• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee's WORST Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
In your opinion, smashers, what is Melee's most cheapest move? The move can be fatal, it can be really annoying, have a disgusting lag time, be AMAZINGLY cheap, anything.

My pick for Melee's worst move falls under the Fatal and Amazingly Cheap categories.
Link's Up B move. "That's not cheap at all!" you say, well, here it is:

Link is edgeguarding you. You're about to jump/climb onto the stage when you're sent diagonally downwards at the speed of light by Link's up B. If you don't believe me, try it.

What are your picks?
Holy Dumb ****, I hate that.

Worst.. Probably Ganons Up Tilt. Edge guard use perhaps, but it still blows imo.
Cheapest: Peaches Dsmash.. The shine.. i dont know.

enigma618

Smash Rookie
for worst move has to be links spin attack, just because of how cheap it can be on the edge.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Falcon Kick can be used as a recovery tactic, and a few times I've seen it used to get out of situations fast. That is NOT the worst move. I think all attacks have their uses at one time or another, except for the Ice Climbers' single Up-B (meaning only one Ice Climber is alive).

Edit: Also, the fact that Falcon Kick isn't one of Falcon's more useful moves, it doesn't mean it's the worst in the game. That doesn't make logical sense. Marth's forward when using all the attacks is rarely used due to it not being one of Marth's BEST moves. But look where Marth is on the tier list. All of Marth's other attacks are very good, and thus why one attack not being on par with the others doesn't mean it's the worst.

LeifusYourGod

Smash Cadet
to Pyroloserkid, try sweet spotting again links up-b, what i do, never have a problem w/ it (then again i play shiek)

but in terms of the games absolute worst move (aka lag time and pure garbageness) id have to say gannon's up tilt

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
My personal favorite has got to be Sheik's Fair. Such a beaut to use.

My vote for Melee's worst move, though, honestly?... Does Zelda/Sheik's Down B count?

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
zelda vB is usefull for recovery
falcon kick is uberusefull sometimes
falco's fair is simply wonderfull

how do you become so ignorant >_> on gfaqs you would get eaten.

bad moves are in lines of single ICs upB, ganons utilt, luigi dash attack

also shine for best move.

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
Ah, yes, The Shine.

You know what? There is no "best" move. Only "best" moves per character.

Sheik's got Fair.
Fox's got Shine.
Peach has... DSmash?

max32090

Smash Ace
zelda vB is usefull for recovery
falcon kick is uberusefull sometimes
falco's fair is simply wonderfull

how do you become so ignorant >_> on gfaqs you would get eaten.

bad moves are in lines of single ICs upB, ganons utilt, luigi dash attack

also shine for best move.
hahahahah jeez

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ganondorf's U-Tilt has no competition for this title.

However if it's cheapness you want...? Does SDI count? lol

hyrdalisk23

Smash Rookie
Worst Move-Mario's vB, other than a small aid to recovery, really not very useful.
Best Move- Mr. Game & Watch Neutral A in air, the parachute is incredibly easy to employ and effective.
Cheapest Move-Mr. Game & Watch >B, if you get a lucky 9, it is a rather cheap k0, overall the move has a decent balance though.

DarkMagus

Smash Apprentice
Set a spike jacket. Start a neutral B. If they are not used to ness, they will try to attack ness, probably get hit by the spike jacket, and get hit into the neutral B.
thats happnd to me T.T... neways im gonna agree with gdorf utilt and sheik's down b and shine obviously = best

Smo

Smash Journeyman
the worst move in the game is gonnons CROTCH OF DOOM utilt.

EDIT: smo...are u being sarcastic about fox's shine or are u serious...
Yes.

Sometimes the irony perception on the internet is terrible. Suppose it can be hard to tell but :S.

And about swapping the cheapest and worst....

Shine is not the cheapest move in the game.
And the fiery ******* sword thing isn't the worst.

Shiek's Fair is maybe the cheapest.
And DK's headbutt is the worst. Luigi's Dash would be worst, but that looks funny and gets +2 cool.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Nothing is cheap. Jesus. This is reminding me of GameFAQs. If a Jiggly misses a rest it can always be punished by an attack like the utilt of the warlock punch (although missed rest do not come often in high level play). The Ice Climber up-B seems pretty worthless to me. Aesir, can you maybe explain why it's not at least competition for the worst? The only possible thing i can see use for it is sweetspotting the ledge from under a stage, but I wouldn't think chances for that would come easily.

wazza

Smash Rookie
uhhhhhhhhh bowsers flame thingy its slow and dosnt do much impact dats the rite word rite?

Smo

Smash Journeyman
uhhhhhhhhh bowsers flame thingy its slow and dosnt do much impact dats the rite word rite?
usually we use the terms "damage" and "knockback" to describe the strength of an attack. I'm sure you can work out what these mean :)

Bourgie

Smash Rookie
I love how in the other thread you got flamed and apologized

So tried to throw a jab in here

=)
hehe, im just messing around. The mods post in my topic was the most amazing thing i've ever read! So fair and just to everyone!

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Worst:
^B with one Ice Climber
Ganon's Utilt
Every Electric move Pichu does (except Down B when it doesn't hit Pichu)

Cheapest:
Fox's Shine
Peach's Down B

Skivich

Smash Cadet
i play as samus and i truly hate playing some one who tears people apart with the shine of fox/falco its cheap sometimes super cheap

Bourgie

Smash Rookie
i play as samus and i truly hate playing some one who tears people apart with the shine of fox/falco its cheap sometimes super cheap
Fox is my main character, and I also think that shines are uber cheap when used too much. +1 to you ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom