• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Livestreams

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I was thinking of livestreaming some of Cats4Peace in WI this coming weekend. I have done some stuff on ustream and livestream in the past, it will just depend of if i can get this computer online at UofW Oshkosh

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I was thinking of livestreaming some of Cats4Peace in WI this coming weekend. I have done some stuff on ustream and livestream in the past, it will just depend of if i can get this computer online at UofW Oshkosh
Would love to see a wisconsin tournament, use both justin tv and ustream so you can show the venue as well as the matches. =D

PB&J

Smash Hero
he will..he just wants to let his friends to watch ..like me but ill make sure he knows..for me and juan diego can be cheering him on while he fights aniolas and mikey lenitia in pools

Ballistics

Smash Champion
A couple days ago Black Hayate said he was going to livestream Cats4Peace...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/black_hayate
Thanks for the link, I'm assuming this tournament is tomorrow, please follow the format like in the second post of this thread next time

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
my bad, I never even looked at the first page...

Title: Cats4Peace
Date: 1/9
Host: Eighteenspikes
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255655
Livestream Link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/black_hayate
Estimated time of stream: i have no idea, tourney is done at 9 pm central time though
Entry Fee: $15 Singles, $20 Doubles(10 per person)
Players: 18spikes, Cosmo, Chexr, James Sparrow, Kels, Tink, Seanson, Sveet, Sago
For Videos After: no idea

wiito

Smash Apprentice
he will..he just wants to let his friends to watch ..like me but ill make sure he knows..for me and juan diego can be cheering him on while he fights aniolas and mikey lenitia in pools
and me cheering too xD... wait, are you not going to the tournament?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hmmm, there definitely should be more than one livestream IMO, but i guess that's not realistic. if there are going to be 100 setups, we're gonna miss a LOT of good sets.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
The biggest issue we had with streaming C4P was that the big matches were at seemingly random TVs, and people were not playing tournament matches on the TVs that were streaming. A ton of the matches that were streamed were friendly matches. I was trying to get people to play big matches on the stream, but people pretty much did not listen.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
The biggest issue we had with streaming C4P was that the big matches were at seemingly random TVs, and people were not playing tournament matches on the TVs that were streaming. A ton of the matches that were streamed were friendly matches. I was trying to get people to play big matches on the stream, but people pretty much did not listen.
Yea ive had this problem too man, try to work with the T.O. next time, or if you are the T.O. just tell people they have to play on the streaming tv.

BTW justin.tv is more reliable than ustream in my opinion.

idea

Smash Master
thanks.

melee and brawl better not be shared on the same stream...i don't want the part of pound 4 i'm interested in to be interrupted by metaknight dittos X_X

LLDL

Smash Hero
they wont, vgbootcamp and some brawl players are taking care of mostly brawl steam, and i think waffles and friends will take care of SEVERAL melee streams, so it will be hard to choose one.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE STREAM and pretty much anyone that starts a second stream will slow down both streams to the point where it may be unwatchable.

Link will be here: http://pound.vgbootcamp.com/

This is the official livestream where VGBootcamp is holding it. :p

strawhats

Smash Master
thanks.

melee and brawl better not be shared on the same stream...i don't want the part of pound 4 i'm interested in to be interrupted by metaknight dittos X_X
Brawl won't interfere with melee in the final round anyways...its pools day for brawl anyways and wtf wants to watch pools when you can watch melee tournament matches. :)

Composeur

Smash Ace
I just want to be crystal clear on the projected times the Melee stream will be active, since I'll be watching from Korea (at horrible hours). Melee pools are going to be all day Saturday, maybe from 12p until...? Will they include any brackets?

And then tournament matches will be on Sunday? Starting at...12p or something? Sorry to ask but I need to know so I don't accidentally sleep through GFs >_<

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Title: Pound 4
Date: January 16th, 17th, 18th, 2010.
Host: Plairnkk
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237419
Livestream Links: www.pound.vgbootcamp.com
Estimated time of stream: starts 12pm on saturday most likely

no one else will be streaming at pound, just VGBootCamp

On another note,

Melee will be streaming Day 1 and Day 2 until Grand Finals is over for Singles

Brawl Bracket matches will stream Monday unless the Melee tournament ends early Sunday. In that case they will start streaming Sunday night.

Anyone else who says they are streaming at Pound do not know what they are talking about.

That is all

Composeur

Smash Ace
So melee matches will start again at 12p (probably) on Sunday, right? I know nobody here is clairvoyant, but based on past tournaments, about what times might finals/GFs fall between? Like 2p, 4p, 6p, or what?

Composeur

Smash Ace
probably round 7 or 8
Ah, that sucks. I have to leave for work at 7p EST. =/ Maybe I can download a program to do a video capture of my screen display, and set my browser to auto-refresh in case the stream gets interrupted. Blah.

Top Bottom