• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee vs. Brawl: What it all boils down to

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
It seems like everyone has their opinion on Melee vs Brawl. The arguments com down to whether Brawl will be competitive or not compared to Melee. Whether you like Brawl or not, it all boils down to this:

A. You Like Brawl
Congratulations. You are the proud owner of a game you consider to be fun to play. You enjoy the multiplayer, the Subspace Emissary isn't that bad, and the other modes like Coin Launcher and Target Smash are fun distractions. You will likely be part of the group that will make Brawl competitive.

B. You Don't Like Brawl
Congratulations. You have spent about a year of your life speculating, reading the Dojo, prowling SWF for info and leaks, and prowling the internet for Brawl info, and for what? A subpar game. Good for you. All that time is gone. You will not likely be a part of the group that will make Brawl competitive.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Stop with these topics, this didn't need it's own thread.

Best101

Smash Ace
Have you contributed to the competitive aspects of this game yet? Just askin, cause you could be talking about yourself

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Your argument is that anyone who was hyped for brawl should love it because otherwise all their hype was for nothing? Just trying to clarify...

Disappointments do occur. I would think it would be better to realize that and not convince yourself everything lives up to your expectations.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Your argument is that anyone who was hyped for brawl should love it because otherwise all their hype was for nothing? Just trying to clarify...
What I meant was that if you spent about a year hyping yourself for this game only to hate it because it isn't Melee, it was a waste of time.

Disappointments do occur. I would think it would be better to realize that and not convince yourself everything lives up to your expectations.
I don't have to convince myself of anything. I love Brawl. It completely lived up to my expectations. I know it will be competitive.

Best101

Smash Ace
What do you mean by that?
Like finding new techniques that could speed up gameplay, trying to help out in the making of a tier list, finding offensive and defensive strategies for certain match-ups in the game, or just random discoveries that could help the competitive community.

Just stuff like that.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
I don't have to convince myself of anything. I love Brawl. It completely lived up to my expectations. I know it will be competitive.
Yes obviously I wasn't referring specifically to you, your first post addresses many SWF readers.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Like finding new techniques that could speed up gameplay, trying to help out in the making of a tier list, finding offensive and defensive strategies for certain match-ups in the game, or just random discoveries that could help the competitive community.

Just stuff like that.
competition: the act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.

What have I done for the competitive community? I have attended 3 (Brawl) tournaments, and held one. I have also attempted to find good character match-ups, and which make good doubles teams. What builds competition? A community that is willing to make it.

Top Bottom