE THE SMASH GODS! I've been waiting forever.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Mew2 makes the teleport sound when he airdodges, I don't recall that being a thing in melee.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
is there a way to do this on a hackless? I don't know if it's been answered before but im tired and dont want to read 26 pages so sorry if it's a repeat question.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
is there a way to do this on a hackless? I don't know if it's been answered before but im tired and dont want to read 26 pages so sorry if it's a repeat question.
Yes, it's the exact same as the hacked method. Just place the files where they belong, and they will work.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Mew2 makes the teleport sound when he airdodges, I don't recall that being a thing in melee.
It was a low pitched teleport sound
Ya and I didn't notice that Mewtwo now 'woops' everytime you wavedash as a result... Emukiller-unintentionally-inspired... haha

will the rsbe be affected if i have stage expansion? or is that commonpac5?
You'll need a special .gct file if you have stage expansion... You could actually just use the one you have... but you won't have the perfect shield sound... which isn't all that big a deal. But if you really want it, just copy the stage expansion code into one of my .gct's for whichever version of PM you're running.

Edit: OH YEAH Did you all notice I included the Sm4sh-esque Roy sword swings as well? He still goes highlighter crazy when you do his Doube-Edged Dance, but other than that the sword swings are exactly the same as Shun-One's Roy awesomeness... You welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom