• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Menu Color Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowlinks99

Smash Rookie
Sorry for being a total n00b, but where does mu_menumain_en.pac go? I'll try to post pics of my Menu when I know.

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
As pretty as having a picture is, it's static and it becomes dull soon. So moving back to an old subject, we should really find the colors for the CSS screen.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just so you know, Trying to replace the BG (Men.........Bg or whatever it's called) of the CSS will cause the game to greet you with the screech of death upon entering, even if you import the needed textures and animations.

Anyway, all I did sucessfully was replace the images of the characters.

We are a long way from a Melee screen.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Just so you know, Trying to replace the BG (Men.........Bg or whatever it's called) of the CSS will cause the game to greet you with the screech of death upon entering, even if you import the needed textures and animations.

uh, no, the CSS replacement works fine. you're probably doing it wrong.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I've been wanting the red/black menu..
If they can customize the CSS that will be great..

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
Frozen Hobo has made some success, but no success in color changing. I like the picture he chose though. Reminds me of my desktop.

Also...

You did it wrong. Same thing happened to me. I overlooked a small detail.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I looked it over and tried the main menu and.....
nothing happened.
It's like I never even put it on.
So what file does the game read the main menu from, common_en.brres, mu_menumain_en.pac, or MenuMain_en.pac?

I tried testing all of the above and both have produced absolutely no change.

I tried removing the _en fromt the names and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

tymedahog

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question I cannot work out, how do you remove the foreground elements on the top and bottom of the menu?

Thx in advance guys

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
I think I found the colors for the CSS. But I need to test it out when I get home. Unless someone can provide me a way to download a European .iso within the next 2 minutes and somehow hack my computer to download anywhere in the world using the power of pure will and magic, then I'd have to get back to you in a couple of hours.

My theory is MiscData[30]

Edit: My theory failed... somewhat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPIobd7Wh34

My menu hack, heavily based off OP's hack.

∫unk

Smash Master
so i've read a few pages... from my understanding:

there's someone that has something that changes colors with what menu they're on (seen on youtube), but hasn't provided the DL link because they're trying to get the CSS to change too

frankly I don't care about this I like it in it's current version if you could provide the link XD

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
You're referring to my video?

I am actually not waiting to change the CSS. I am trying to fix that slight glitch with Subspace Emissary option where you go back and there is a white line for a quick second.

Edit for last post: When I said my menu hack is heavily based off OP's, I mean it's pretty much the same thing only done and full of explitives.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
You're referring to my video?

I am actually not waiting to change the CSS. I am trying to fix that slight glitch with Subspace Emissary option where you go back and there is a white line for a quick second.

Edit for last post: When I said my menu hack is heavily based off OP's, I mean it's pretty much the same thing only done and full of explitives.
I don't think anybody here cares too much about a "white line for a quick second."

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I know only one person that the white line would truly bother. If you really want to fix it, then go ahead. But I await links nonetheless.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
I think I found the colors for the CSS. But I need to test it out when I get home. Unless someone can provide me a way to download a European .iso within the next 2 minutes and somehow hack my computer to download anywhere in the world using the power of pure will and magic, then I'd have to get back to you in a couple of hours.

Wow...must have...it's very clean. I'm guessing it changes to green for the "Vault" menu?

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice

Post download link now! plz .-.

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
I will, I will. I've just had a horrible series of personal issues and classes.

P.S. Apologies to those who may feel offended by my anti-Brawl+/tourney attitude. It's a personal message against all the people I personally came into contact with who complain because Brawl+ isn't on and items are on (usually at a casual video game event).

P.P.S. Has anyone considered the idea that the CSS screen is also shared by the select map screen, so there's a completely different file we should be looking for?

Oh well...

P.P.P.S. PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS AN ERROR WITH THE COLORS! For some odd reason, when sharing this among a select few for testing and prerelease I was told a menu would go green when it should've gone red.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8U6LGKLR

Screenshots ahoy!

Alphatron

Smash Champion
GREAT SUCCESS!

I'll download it as soon as I get on a computer. As a brawl+ player, I don't mind the anti tourney/brawl+ attitude at all because using this will be ironically funny. I'll report any problems back tommorow.

And yeah, the CSS colors are probably in a different file. I should look, but blind editing makes me feel really stupid. I will anyway.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Not working for me. >_<

The main menu is the same, Group is slightly blue, Solo is slightly green, Vault is yellow, Data is a little red.
I'm probably missing something really obvious. x_x

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
This is so weird. I swear I just took mu_menumain.pac right out of the .iso and uploaded it. The screenshots I took are also directly from my .iso that I just extracted to give you guys the .pac.

If it's anything, I will come back with a screenshot of what I did in Brawlbox.

Also, are you guys SD loading? I never tried SD loading so I wouldn't know how reliable it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom