• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee today in MD/VA?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It's my last friday with access to my own car before college starts up again, and I have a craving.

Travis? Plank? Skyheart? Bmore? SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IN MD/VA MUST WANT TO PLAY MELEE.

skyheart

Smash Lord
grrrrr, you guys should have said something yesterday. people were at my house meleeing =(. and im busy today

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Laugh, funny we def have a bigger community then mos ppl think

and don't be mad that you were never good at a game that takes skill....like melee

brawl is for the ppl that suck at video games

Lobos

Smash Master
lol my bad.....only like 5 ppl are actually good in melee from sova..oh lol at me being bad in melee thats really funny

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty isn't SoVA anymore (I guess he might rep the region still) because he's in GA now. But from what I remember hearing, he quit both games? I think he still plays Melee but not like how he use to.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Toasty isn't SoVA anymore. He's in GA now. But from what I remember hearing, he quit both games? I think he still plays Melee but not like how he use to.
That's a shame. Toasty was all about representing. Continuing to rep SoVa? That's what's up.

Well, at least you guys appear to still have a close-knit scene. Is Squirtle Squad still active? My impression is that SoVa doesn't travel much.

Lobos

Smash Master
There's a good 20-30 Melee players in the SoVA region. Only 2% play both.

You just got learned.

You haven't been here recently have you?
oh rhan <3 you should know I shouldn't being taken seriously on the boards :laugh: I am full aware of SOVA players.....I mean you guys are part of the MD/VA smash scene despite being 2-3 hours down south. :laugh:

rhan

Smash Hero
Only a few people here travel. I only know of a few SS members but the ones that I know of still chat over the SoVA thread. Ether still plays, I haven't heard much from O-No, and Mashi flip flops between Brawl and Melee.

The truth is that our scene has been deteriorating since Toasty's leave. Not many tourneys have been hosted for either game. Just a few Melee fests hosted by Ether. There's still a bunch of us still around. We just haven't been doing anything productive to get our region reconition. And now that school's starting back up people are going back to/starting college. My crew has been reduced to 3 members because of the Summer's end and the other Melee only crew KF have lost a couple members. But my friend Shaeman111 and I plan an hosting a tourney either before or after *Pound* 4.

Edit: My bad Lobos for getting a little defensive... I guess you were kinda right in a way...

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Laugh, kf is alive an strong to be honest rhan we have a good 12+ active members just Jwolf resigned so techniqually we are still good crew wise

and sorry rhan oro? is a little hard headed but love him to death one of my bestfriends and forever teammate at anything in life....ESPECIALLY melee

laugh please someone try to beat me and him we are the best team in sova!

but yea i suppose sova don't travel to much but we def have a good community ppl just don't know

fest and tournaments are coming up rhan before i knew you my place was the fest spot

STD's! every week never missed one week.....so rhan give me a little time to start that back up, atm my girlfriend is leaving to seattle in a week for about four months so im trying to juggle a bunch of things at the same time keep her as my prime responsibilitty

work, friends, and smash are a lot to juggle while more then 50% of your time needs to go to the girl you love you know?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
gah...my post got ***** by a ****ty connection.

tl;dr version, @ ChivalRuse

I quit Brawl in November after ECRC C3. I occasionally attend Brawl events to support the scene and chill.

I love Melee but have very little time to play. But I play and attend and travel for Melee WHENEVER possible.

I'll always rep SoVa! =D

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Ah man, it's been forever since I posted on these forums, If I was stationed back home i would definitely hit you up for some melee.... I miss the competition of the MD/VA area, FL kinda weak.

rhan

Smash Hero
Laugh, kf is alive an strong to be honest rhan we have a good 12+ active members just Jwolf resigned so techniqually we are still good crew wise

and sorry rhan oro? is a little hard headed but love him to death one of my bestfriends and forever teammate at anything in life....ESPECIALLY melee
STARS has 5 top members and about 5 lower members. The lower members are apart of the crew but thier skills aren't like the top.

laugh please someone try to beat me and him we are the best team in sova!
That's brave talk. Does S-Man and I have to take y'all on?

but yea i suppose sova don't travel to much but we def have a good community ppl just don't know

fest and tournaments are coming up rhan before i knew you my place was the fest spot

STD's! every week never missed one week.....so rhan give me a little time to start that back up, atm my girlfriend is leaving to seattle in a week for about four months so im trying to juggle a bunch of things at the same time keep her as my prime responsibilitty

work, friends, and smash are a lot to juggle while more then 50% of your time needs to go to the girl you love you know?
I'll try my best to be at those. Now that I've started working I can't call in any sick days until I'm about a month in.

Best wishes in your relationship.

I'll always rep SoVa! =D
Toasty <3

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Holy crap this thread actually had people post in it? I posted it before I went to the beach got back yesterday after a week with no internet lolz.

and jfox, I didn't intend for the title to rhyme but I was happy it did.

rhan

Smash Hero
Have you seen our recent HERB2 Team matches? Sheik/Samus & Fox is just too ****.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
well you know if you guys were really that **** i would be seeing you today at my house, but i guess you guys team just isn't good enough =P

jk...kinda =P

but rhan how far do you and sman live away from kempsville?

rhan

Smash Hero
If only he didn't tell these girls to come over already... He's trying to hook me up with someone so basically I'm going on a blind date today....

S-Man's uptown Newport News (About 10 minutes from CNU). And I'm about 30 minutes over the Coleman Bridge... But I usually stay in Newport News about every weekend anyway.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
oh dang that is a pretty good trip away, but yea i should be def holding more fest so don't worry about miss'ing this one it prob won't even have that big of a turn out

i just saw doug trying to party and i figured fudge it might as well have ppl come over

have fun on your blind date =P

wht you and sman doing going to the movies or something of that sort?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm moving to Rockville on Wednesday...is anyone from here going to TO5 this coming weekend? I'd like to tag along and I'll help with gas.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's the georgia tournament. I know Tope/cyrain go to them, and some TA people have been down there before

Top Bottom