• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Livestreams

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
There might me a stream this weekend. Entrants include Armada, Calle W, IVP and Hack.
http://www.justin.tv/ajp_anton
Tournament starts on friday, but I don't know how fast I can get this computer to record, let alone stream. Still haven't got a new "real" recording computer.
Will update with info when I get there and the internet is actually working =).

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
OK so there is internet, but no ethernet cable (I don't have wireless), so I can't actually send the stream anywhere. This should be fixed tomorrow.
Streaming to "myself" works perfectly so far. Quality looks better than most videos I've seen.
edit: we have a cable, but it's too short. Another cable should arrive "soon"... teams is almost over, singles bracket hasn't started yet.
edit2: or not. The guy who was supposed to have a longer cable didn't. No stream =(

rhan

Smash Hero
Apparently nobody can stream Melee. Not even if we have our own equipment. VGBC dictatorship. :/

Composeur

Smash Ace
What?? ****ing seriously?? It's a BUREAUCRATIC problem and not a logistical one? For months we've been promised livestreams for Pound V, and now this BS at the last second? If that story is true, then VGBC should...AAAH. Whatever.

Whatever.

strawhats

Smash Master
It's because Plank didn't expect that both games would produce such disappointing turnouts, considering melee had 350 people enter for singles at last years Pound IV. Brawl, well no one really expected that it wouldn't at least get to 200 people. Pound is traditionally a melee tournament so I don't think anyone expected a ridiculous amount of entrants for brawl. With that being said, Plank thought that enough people would register for him to not only pay off the venue, but to also facilitate little odds and ends such as live streaming, recording, etc...however Recording high quality Matches is a greater priority and running a tournament is of greater importance to VGBootcamp and plank, at this point in time considering not enough people entered to pay for a livestream and it was a little too late in the game that he realized how expensive it would be to livestream with such a low turnout and not enough funds to pay for one. Although people can set up their own livestream to help out the community, VGBootcamp wants to have high quality matches since their the ones in charge of the multimedia aspect of the tournament.

IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS that you guys won't be able to see the hype. I know how it feels to not be able to follow up with the action. Unfortunately thats how things work out sometimes, and that is what happened this time. I guess like Genesis, that should create more hype for the vids coming out.
I'll try to post on the boards if I see any hype matches, since I'm going.

Later guys. :)

Pi

Smash Hero
what...lol
if you bring your own laptop with a recording **** and tether your phone to it an everything i'm sure you'll be able to stream

i think what plank meant was that you won't be able to hook stuff up to VGBC's stuff and stream that way because it'll split the quality etc. etc.

there are other people than VGBC at the place recording, there is just no interenet, and tether streams suck

yall neeed to chill on the VGBC hate, they've done nothing wrong

Composeur

Smash Ace
I hope they're at least uploaded in a timely fashion. :(

And that we get some awesome husband/wife and dogysamich commentary.

Composeur

Smash Ace
so VGBC is recording right? If so, they have a history of taking their sweet *** time uploading vids...
I remember what you're talking about, for sure. VGBC seems to have its **** together more these days, though...maybe, anyway...

Zodiac

Smash Master
It was been said in other threads, streaming it would cost a TON of money, around $600 per connection I think. We will just have to wait until it gets uploaded on youtube, which I dont know where thats going but im sure we can find out by checking all the channels to be subscribed to thread in the melee discussion.

Composeur

Smash Ace
There are like 4 tournaments or something going on RIGHT NOW and I can't find working livestream links to any of them. This thread could have really been something great...

/melodramatic fade to black

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will be streaming MIST featuring Axe, Kage, Shroomed, Dart, Tink, Kels etc. on August 6th

My stream will be very smooth, great quality, and will feature picture-in-picture of the players faces in the corner. I also stream alot of drunken smashfests and other tournaments from this channel so please click "Follow"!

www.twitch.tv/peefsmash

(Twitch TV is the new gaming section of justin.tv so your acct will carry over if you have one. If not make one!)

Composeur

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if there's a stream for B.E.A.S.T. II? It should be going on right now or pretty soon, I think...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If anyone ever has a big tournament and wants it streamed I will try to come and stream it from my channel (134 followers and 7.9k+ viewers just in 3 weeks) just help me out with venue fee and that kind of stuff. =D

Top Bottom