• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee's Hitstun or L Canceling n Wavedashing

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
Heyro ppl just wonderin which would you rather have in brawl (look at teh title) I would prefer Wavedashing and L Canceling.

EDIT: Ok i've decided to spilt all 3 up so it's between Melee's hitstun,Wavedashing and L canceling I would've put it in the title but I don't know how to edit my title lol

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Hitstun. I miss long stringed combos, and some moves auto cancel anyways. As for wavedashing... well i did like it, but I still think that hitstun is more crucial.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Wavedashing.

I miss it so.

Hitstun though hmm.......

Nah wavedashing was to much fun and stupidly usefull.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
L-canceling/WDing to increase offensive and mindgame techniques.

And people, don't waste your time with comments opposing this topic.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
I never learned L-Cancelling or Wavedashing when I played Melee, but I guess that was because I didn't play it competitively. But I hear that L-Cancelling really helped C. Falcon. So... Since I'm a C. Falcon mainer, I'd have to say I want L-Cancelling back. And by the way... If they put L-Cancelling in, doesn't that mean Wavedashing is back in? Because basically you're asking if we would want the Hitstun from Melee or Directional Air-Dodges. :confused:

The Best Gamer

Smash Cadet
And by the way... If they put L-Cancelling in, doesn't that mean Wavedashing is back in? Because basically you're asking if we would want the Hitstun from Melee or Directional Air-Dodges. :confused:
L-canceling had nothing to do with directional air dodges. You just press L when you hit the ground, during an arial, and the lag was reduced. No dodge involved.

Given these choices, I vote hitstun. I never cared much for wavedashing, and L-canceling really didn't add any depth. It was just an arbitrary extra button to press.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
L-canceling had nothing to do with directional air dodges. You just press L when you hit the ground, during an arial, and the lag was reduced. No dodge involved.

Given these choices, I vote hitstun. I never cared much for wavedashing, and L-canceling really didn't add any depth. It was just an arbitrary extra button to press.
Oh, thanks for the correction. :) I never used L-Cancelling or Wavedashing, so I don't know much about it either.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
lolwut?

10chars.
Metaknight is considered by some people the akuma of brawl beacuse they think he's broken. I just like saying it.
GOD what am I saying he's ****ing broken ZOMG
hitstun would just make him worse.

Street fighter references FTW

Top Bottom