• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Area Rankings and tournament thread

WEZL

Smash Cadet
^^^ Haha, that's awesome.

Just curious, how does Iori rank on a national scale?

Ambix

Smash Ace
So nite, zero, and winnar should be coming to the smashfest.

Anyone else interested?

Ambix

Smash Ace
The 4 cordova guys are coming now too probably. so far we have 8 people.

we can probably squeeze 4 more in.

Vts

Smash Champion
The 4 cordova guys are coming now too probably. so far we have 8 people.

we can probably squeeze 4 more in.
sorry unless i can get off early not coming since i get off at 10pm would get there at like midnight/1 and then basicly go to bed lol, let me see if i can swap with the opener.

would love to come but i'll tell you tomorrow night if i can.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Ah... it's melee... I have never played melee before lol. If I came I'd end up being somebody's punching bag.
You're still more than welcome to come.

It's never too late to pick melee up.

you could bring a brawl setup too. I've only played brawl twice and it'd be *** rude not to return the punching bag favor.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
So for Tipped Off from Memphis, afaik:
Me
Iori
Jack
Ambix
Myztek
Arby
Vts
Shaka
Zulu
Toast (?)

If all these people come, who else is driving. If I remove all TVs, we can potentially fit 8 people in here, so that can be the plan if two people drop.

Else, it's two cars, 5 each + TVs
I looked in the Tipped Off thread and it seems like they didn't want people to bring TV's... Also what day are you leaving and returning BunBun?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
You're still more than welcome to come.

It's never too late to pick melee up.

you could bring a brawl setup too. I've only played brawl twice and it'd be *** rude not to return the punching bag favor.

Well when is the smashfest happening? I will try to show up, and bring a Wii setup if I have one available. I actually don't own one. I just play at the VUE almost every day, which is why my name is the VueBrawler lol. Cuz that's where I play. I'll at least show up and get beat on in Melee though, provided the time of the smashfest fits in my schedule.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Well when is the smashfest happening? I will try to show up, and bring a Wii setup if I have one available. I actually don't own one. I just play at the VUE almost every day, which is why my name is the VueBrawler lol. Cuz that's where I play. I'll at least show up and get beat on in Melee though, provided the time of the smashfest fits in my schedule.
People should start showing up at 12 PM this saturday and it'll go all day untill they want to leave.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Actually Vue I'm pretty decent at Brawl so I'll play some with you :D

But not too much so I don't get bad at melee right before TO6

Ambix

Smash Ace
We have about 5-6 TV's right now.

If anyone else wants to bring one or two that'd be great.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
I'll totally play Bawrl, too. I'm not good, but that doesn't mean I can't try, right? xD

Winnar- You're going to TO, too?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

VTS- I rabu you

Vts

Smash Champion
I'll totally play Bawrl, too. I'm not good, but that doesn't mean I can't try, right? xD

Winnar- You're going to TO, too?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

VTS- I rabu you
hey on the ride to tipped off i'm making arby play meganman battle net 3 with me aka i'm playing blue he got white.

and we are going to battle after every time someone beats a boss.

going to be hyped

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Actually Vue I'm pretty decent at Brawl so I'll play some with you :D

But not too much so I don't get bad at melee right before TO6
Haha, I only consider myself decent at brawl. Until recently I only specialized in Pikachu, and he's very limited in what he can do. But we can play a little if somebody brings a Wii. If not, I am taking the crash course on Melee lol.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Would it be okay to bring melee set ups to the vue from time to time.
Heck yeah! Were having weeklies on Tuesdays from 6 PM to 10 PM. We have 1 GC setup and 1 Wii setup for sure on those nights. During the regular times, they do not mind you coming up and setting up a GC on the two gaming tv's in the back... Just be WARNED: They lag... But yeah, Jordan and I have decided to officially extend the league to Melee.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Hey BunBun what do you think the chances of us getting back on Monday would be? If I'm going to go I'd like to be back before 3PM on Monday.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
hey on the ride to tipped off i'm making arby play meganman battle net 3 with me aka i'm playing blue he got white.

and we are going to battle after every time someone beats a boss.

going to be hyped
That's effing beautiful! BN3 is so much more well-suited to competitive play than BN2. NaviCust <3 That and the limits on how many of certain chip classes adds some challenge, as opposed to "durrr I'ma just have a bunch of uber raep chips huuurrr."

I definitely wanna hear how this goes xD

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
me and my friend T (dibs) decided to come to Ambix's today if thats cool.....can someone text me an address or something? 901-734-2943

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys who else is TOTALLY FRIGGIN PUMPED for today?
I was, and then it happened, and it sucked you guys' d!cks! :chuckle:

Nite
- Awwww Run7 <3 'nough said.

Ambix- Nicely done smashfest, sir! Honestly, I expected it to be lame and only have a few people, but the turnout was good, so I was glad there were so many setups.

Winnar & Jeff- Thanks for driving all the way out to hang and have fun. I hope Ambix doesn't try anything funny while you're asleep...and if he does, I hope he films it. Also, I hope to play both of you again in the near future! =3 Also, Jeff needs a tag. It's weird calling people by their names xD

Iori
- Is now to be known as "Giraffe Gagger." That is all. I demand 1v1s next time.

Myz & Mignon- Thanks for coming (albeit late as a mug)! Myz, you're doing well in being a Smash sensei; Mignon, keep at it! You're doing **** well for someone just picking the game up.

Errbody else- We gotta play next time xD Thanks for coming and making the Ambix Smash-a-Thon to benefit HyperDragon's need for new, bigger undies a huge success!!

Top Bottom