• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Video Quality

Cymbo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MiiPun
On streams the quality for melee is really good. But on my T.V, the quality is really bad

The image quality on Wiis are slightly better than on Gamecubes in cable type vs same cable type

Some streamers run the Wiis with component cables, giving them 480p instead of 480i that composite (yellow) and s-video give, and then it goes to a splitter, then converter to 480i, and then the TV that the players see. Online viewers see the 480p signal. It still gets compressed though

If you want to improve your TVs picture quality slightly, you could play on a Wii with an s-video cable

Last edited:

MegaFatcat100

Smash Cadet
The image quality on Wiis are slightly better than on Gamecubes in cable type vs same cable type

Some streamers run the Wiis with component cables, giving them 480p instead of 480i that composite (yellow) and s-video give, and then it goes to a splitter, then converter to 480i, and then the TV that the players see. Online viewers see the 480p signal. It still gets compressed though

If you want to improve your TVs picture quality slightly, you could play on a Wii with an s-video cable
Actually, you can play melee through the wii u using homebrew channel, you can enable wii u wide screen mode through the loader settings (it's legal if you own the game)

Kadano

Magical Express
On streams the quality for melee is really good. But on my T.V, the quality is really bad
You can find out how to get a rather cheap high-quality Melee setup here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/work...tups-tv-monitor-console-capture-device.355292

With composite cables perhaps. With component or RGBHV cables, it's the opposite.

Top Bottom