• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melty Blood CC / Under Night In-Birth - MBAACC Caster finally!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
OP updated~ But somewhat unfinished. Dunno if I should really do a full write up or not.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
UNiB is surprisingly flashy, with those massive hitsparks whenever a weapon attack lands.

It looks really fun, I hope it manages to get a localization if/when it gets a console release so it can have a better chance over here. They would really need to change the spelling to Inverse though.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Man, why would they give Vatista a 3.7k ex-DP? That's so random.

Also, Luckystar is playing her, a top Nero from melty. We'll see some amazing stuff from him.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Merkava is looking really strong.

A patch might be a good idea, I haven't been paying too much attention to the game so I do not understand everything, but some things look kind of silly.

There is also this long, weak combo for Linne, 36 seconds. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-UIIRaKX8
It may end up kind of common.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I knew this game would have BB-like issues lol. Melty balance doesn't mean much when it was a game refined for 10 years.
If they take out the silly stuff and long combos, I'll be happy. As of right now, it's not too interesting.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
try to be like bb

have bb issues

yeah makes sense lol

i need to see more seth players

i just like the slash slash slash

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Seth matches are always entertaining to watch, that being said, my favorite matches have been Vatista and Orie mainly because I like those two from the start. I need to see more Carmine victories. )= [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
As amazing as HD Melty would be, I really want them to work on fixing UNiB.

I really like the idea of everyone having so much range, I want to try it out.

Sion is cool, makes me realize we don't have maids like team character though, I want more of those. :/

Guess there is at least Orie and her Persona.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
other than chain shifts, idk if there's really a huge problem with uni yet

cuz it's like post-week 1 so most of the game play looks "mmkay"

give it like 2 months and we'll see the most 'optimal' and 'prevalent' cheese. then agree uni needs the fixin'

but yeah, pretty sure melty is on the near-perpetual back-burner now that uni is out

gotta give uni their all. besides, i think they realize that while melty balance isn't perfect, it's as good as they're gonna get without trying to redefine extremely established character movesets/properties (the fact that maids are bulky + have insane neutral/pressure/damage is a bit silly). they'll instead use the knowledge of character design from mb and apply it to uni

all according to calculations

obv :048:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I dunno if anyone really noticed, but I finally just realized why people use chain shift on wakeup.

Chain shift cancels wake up animation.

lol

Crusayer

Smash Lord
How can they show us sion and then have nothing happen?! Too much anticipation now. But I would love them more if they would just release the ost >_<

Crusayer

Smash Lord
So there's word that fb is interested in bringing unib to steam. Melty HD was also considered.

Even though the fact that it would be on steam would help sales i think (that and i get to keyboard warrior \o/) and likely have better netplay, I hope it'll get on consoles as well for better standardized play. It won't ever be considered a serious fighter if it only gets stuck on PC.

Apparently sion in unib was a prototype for melty HD too Lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i heard melty hd

buzzwords buzzwords

I CAN WARUI NE

IN HD?

MAI BOY NANAYA BRINGIN IN THE CASH MONEY ANIME WAIFU LOVE PILLOW *****ES JUMP C THE WORLD

OG NANAYA OTG AGAIN

obv :080:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Kuso-ge confirmed.

(That combo was also in a hyde CMV earlier that month)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I haven't been keeping up on UNiB.

So it still has long combos after the patch.

That combo gave me some Umineko vibes.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i had high hopes for unib

but idk french bread has to sorta fix it a bit

atm it's like a faster bbcs1 or some **** with more ambiguous tier placements

at least there's an ost to look forward to

french bread just make melty blood hd already ;_;-b

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Patch took care of chain shift OP.

Then japan figured out veil off in the middle of combos are OP.

I'd hope to see melty style heat next patch instead. It's stupid that you can combo off a veil off (that and you'd build enough grd for a 6 grd chain shift to get the hitstun / bounce reset).

Carmine might even have an unblockable max veil off into astral setup.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
My hopes for this game are a kinda down atm because the character variety looks limited (All I see in UNiB vids now-a-days are Hyde, Seth, Gordeau, Carmine, and some of Yuzu), the combos are WAY too long, and Chain Shift, despite being nerfed, is way too abusable. Can't figure out opponents mix up? Use Chain Shift! Need full meter after already burning 200 in less than a sec so you can do veil off? Use Chain Shift!

The only reason I would still play this game is for Merkava. He looks really fun to use. Shame that hardly anyone uses him anymore. :< BRAWK BRAWK BRAWK BRAWK!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I don't think chain shift is too much of a problem anymore. The game limits itself to 5 grd unless you use a super in a combo (or you shielded some multi-hit attack). You'd only ever get 6+ grd if you do veil off combos (since you use two supers and then an arc drive).

You already can't do multiple chain shifts in one combo. If they didn't make it so veil off comboed, we'd be seeing only 5-6k combos with arc drive enders instead (which is still a lot but that's not the big problem).

Wake up chain shift doesn't give you a free escape either. All it does is cut your stand up time so you can act earlier. If they meaty you, you'd still have to block it (or DP). And with all the instant overhead and pseudo melty style pressure, blocking is pretty scary anyway.

Chain shift as a RC only gives you gradual meter (same amount I think but way slower). Raw chain shift is what gives you the 140% meter from all the grd you get from a veil off combo.

NERF VEIL OFF

Top Bottom